10 gun bills on Congress's first day [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 10 gun bills on Congress's first day

TSAX
01-04-2013, 14:05
And so it begins/continues...............

H.R. 137 and 138 from McCarthy would require people prohibited from buying firearms to be listed in a national database, and would prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition clips.McCarthy's H.R. 141 would require criminal background checks on all firearms transactions at gun shows, which would close the so-called gun-show loophole. Her H.R. 142 would require face-to-face purchases of ammunition, the licensing of ammunition dealers, and the reporting of bulk ammo purchases.

Rep. Bobby Rush (D-Ill.) and Rush Holt (D-N.J.) each proposed their own bills tightening firearms licensing requirements H.R. 34 and H.R. 117, respectively. And Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) proposed H.R. 65, which would raise the eligibility age to carry a handgun from 18 to 21.

Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.) reintroduced his bill, H.R. 21, to require background checks for all gun sales, and to require gun owners to report when their guns have been stolen. Moran argued in December that while the National Rifle Association objec

thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/275587-10-gun-bills-introduced-in-first-day-of-the-house

:50cal:

SPIN2010
01-04-2013, 14:11
In the real world people get fired for repeating the same mistakes at their job. What happened here? :dunno:

Incredible. :faint:

attrapereves
01-04-2013, 14:23
McCarthy has been a busy little bee.

I really can't stand how the same reps keep trying to introduce the same bills time and time again. It's almost like begging an old girlfriend/boyfriend to take you back when they want to have nothing to do with you. No amount of begging will change anything.

About the gun being stolen thing. I thought it was already a federal law, or either a law in most states that you have to report guns stolen?

RussP
01-04-2013, 14:33
Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.) reintroduced his bill, H.R. 21, to require background checks for all gun sales, and to require gun owners to report when their guns have been stolen. Moran argued in December that while the National Rifle Association objects to these changes, members of the powerful group support them.

"The NRA as an organization is out of step with its membership on many commonsense gun safety measures," he said. "Polling shows nearly two-thirds of NRA members support the five simple ways to improve gun safety included in this bill."

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/275587-10-gun-bills-introduced-in-first-day-of-the-house#ixzz2H2ovsLrWMoran supposedly represents Virginians, well, he represents the most liberal district in Virginia. It sits on the Potomac across from DC. Truthfully, a lot of people up there would say it is an extension of DC. Does anyone know of the poll that says nearly 2/3 of NRA membership favors his controls?

tarpleyg
01-04-2013, 14:35
I want to ask Moron the same question. I love when people say stuff and then they can't/won't/don't back it up.

RichJ
01-04-2013, 14:36
Where can you carry a handgun at 18 years old? I thought it was 21 everywhere.

RussP
01-04-2013, 14:36
Are not prohibited persons already covered by NICS?

RussP
01-04-2013, 14:38
I want to ask Moron the same question. I love when people say stuff and then they can't/won't/don't back it up.He said once that 2/3 of gun owners not members of the NRA support his private sale prohibition.

TSAX
01-04-2013, 14:40
Does anyone know of the poll that says nearly 2/3 of NRA membership favors his controls?

Maybe my google-fu sucks, I couldnt find that.

Rabbi
01-04-2013, 14:45

You can get a concealed license in Texas if you are under 21 and over 18 if you are in the Military.

http://www.txchia.org/getchl.htm

the iceman
01-04-2013, 14:47
So glad to see our politicians are tackling the REAL problems our country faces on their first day back.

Fear Night
01-04-2013, 14:49
Some counties in Alabama will issue permits starting at 18. I got my permit back when I was 19. I couldn't even legally buy a handgun or ammo based on Federal law, but could still carry a loaded handgun via State law. Gotta love it.

winchester62
01-04-2013, 14:54
http://c481901.r1.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/sheila-jackson-lee1.jpg
They probably should name a few hurricanes after her.

