I just can't stop doing stupid stuff [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I just can't stop doing stupid stuff

Bill Powell
01-04-2013, 11:32
A few days ago i decided to thrill my wife by showing her my kitchen skills while she was at work. Well, I surprised me, twice.

I loaded the dishwasher and put in the soap, and I do mean soap. Sitting there on the counter in broad daylight was a bottle of green Palmolive dishwashing soap. not dishwashing deterrgent for machines.

When I went back about an hour later the entire kitchen floor was covered in about and inch of white foam. It took me and hour to clean it up. When I got the floor dry I fired the washer up on rinse cycle, and it did it again. Took me another hour to clean up the second layer of foam.

Cubdriver
01-04-2013, 11:38
A few days ago i decided to thrill my wife by showing her my kitchen skills while she was at work. Well, I surprised me, twice.

I loaded the dishwasher and put in the soap, and I do mean soap. Sitting there on the counter in broad daylight was a bottle of green Palmolive dishwashing soap. not dishwashing deterrgent for machines.

When I went back about an hour later the entire kitchen floor was covered in about and inch of white foam. It took me and hour to clean it up. When I got the floor dry I fired the washer up on rinse cycle, and it did it again. Took me another hour to clean up the second layer of foam.

Bill, thanks for the laugh! Sounds like something I'd do.

-Pat

RedTop
01-04-2013, 11:40
I bet the dishes were clean. LOL.

azbuckeye
01-04-2013, 11:44
You tried to help.....You gotta get points for that much!

dango
01-04-2013, 11:49
Do not feel alone ! Last night , the wife a I were watching a "BAD-GUY" movie .I loaded up my 30 with snap caps and would assist the "GOOD-GUY" ! I got my "pinky" finger stuck in the ejection port ........Ouuuuch , this goes write along with "Fire is HOT" Thing...! Oooouuuuch...! :wow:

woodasptim
01-04-2013, 12:00
Dishes got cleaned, kitchen floor got cleaned. I bet she was thrilled!

ChuteTheMall
01-04-2013, 12:00
I hope your wife appreciates that you cleaned the kitchen floor.
No need to mention the other stuff.:whistling:

Grumpy Gardener
01-04-2013, 12:03
Every cloud has a silver lining Bill; at least you won't be asked to do dishes anymore!
If and when I meet a new gal, I make sure to cook a couple of times, after that, I don't have to do it anymore!

gg.

dango
01-04-2013, 12:09
Dishes got cleaned, kitchen floor got cleaned. I bet she was thrilled!

The best of the "Human-Factor"-(FLAWED) at work here !
Also , go human race , you've turn the Optimistic eye !
We are special..!:supergrin: Now about that finger ? Still soul searching ?.........Well , I still got a finger..! :supergrin:

Spiffums
01-04-2013, 12:15

My sister on her honeymoon put some bubble in the hot tub in the room.......... just she would if did a bubble bath.........there were ALOT of bubbles. It ran over the balcony and onto the ground 2 floors below her room.

Adjuster
01-04-2013, 12:46
I have done the exact same thing but only once. It sure seems logical that dish soap would be ideal for the dishwasher. How do all those bubbles get out of the dishwasher?

/

SC Tiger
01-04-2013, 13:09

You know what's worse than that? The fact that, having read that story, I'm entertaining thoughts of trying that when I get home.

Nestor
01-04-2013, 13:10
Bill at least You figured out how to keep yourself busy. Sounds like a good activity for the long, dark, winter nights ;)

Slackinoff
01-04-2013, 13:17
You can use palmolive/dawn in a dishwasher without making a mess as long as you dose the machine @ 3-5 drops maximum. I am what you would call an "expert"

Rabbi
01-04-2013, 13:23
:rofl:

Yeah, that is how I do it as well. That way you never have to do it again! :whistling:

M&P15T
01-04-2013, 13:32
Bill, it was just two birds with one stone.

Far from stupid, you're a genius. Celebrate your hard work and good fortune at finding a great way to do the dishes and clean the floor at the same time.....twice!!!

Bill Powell
01-04-2013, 13:40
Three to five drops? That little cup with the door on it held three, three ounces. Yes, that floor is clean.

