Winter Boots? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Winter Boots?

Hartford
01-04-2013, 10:04
In the past two years I have gone through two different pairs of sorel boots. I had a set of the Alpha Pac boots that I really liked, until the stitching connecting the rubber lower the cloth upper started coming apart. Those were returned to amazon and replaced by amazon. The replacement pair wasn't what I wanted, but it was all I could get. A pair of Intrepid Explorers. Now the rubber lower is cracking around the toe cap. They are old enough that I need to go through Sorel.

Now comes the part I'm hung up on. After they get sent in and examined they will either replace or substitute a new pair, but no refunds. I'm not really thrilled about the idea of getting a third set of junk boots and having to go through all this again.

My boots get used. I ice fish without a shack. Water gets on the boots and freezes, I think this is what did the stitching in on the alphas. I snowshoe for a few miles a couple times a week coyote hunting. And they get worn when doing anything besides working my job.

So. Do any of you winter enthusiasts have a boot that has been good to you.

attrapereves
01-04-2013, 10:19
LL Bean Bean boots. Lifetime, no questions asked warranty.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/31179?feat=506794-GN2&page=men-s-l-l-bean-boots-8&attrValue_0=Tan/Brown&productId=197756

They also have them with thinsulate and fur lining.

dango
01-04-2013, 10:24
Bought a pair of "Danners" two years ago . "GOR-TEX , THINSULATE" , fact is , if your feet don't sweat , they won't get cold .
I used to wear "Sorels" but me feet would get cold from moisture !
Any insulated , breathable boot is a good choice and add a "VIBRAM" sole to it and you can't go wrong !:wavey:

Rinspeed
01-04-2013, 10:42
They're all disposable China junk anymore. Lacrosse and Sorel both used to make some great boots that would last for years, not any more. Sadly the vast majority want to buy on price not quality.

attrapereves
01-04-2013, 11:48
They're all disposable China junk anymore. Lacrosse and Sorel both used to make some great boots that would last for years, not any more. Sadly the vast majority want to buy on price not quality.

That's what I love about my Bean boots. Made in Maine, USA.

Hartford
01-04-2013, 12:33
Never been a fan of the traditional Bean boot, but I will be in Freeport tomorrow. See waht they have at the store. Thanks for the reminder.

Really disappointed sorel won't refund the purchase price. Oh well. I just wear out their new boots before the end of the winter. Get a new pair for the price of one every year I guess.

Never mind got a call back from the service department. Asked to speak to the manager after being told again there was no way to get a refund. Getting a refund now.

Mayhem like Me
01-04-2013, 13:26

Danner Made in USA boots with Vibram sole, 600 grm thinsulate and Gor tex.. Keep my feet warm and dry .