Snowman92D
01-04-2013, 15:09
http://www.examiner.com/article/civil-disobedience-may-follow-washington-gun-legislation-says-rights-expert?CID=examiner_alerts_article

MedicOni
01-04-2013, 15:11

Here in NM you can open carry if you're over eighteen

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Bren
01-04-2013, 15:40

I really can't stand how the same reps keep trying to introduce the same bills time and time again. It's almost like begging an old girlfriend/boyfriend to take you back when they want to have nothing to do with you. No amount of begging will change anything.

They keep getting reelected by the scumbags who vote them in.

Bren
01-04-2013, 15:41
He said once that 2/3 of gun owners not members of the NRA support his private sale prohibition.

I seriously doubt it. There are plenty of members who just got their first gun and don't even know what the issue is, so they don't realize he's trying to make all private gun sales illegal. But that's not 2/3 of NRA members. I've never met 1 who favors it.

I suspect he's a liar.

Armanius
01-04-2013, 15:46
http://c481901.r1.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/sheila-jackson-lee1.jpg
They probably should name a few hurricanes after her.

A good portion of her electoral district (who are gun owners) could care less about gun laws. Only law abiding citizens care about the law. Gun control only controls law abiding citizens. Something that gun control libs either don't understand or don't care. Or maybe they do understand that, and intended that all along.

matt_n03
01-04-2013, 15:54
http://www.examiner.com/article/civil-disobedience-may-follow-washington-gun-legislation-says-rights-expert?CID=examiner_alerts_article

Since when do Sigs and Glocks fire 5 rounds PER SECOND? ****ing media, has no clue. Maybe if you have a bionic finger.

TSAX
01-04-2013, 16:05
Since when do Sigs and Glocks fire 5 rounds PER SECOND? ****ing media, has no clue. Maybe if you have a bionic finger.

Here, this threads explains your question, watch the video, be amazed

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1459443

XshooterX
01-05-2013, 12:35
So, when will we know the outcome of all this? What gets voted in and out...

jpa
01-05-2013, 13:32

About the gun being stolen thing. I thought it was already a federal law, or either a law in most states that you have to report guns stolen?

I agree and same with Feistein.

From an NRA release today...

On Dec. 17th, Feinstein said, "I have been working with my staff for over a year on this legislation" and "It will be carefully focused." Indicating the depth of her research on the issue, she said on Dec. 21st that she had personally looked at pictures of guns in 1993, and again in 2012.

So basically she's admitting that this legislation isn't in response to the shooting deaths of those children, but she isn't going to waste time capitalizing on their deaths to help her forward her legislation. She's been biding her time and waiting for the perfect opportunity and their deaths fits her agenda.

JuneyBooney
01-06-2013, 01:49
Moran supposedly represents Virginians, well, he represents the most liberal district in Virginia. It sits on the Potomac across from DC. Truthfully, a lot of people up there would say it is an extension of DC. Does anyone know of the poll that says nearly 2/3 of NRA membership favors his controls?

I think he is full of it. He is in Dc/Maryland extended and that area is sooo liberal that it amazes me. The NRA has the right idea on school shootings but the liberals don't want to admit it.

JuneyBooney
01-06-2013, 01:50

They are SuperSigs and SuperGlocks designed by antigunners for the media..they only exist on liberal tv. :rofl:

Armanius
01-06-2013, 03:07
I agree and same with Feistein.

From an NRA release today...

So basically she's admitting that this legislation isn't in response to the shooting deaths of those children, but she isn't going to waste time capitalizing on their deaths to help her forward her legislation. She's been biding her time and waiting for the perfect opportunity and their deaths fits her agenda.

Yep. Too bad no one in the mainstream media will ever call her out.

Louisville Glocker
01-06-2013, 03:49
None of these bills will even make the house floor. They have to get out of Repub controlled committee first. If they do go up for a vote, they'd be voted down.

No fears, people.

Edit: the background checks for gun shows could go through, just so the politicians can say, "see, we're doing something." Sort of a token offering.

Restless28
01-06-2013, 04:29
These tyrants are anti liberty attention whores.