CitizenOfDreams
01-04-2013, 14:18
Pix or it didn't happen.

okie
01-04-2013, 14:23
We have all messed up a time or two Mr. Bill:embarassed::supergrin:

PBCounty
01-04-2013, 14:24
You should see what happens when you're 17 years old and you toss a Costco size box of Tide into the decorative foutain outside of your local country club.

GRIMLET
01-04-2013, 14:45

Next time, turn on the ceiling fan or put a box fan in front of it for an hour and it will be gone. Then mop the floor with just water. Its a LOT easier. How do I know????
Wellllllll, as posted earlier, I too am somewhat of an expert. 3-5 drops. Lessons learned!!!!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Bruce M
01-04-2013, 14:49
Hmmm so you mean the stuff specifically marketed as "dishwasher detergent" is not just marketing hype??

Bill Powell
01-04-2013, 15:09
I don't know about that, PBCounty, but I do know what happens when you dump a box of bubble bath in the city fountain in the middle of Kaiserslautern, Germany.

janice6
01-04-2013, 15:13
No big deal............Now you know................

(I just read of others experience and have no need to replicate theirs. I do, however, make my own epic disasters, sometimes while knowing better)

BicycleDay43
01-04-2013, 15:14

We all know how it is, brother. Human error is a relevant part of life. :wavey:

Sent from the Duke City using OHM

Grumpy Gardener
01-04-2013, 15:31
Three to five drops? That little cup with the door on it held three, three ounces. Yes, that floor is clean.

And then some? :rofl:

gg.

airmotive
01-04-2013, 15:37
As my dear old and dead grandma would say...
Bless your heart.

Didn't Bobby Brady pull a similar stunt with a clothes washer?

countrygun
01-04-2013, 15:47
" I just can't stop doing stupid stuff "

Oh really? How many times have you been married?

You have to be a recidivist to really use that sentence.

*ASH*
01-04-2013, 15:50
:rofl::rofl:

well :rofl:

NEVRL8T
01-04-2013, 15:54
I can't laugh. Yes, I can. I did it too. We had just moved into a new house and after my family's first meal in it, we loaded the dish washer. I then realized that in the move, we misplaced some of the kitchen supplies. I was pretty sure what was going to happen but I used a tiny amount of Palmolive. Didn't matter, looked like a foam party when I got out of the shower. Boy, was she pissed.

NEVRL8T
01-04-2013, 16:00
You can use palmolive/dawn in a dishwasher without making a mess as long as you dose the machine @ 3-5 drops maximum. I am what you would call an "expert"

Didn't work in mine.

Bill Powell
01-04-2013, 16:27
After these responses, well, I feel less stupid. I'm not sure that's good.

janice6
01-04-2013, 16:30
I told my kids, that if they didn't do something stupid once in a while, life wouldn't be any fun at all.........Remember you will die........Do something stupid while you still have time. Get in the last laugh.

Huaco Kid
01-04-2013, 18:09
I just can't stop doing stupid stuff

You should talk to some of my friends.

Hoo Boy!

At a recent Christmas gathering, they came up with a list of an even dozen times I cheated death.

(To my defense, only half of that list were things I initiated.)

The wrong soap in the washer is only a tiny bit stupid. Swimming where the signs say "Do Not Feed The Alligators" is big stupid. (Hey, I didn't know until AFTER I got hunted and chased.)

Averageman
01-04-2013, 19:23
I left my 17 year old Son at home for an extended period by himself.
You know the first conversation we had when I was loading the dishwasher when I got home?

Mrs. VR
01-04-2013, 19:31
Oh my goodness! Did no one else learn from The Brady Bunch??!! :rofl:

Dan_ntx
01-04-2013, 19:55
You should see what happens when you're 17 years old and you toss a Costco size box of Tide into the decorative foutain outside of your local country club.

There is a shopping center in town that moved the giant fountain they erected at the entrance by the main road because the engineers and designers that planned it underestimated the stupidity of my classmates and just how many times we would soap it up.

About a gallon of dawn dishwashing liquid would get 6 in of foam across all 5 lanes... 2 gallons would get on the news

Sensai
01-04-2013, 20:14

I just did that.Ran out of the cascade pods and thought what the heck, soap is soap. Filled up the little compartment and shut the door. And like you said, It dosen't work too good. Glad I'm not the only one.

TKM
01-04-2013, 20:16
Had a roommate do that to our new hardwood floors.

Then we got new, new hardwood floors and about fifty pounds of the correct soap from a somewhat cranky landlord.:steamed:

HollowHead
01-04-2013, 20:24
I once sprayed a "self cleaning oven" with about two cans of Eazy Off and hit the self clean lever. I didn't know they were mutually exclusive terms and my landlord was really pissed after the fire department left. HH

Huaco Kid
01-04-2013, 20:28

I remember, someone did that in Houston, Tx, in a fountain downtown.

It gridlocked the city for a whole day.

Nestor
01-04-2013, 22:51
OK, I thought about keeping this story to myself and be buried with it, but here it goes.
Hot summer, wide open windows, and some stupid wasp sitting on the curtains.
Well, the mastermind (me) is grabbing a hair spray and lighter and trying his best to make insect's day memorable.
Flame thrower it is.
Didn't work out all that great for the curtains, but the wasp...well she flew away.
Honey!
Call 911!
Our house is on fire!

UtahIrishman
01-04-2013, 22:59
Third time a charm? :supergrin:

Of course I wouldn't know about these things. I'm sure it was my evil twin who almost burned the house down sweating a copper fitting with MAPP gas.

countrygun
01-04-2013, 23:06
My wife came home from a bulk shopping trip to the big city.

I was at work and didn't see the "put away". In the middle of the night, I was half awake and thirsty. she mumbled that she had bought a 1/2 gallon jug of apple juice and it was "next to the stove"

Hot ziggedy.

I go to the semi dark kitchen for a drink.

what she failed to tell me was that she had also purchased a 1/2gallon jug of "Pine-Sol" in plastic container similar to an apple juice container and had put the jugs on opposite sides of the stove.

You can fill in the blanks, but it ended in a hurling sound.

Huaco Kid
01-04-2013, 23:26
Oh my goodness! Did no one else learn from The Brady Bunch??!! :rofl:

That Alice knows how to camp with her Bluebird (boyscout) short pants and Marine hat?

(Ever see the episode where her "Aunt" took over and they all had to wake up at daybreak to do Reveille?)

DWARREN123
01-05-2013, 01:39
How do you think experts are created. Experience is a wonderful thing. :rofl:

oldcop1971
01-05-2013, 03:16
Wife was wanting a peanut butter cake, so whilst she was asleep i decide to fix one. Brain vapor locked and i used 1 box of cake mix per 9 inch layer pan instead of 1box=2 pans. Did you know cake mix is flammable? House was full of dense smoke and oven on fire. Kinda spoiled the surprise.
And just today, i was switching tv/dish box/dvd player to a new cabinet. Photographed it before taking it apart, diagrammed it. Put in new cabinet, wont work.......3 hours later i determine that i have looped the 3-end rca plugs from the video in on the dvd right back to the video out on the dvd. i was so mad i could have drop kicked some cats.......:steamed:

R2D2
01-05-2013, 07:41
No good deed shall go unpunished

MooseJaw
01-05-2013, 08:09
I don't know about that, PBCounty, but I do know what happens when you dump a box of bubble bath in the city fountain in the middle of Kaiserslautern, Germany.

Bubbles, eh? You must be a big fan of Lawrence Welk and Don Ho..

:rofl:

SC Tiger
01-05-2013, 08:16
There is a shopping center in town that moved the giant fountain they erected at the entrance by the main road because the engineers and designers that planned it underestimated the stupidity of my classmates and just how many times we would soap it up.

About a gallon of dawn dishwashing liquid would get 6 in of foam across all 5 lanes... 2 gallons would get on the news

That used to be a common trick in the reflecting pond at Clemson (which also serves as an aeriator for the campus air conditioners supposedly).

Cybercowboy
01-05-2013, 08:26
Wife was wanting a peanut butter cake, so whilst she was asleep i decide to fix one. Brain vapor locked and i used 1 box of cake mix per 9 inch layer pan instead of 1box=2 pans. Did you know cake mix is flammable? House was full of dense smoke and oven on fire. Kinda spoiled the surprise.

I tried to burn down our kitchen once too. It was very early in the morning. My then-boss was on his way over to pick me up and drive about 90 minutes to the airport in Tulsa. I did not want to ****-chat with him so I went out to get the newspaper. The paper was soaked! It landed just perfectly to get the blue bag it was in full of water from our sprinkler system.

Pissed and barely into my first cup of coffee, I went inside and tried to peel the paper apart in hopes of it drying. No go, it was just a wet clump. For some reason it made sense to put the paper in the microwave. I timed it for several minutes on high and hit start.

Filling my coffee cup, I glanced back at the microwave and saw flames through the window. Crap. I ran over and opened the door. Flames literally shot out several feet. I reached in and grabbed the flaming wreckage of today's news, and it dropped to the floor which thankfully is architectural concrete. Stamping out the fire, my wife comes running into the kitchen to see WTF is going on. There I am standing in a cloud of black ash that was raining down like giant black snowflakes. The microwave was scorched, and just then my boss pulled into the driveway.

Sigh.

Bill Powell
01-05-2013, 09:13
I do know, thankfully not from personal experience, that you cannot toss a wet kitten in the microwave for a quick dry.

I do know that after awhile a potato, forgotten in the microwave, will become flammable.

Slackinoff
01-05-2013, 19:01
Didn't work in mine.

:whistling: didn't clean the dishes or it made a hell of a mess?

Slackinoff
01-05-2013, 19:15
I do know, thankfully not from personal experience, that you cannot toss a wet kitten in the microwave for a quick dry.

I do know that after awhile a potato, forgotten in the microwave, will become flammable.

I once sprayed a "self cleaning oven" with about two cans of Eazy Off and hit the self clean lever. I didn't know they were mutually exclusive terms and my landlord was really pissed after the fire department left. HH

Recently had a can of denatured alcohol explode in my hand the last camping trip/ campfire I got going. I use denatured alc in my stove. I poke a little hole in the metal lid so I can squirt it in my stove and I was squirting some on the firepit being a dumb ass to get it going so the smoke would clear. Ka-blewy! Some how the fire made its way up the stream. No significant injuries or burns. :faint:Just blew the entire top seamed part of the can off and scared the bajesus out of me. Sounded like a gunshot, it echoed a few times.

Bill Powell
01-06-2013, 08:24
We used to chill beer with a bucket of alcohol on one side and a fire on the other. drop the beer in the alcohol, swig it over the fire to burn it off. You want to make sure fire is completely out before you drop the beer back in the bucket of alcohol.

itstime
01-06-2013, 08:31
Can't wait to hear when you wash the clothes. I hope it's better than the Brady Bunch. :)

Buki192327
01-06-2013, 10:54
We have all messed up a time or two Mr. Bill:embarassed::supergrin:

Only a time or two?:wow: I must be real....

Shinytop
01-06-2013, 11:00
Broke pyrex dish, put in trash. Took trash out, brushed my leg, 14 staples. Got real bloody, real quick. That tops a little suds.

jakebrake
01-06-2013, 11:01
she'll never ask you to cook or iron after that one, i'm guessing

Bill Powell
01-06-2013, 12:04
Another thing that gave me some fairly achy joints is by reading the cliff notes version of the instruction manual. I posted this years ago, but there are a lot of new people.

In New Braunfels, Tx I used to help a guy with some antique cars, and the care and feeding of about 30 polled herefords. One day my friend decided he wanted to make steaks out of one of the young bulls. We decided to give him a permanent peaceful attitude.

We made two major mistakes. We let him get to about 800 lbs before we attacked him, and we had cliff note's knowledge of the burdizzo we planned to attack him with. He let us wrestle him to the ground, I think so he could rest.

Anyway, everything went great, right up to the point we clamped that burdizzo on his scrotum. He gat a momentary surprised look, and then he jumped up, right through us, and stomped a mudhole in our collectives asses. I favored places I'd never had to favor before.

We kept tracking him as he pranced, he started prancing pretty quick, til the berdizzo didn't flash in the sun anymore. We had to find the burdizzo, cleaned it up, and returned to the guy we borrowed it from. BASTARD LAUGHED AT US........

MtBaldy
01-06-2013, 12:38
Don't feel too bad, BTDT.

sarge1
01-06-2013, 12:50
liquid downey will knock the bubbles down.

AZson
01-06-2013, 17:37
I bet the dishes were clean. LOL.

So was the floor.:rofl:

Bill Powell
01-06-2013, 18:37
so were the eight bath towels I soaked drying the floor

UtahIrishman
01-06-2013, 20:20
so were the eight bath towels I soaked drying the floor

No need to take a bath for a while then :supergrin: