how much has your paycheck been reduced?????? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : how much has your paycheck been reduced??????

Beretta92guy
01-04-2013, 16:49
just got my first paycheck of 2k13, im down about $34 for a regular 80-hour check......

and i really can't wait til' next month when our benefits open-enrollment begins, that's when we find out how much our health insurance-premiums will get jacked up thanks to obamacare....

but the good news is that people who are sucking on the government-tit (a.k.a welfare, food stamps, ssi) will see a nice increase in their income this year.......

thanks obama for all that "hope and change".........the motto should be "hope and change for people who are too fat, lazy and pathetic to go out and work for a living while people like me pay for it".........

enjoy your steak, chicken, pot roast, chips, soda, candy, pastries and juice on your EBT food-stamp card while my shopping cart is filled with spam, baloney and hot dogs......

:steamed:

just had to vent

edit: forgot to add "worthless" to the fat, lazy and pathetic part...

Jonesee
01-04-2013, 16:53
Isn't the only change so far the 2% Soc Sec bump?

lpo
01-04-2013, 16:55
Mine was about 30 or so light as well.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Cali-Glock
01-04-2013, 16:56

That is my understanding....

My healthcare bump was effective 1-1-2013; about 35% higher than I paid in 2012 for more coverage.

Beretta92guy
01-04-2013, 16:59

that's only the beginning of it:steamed:

cesaros
01-04-2013, 17:05
My bi-weekly pay went up about $14 per check. Everyone in the federal gov't got a pay raise, they claim its to keep us on track with the civilian sector, but if civilian pay is going down...hmm

gtrcivic
01-04-2013, 17:07
4.2% to 6.2% and loss of $95 per paycheck...Wife lost $68/paycheck. $340/month!!!!

Jonesee
01-04-2013, 17:12
4.2% to 6.2% and loss of $95 per paycheck...Wife lost $68/paycheck. $340/month!!!!

What else changed in your check? Please take a look again and tell us.

The IRS has not issued any new tax tables so your payroll department shouldn't have made a change.

Glock20 10mm
01-04-2013, 17:15
I am in the unique position of not being able to figure this out for a bit... we are transitioning from a once a month pay period to twice a week starting next month. So I won't know until my pay settles out how I got screwed by this administration and it's pathetic Congress and Senate.

PettyOfficer
01-04-2013, 17:22
Adding in brand new medical benefits costs for my wife and I, that I've never paid for before, + the 2% SS tax, I'm out $150 per paycheck, $300 a month!

rservin77
01-04-2013, 17:23
35 bucks a week

Jonesee
01-04-2013, 17:24
Adding in brand new medical benefits costs for my wife and I, that I've never paid for before, + the 2% SS tax, I'm out $150 per paycheck, $300 a month!

Were you expecting new medical benefits for free?

erick73
01-04-2013, 17:26
$25.28 less for me. (I get paid weekly)

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

GLWyandotte
01-04-2013, 18:27
$47 a week, and that's just for insurance.

michael e
01-04-2013, 18:31
Commision only, pay changes weekly. So luckly while I see how much they steal from me weekly I can't count on my pay check ever being the same.

The Fed
01-04-2013, 18:36
The 2% is not a tax increase, it's going back to what it always was. I got a whole 1.7% more but my heath insurance went up a little. I'm retired though.

HauntedAlabama
01-04-2013, 18:42
I usually work overtime but was off for two weeks around Christmas so I figured it would give me a good idea of how much I would out. Sure enough, I got cut about $28 more than I have been. All of the Obama voters at work today were crying the loudest about not having what they thought they would have in their pay too. That tells me they do not pay attention to anything because I have seen it all over the news this week.

Jack_Pine
01-04-2013, 18:52
Mine was about 30 or so light as well.

That plus whatever your company changed for contributions to HC.

Ruggles
01-04-2013, 19:03
My social security with holding went up about $220 per check (bi weekly) but a lot if not most of that is due to the year starting over for social security withholdings. Happens every year to me, they stop taking SS with holding when you reach amount X with held YTD and then when the year starts again the with holding shoots back up until you reach that amount again.

Not sure about the medical increase yet, but I am sure that is going to suck as well.

Ruggles
01-04-2013, 19:04
Dupe Post

Mrs.Cicero
01-04-2013, 19:06
Won't know til the 15th (that'll be for working 1/1-1/15). Not looking forward to the insurance hit, either.

Tx-SIG229
01-04-2013, 19:08
lost about $60 per month. couldn't make ends meet on state pay as it was.

cowboy1964
01-04-2013, 19:15
I look at the 2% SS reduction for the last two years as a rebate. Money that would have ordnarily been lost to SS and that I at least got to keep. Now it's back to the way it's been.

The economy a year from now is going to absolutely be sinking.

Restless28
01-04-2013, 19:15
Canary in the mine

RayB
01-04-2013, 19:18
And...

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

"Electric rates will necessarily skyrocket..."

--Ray

Glock20 10mm
01-04-2013, 19:32
And...

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

"Electric rates will necessarily skyrocket..."

--Ray

One reason I am glad I am off grid!

NEVRL8T
01-04-2013, 19:49
Got paid today and no change. :wow:

hooligan74
01-04-2013, 20:00
My social security with holding went up about $220 per check (bi weekly) but a lot if not most of that is due to the year starting over for social security withholdings. Happens every year to me, they stop taking SS with holding when you reach amount X with held YTD and then when the year starts again the with holding shoots back up until you reach that amount again.

Not sure about the medical increase yet, but I am sure that is going to suck as well.

Yeah, it was 4.2% and ~$110K, capped at ~$4600/yr. Now at 6.2% and ~$113K, it's capped at ~$7050/yr.

It's 2% more FICA being collected for everyone, no need to ask how much - it's 2%.

Fungunner
01-04-2013, 20:16
I haven't seen a new years check yet. Expect an increase in health care costs. Beyond that, lets see...

Gas is climbing again
Food prices are predicted to continue to rise
Medical devices will cost more because of Obamacare tax increases
Inflation will be reducing the value of my money

It's going to be an outstanding year

Ruggles
01-04-2013, 20:19
Yeah, it was 4.2% and ~$110K, capped at ~$4600/yr. Now at 6.2% and ~$113K, it's capped at ~$7050/yr.

It's 2% more FICA being collected for everyone, no need to ask how much - it's 2%.

Yeah I can feel Obama behind me as we speak :crying:

cgwahl
01-04-2013, 20:26
Get paid every other Friday. It was about $30 or $40 lighter today.

jdavionic
01-04-2013, 20:36
Haven't gotten my first of the year yet. Mine always takes a big hit since I go from no SS tax (max out) back to starting over and have to pay SS tax again until I reach the max for this year. And of course, now I get to "give" a little more.

Ruggles
01-04-2013, 20:39
Haven't gotten my first of the year yet. Mine always takes a big hit since I go from no SS tax (max out) back to starting over and have to pay SS tax again until I reach the max for this year. And of course, now I get to "give" a little more.

You and me both. Happens every year to me and yet every year it pisses me of when it happens :rofl:

Mrs.Cicero
01-04-2013, 20:47
You and me both. Happens every year to me and yet every year it pisses me of when it happens :rofl:

If you and jdavionic were glass half-full kind of guys, you could just enjoy the extra cash at Christmas time...
:tongueout:
I use it to lay in a stash of the seasonal wine that makes the January gov't theft less unpalatable...

Ruggles
01-04-2013, 21:54
If you and jdavionic were glass half-full kind of guys, you could just enjoy the extra cash at Christmas time...
:tongueout:
I use it to lay in a stash of the seasonal wine that makes the January gov't theft less unpalatable...

True, I guess I need to look at it that way :wavey:

WarCry
01-05-2013, 00:32
just got my first paycheck of 2k13, im down about $34 for a regular 80-hour check......

and i really can't wait til' next month when our benefits open-enrollment begins, that's when we find out how much our health insurance-premiums will get jacked up thanks to obamacare....

It's pretty damn funny, reading the headline, I KNEW this line was going to be in here.....

....even though, remarkably, the changes for the heathcare reform stuff are NOT in effect yet. The primary provision don't kick in until NEXT year.

Why does everyone act like their health insurance costs have NEVER, EVER changed until now? I don't know about the rest of you, but I haven't paid the same 2 years in a row for medical coverage since I starting getting benefits (somewhere around the late 90s, after I got out of the military).

Insurance rates go up. It happens every year. And one other thing that's been happening lately is that rates are changing VERY little, but employers are shifting a higher percentage to the employees, because it increases their profit margin.

Ask your employer to show you the complete benefit breakdown for last year and this year. See what the percentages are between what they're paying and what you're paying. I bet you see a change that's not in your favor.

Random
01-05-2013, 00:41

At least you guys are smart enough to expect/laugh about it. I've just decided to try getting a handle on my finances and start paying attention to the numbers. I compare paychecks month against month. I just saw my Jan. 2013 and it scared the crap out of me!! A 1/3rd of my check was deducted for taxes. I was afraid that was becoming the new standard. Glad to hear it'll taper off.

fnfalman
01-05-2013, 00:43
My first 2013 check showed a loss of $31/week. I need to look at the pay stub to see where the extra deduction came from.

Detectorist
01-05-2013, 01:18
The past few years we have had historic low income tax rates. Additionally, SS taxes were temporarily reduced.

It's time to pay the piper.

vettely
01-05-2013, 01:23
Barely January 5th 2013 and the camels nose is already in the tent.

Beretta92guy
01-05-2013, 05:31
It's pretty damn funny, reading the headline, I KNEW this line was going to be in here.....

....even though, remarkably, the changes for the heathcare reform stuff are NOT in effect yet. The primary provision don't kick in until NEXT year.

Why does everyone act like their health insurance costs have NEVER, EVER changed until now? I don't know about the rest of you, but I haven't paid the same 2 years in a row for medical coverage since I starting getting benefits (somewhere around the late 90s, after I got out of the military).

Insurance rates go up. It happens every year. And one other thing that's been happening lately is that rates are changing VERY little, but employers are shifting a higher percentage to the employees, because it increases their profit margin.

Ask your employer to show you the complete benefit breakdown for last year and this year. See what the percentages are between what they're paying and what you're paying. I bet you see a change that's not in your favor.

maybe because mine have not, we have had the same provider for over seven years now, and the only difference we have seen has been a change in deductibles...

The Fed
01-05-2013, 05:42
Wait until the U.S. adopts California's cap and trade program...

JMS
01-05-2013, 06:03
Everyone in the federal gov't got a pay raise.

Where did you come up with that lie?

JMS
01-05-2013, 06:08
The 2% is not a tax increase, it's going back to what it always was. I got a whole 1.7%.

Correct 100%

BuckyP
01-05-2013, 06:47

Not true. Obamacare taxes actually began in 2010 (note not all taxes are related to income). The ones that will will be most notable, by design, begin in 2013 as I understand it. This year will see a surtax on investment income (capital gains). So, the rate that some think is going from 15 to 20%, will actually be closer to 24%.

In addition, ther is an increase in the Medicare payroll tax.

Also as mentioned, the payroll tax increase will also effect your paycheck.

Jonesee
01-05-2013, 08:04
Not true. Obamacare taxes actually began in 2010 (note not all taxes are related to income). The ones that will will be most notable, by design, begin in 2013 as I understand it. This year will see a surtax on investment income (capital gains). So, the rate that some think is going from 15 to 20%, will actually be closer to 24%.

In addition, ther is an increase in the Medicare payroll tax.

Also as mentioned, the payroll tax increase will also effect your paycheck.

The increase is on medical devices. Are you a medical device manufacturer?

The cap gains tax has nothing to do with Obamacare.

There has been no payroll tax increase. Soc Sec deductions moved back to their historic levels before the change. (they did away with the 2% temporary reduction)

The medicare increase is .9% on earnings over $250,000 and only taxed once that earnings threshold is reached.

I don't think you understand the taxation on healthcare.

BuckyP
01-05-2013, 08:44
The increase is on medical devices. Are you a medical device manufacturer?

The cap gains tax has nothing to do with Obamacare.

There has been no payroll tax increase. Soc Sec deductions moved back to their historic levels before the change. (they did away with the 2% temporary reduction)

The medicare increase is .9% on earnings over $250,000 and only taxed once that earnings threshold is reached.

I don't think you understand the taxation on healthcare.

The increase on capital gains from 15 to 20, has nothing to do with Obamacare. The additional 3.8% on top of that does.

Thank you for pointing out the .9 was limited to 250K+ earners. You are correct, I do not "fully" understand this, but am trying and trying to do so without bias.

One thing I do understand is that my employer totally revamped its healthcare offerings specifically due to this bill. It's such a mess now, even the people that administer it couldn't answer questions in the three one-hour sessions I participated in. In the 14 years with this company, I was quite satisfied with the health care offerings. Now I am not. I heard frequently that if you like you current health care, you will get to keep it. This turned out not to be true in my case. So admittedly, it's a challenge to be without bias.

Jonesee
01-05-2013, 08:48
The increase on capital gains from 15 to 20, has nothing to do with Obamacare. The additional 3.8% on top of that does.

Thank you for pointing out the .9 was limited to 250K+ earners. You are correct, I do not "fully" understand this, but am trying and trying to do so without bias.

One thing I do understand is that my employer totally revamped its healthcare offerings specifically due to this bill. It's such a mess now, even the people that administer it couldn't answer questions in the three one-hour sessions I participated in. In the 14 years with this company, I was quite satisfied with the health care offerings. Now I am not. I heard frequently that if you like you current health care, you will get to keep it. This turned out not to be true in my case. So admittedly, it's a challenge to be without bias.

At this point, it is you employer making the changes. It is not related to the healthcare bill.

Rinspeed
01-05-2013, 08:52
Keep working hard folks, millions on welfare depend on YOU.

jakebrake
01-05-2013, 09:23
at this point, it looks like about 19 bucks a week. it's hard to pinpoint because our locals throw a bunch of one time taxes in. (52 a year for 911, etc...), and, i had too much to do to sit down and look how else the lovely .gov decided to **** me. but if i figured it out right, about 19 bucks a week.

MN-glock27
01-05-2013, 09:36
Down about $15 a paycheck (weekly).

ctfireman
01-05-2013, 09:39
$81 light (weekly pay). It really sucks.

BuckyP
01-05-2013, 09:46
At this point, it is you employer making the changes. It is not related to the healthcare bill.

True, however they would not have made these changes, if not realigning itself for the changes due to the healthcare bill.

WarCry
01-05-2013, 10:03
maybe because mine have not, we have had the same provider for over seven years now, and the only difference we have seen has been a change in deductibles...

You don't grasp how insurance works, do you? You say you've had no changes, but your deductibles have (presumably) gone up. What that means, in case you don't understand, is that you are paying more now for less coverage.

The actual dollar amount may not have changed, but have no doubt, you are paying more than you used to. That's the way health insurance has worked for decades.

For the record, if you want to know why I feel so confident speaking about this stuff, working for the 4th largest health insurance company in the nation for 6 years gives me a different perspective than those that only see their card and, maybe, an open enrollment book once a year. And, yes, even working for the insurance company, my rates show increases year after year, too.

WarCry
01-05-2013, 10:11
True, however they would not have made these changes, if not realigning itself for the changes due to the healthcare bill.

This is still not correct. In 2008 and 2009, WELL before the word "Obamacare" had ever been crafted, employers were trying to shrug off the burden of the healthcare for their employers. I can tell you that without doubt, because I'm the one that was fielding the calls when people were getting less benefits and being charged more because they - like most people, including the majority here - have no concept of how much control your employer has on your health coverage. What is covered, what isn't, that is NOT the insurance company making those choices.

If you get your insurance from your employer, you need to understand something - you DO NOT have an insurance plan of your own. You're not paying premiums based on yourself or even your family. Your EMPLOYER is the policy holder. THEY make the decisions on coverage, and they add employees under those plans. The insurance company charges the EMPLOYER for the plan. How the employer decides to break that down to their employees is completely and totally up to them.

In most cases, one of the services they pay the insurance company for is to NOT tell employees all of this. They pay the insurance company to handle the calls and NOT refer employees back to their boss. There have been times I was actually scolded by MY boss for telling an insurance member that their employer was responsible, because that employer was paying us to take the heat for them.

But, hey, what do I know, right?

rohanreginald
01-05-2013, 10:29
Correct 100%

Now thats drinking the cool aid.

Taxes were lowered = tax cut

Taxes were then raised = tax increase

It doesnt matter what previous tax rates were. When taxes go up that is an increase in taxes. Keeping drinking the coolaid.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

series1811
01-05-2013, 10:32
What else changed in your check? Please take a look again and tell us.

The IRS has not issued any new tax tables so your payroll department shouldn't have made a change.

It's Obamacare. I got a notice, too, saying my health insurance was going up.

Thanks, Obama voters.

FLIPPER 348
01-05-2013, 10:41
You don't grasp how insurance works, do you?

Not many here do, nor do they know why their paychecks went down after the 1st.

My health insurance costs have been going up 15%-20% a year for the past 6 years or so as have everyone else's, long before 'Obamacare' was an issue.

Jonesee
01-05-2013, 10:49

Why is that?
There is no mandate or reason to change healthcare now.

What may be driving them is using Obamacare as an excuse to pass on their costs to the employees a bit earlier and put a little more profit in the bank. From a previous post you had it sounds like they revamped your healthcare insurance this year. Again, that is your employer doing that.

I am not supporting Obamacare. I am just seperating fact from fiction.

cowboywannabe
01-05-2013, 10:59
these increases are not a result of a free market adjusting its prices, they are a direct result of the federal government raising taxes.

insurance rates did not go up because of insurance, they went up because of the taxes on them.

WarCry
01-05-2013, 11:00
I am not supporting Obamacare. I am just separating fact from fiction.

It doesn't really matter. I've been posting like this basically since ACA was passed, and the only thing that will happen is 1) you'll be ignored, or 2) if you're not ignored, you'll start being called a liberal, socialist, communist, whatever the flavor of the day is.

But it is nice to see that there are still a few other rational, thinking members on the board when it comes to this stuff.

Jonesee
01-05-2013, 11:10
these increases are not a result of a free market adjusting its prices, they are a direct result of the federal government raising taxes.

insurance rates did not go up because of insurance, they went up because of the taxes on them.

Cite your source.

SGT HATRED
01-05-2013, 11:14
I'm down $20.08 for an 80hr check. Thanks obama!

BuckyP
01-05-2013, 13:23
This is still not correct. In 2008 and 2009, WELL before the word "Obamacare" had ever been crafted, employers were trying to shrug off the burden of the healthcare for their employers. I can tell you that without doubt, because I'm the one that was fielding the calls when people were getting less benefits and being charged more because they - like most people, including the majority here - have no concept of how much control your employer has on your health coverage. What is covered, what isn't, that is NOT the insurance company making those choices.

If you get your insurance from your employer, you need to understand something - you DO NOT have an insurance plan of your own. You're not paying premiums based on yourself or even your family. Your EMPLOYER is the policy holder. THEY make the decisions on coverage, and they add employees under those plans. The insurance company charges the EMPLOYER for the plan. How the employer decides to break that down to their employees is completely and totally up to them.

In most cases, one of the services they pay the insurance company for is to NOT tell employees all of this. They pay the insurance company to handle the calls and NOT refer employees back to their boss. There have been times I was actually scolded by MY boss for telling an insurance member that their employer was responsible, because that employer was paying us to take the heat for them.

But, hey, what do I know, right?

You are making a lot of assumptions, being (I assume) you don't know who I work for. That being said, I'm trying to understand this, really understand. All i really know is the new policy we have sucks, and they are successfully blaming the new law, as you can see.

The new law should have mandated that all blame be put on GWB. ;)

Jonesee
01-05-2013, 13:27
It's Obamacare. I got a notice, too, saying my health insurance was going up.

Thanks, Obama voters.

Let me understand this clearly.
You are saying you received a notice that stated your healthcare costs were increased this year due to Obamacare?

Prove it.

FLIPPER 348
01-05-2013, 13:28
I'm down $20.08 for an 80hr check. Thanks obama!

How in any way is it the President's fault your check went down??

Jonesee
01-05-2013, 13:31
Dup post

Glock Enthusiast
01-05-2013, 14:30
Why was the tax increased on hours worked before the reduction expired?

ETA:

Mine changed by 50 something every bi weekly check or just over $100 monthly.

Beretta92guy
01-05-2013, 14:37
You don't grasp how insurance works, do you? You say you've had no changes, but your deductibles have (presumably) gone up. What that means, in case you don't understand, is that you are paying more now for less coverage.

The actual dollar amount may not have changed, but have no doubt, you are paying more than you used to. That's the way health insurance has worked for decades.

For the record, if you want to know why I feel so confident speaking about this stuff, working for the 4th largest health insurance company in the nation for 6 years gives me a different perspective than those that only see their card and, maybe, an open enrollment book once a year. And, yes, even working for the insurance company, my rates show increases year after year, too.

maybe you don't understand.....

the BOTTOM LINE for ME, is how much money i take home every two weeks.....are you with me so far????

my insurance premiums have not changed in the past several years.......deductible changes do not affect me unless i have to use my insurance for something...what DOES affect me is how much of my net take home pay is reduced by higher insurance and taxes......

vettely
01-05-2013, 14:42
Where did you come up with that lie?

Last Friday Barack Obama caused quite a stir with his executive order that ended the freeze on wages for Congress and federal workers, giving them what amounted to an $11 billion pay raise. Among those getting more green was Vice President Joe Biden.
On Tuesday evening, the U.S. House of Representatives approved legislation that blocked the pay raise. The Hill reports,
The House approved legislation on Tuesday that would block a pay increase for federal workers and members of Congress scheduled to take place in March.
Members voted 287-129 in favor of the bill from Rep. Mike Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.). Just two Republicans opposed the legislation, and 55 Democrats supported it.

Republicans brought the bill up under a suspension of the rules in order to allow for quicker consideration, although that move also required a two-thirds majority vote.
The bill is a response to an executive order last Friday from President Obama that would end the two-year federal worker pay freeze, and increase congressional pay by about $1,000 for each member of the House and Senate.

Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/01/the-obama-executive-order-the-house-overwhelmingly-overturned/#ixzz2H8iOI9cx

FLIPPER 348
01-05-2013, 14:42
Why was the tax increased on hours worked before the reduction expired?

ETA:

Mine changed by 50 something every bi weekly check or just over $100 monthly.

No taxes were raised. A tax reduction expiered.

Glock Enthusiast
01-05-2013, 15:08

Hence the use of the word "increased" and the statement of "reduction expired."

Still interested in why it was increased on hours I worked in a pay period prior to it expiring.

Detectorist
01-05-2013, 16:28
There are some expensive provisions (for insurance companies) in the Obamacare package which were mandated starting September, 2010. So how can anyone say that it had no influence on raising insurance rates?

Also, yes, SS tax is back to where it should be. It was a terrible idea from the start to screw with it.

JMS
01-05-2013, 16:31
Last Friday Barack Obama caused quite a stir with his executive order that ended the freeze on wages for Congress and federal workers, giving them what amounted to an $11 billion pay raise. Among those getting more green was Vice President Joe Biden.
On Tuesday evening, the U.S. House of Representatives approved legislation that blocked the pay raise. The Hill reports,
The House approved legislation on Tuesday that would block a pay increase for federal workers and members of Congress scheduled to take place in March.
Members voted 287-129 in favor of the bill from Rep. Mike Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.). Just two Republicans opposed the legislation, and 55 Democrats supported it.

Republicans brought the bill up under a suspension of the rules in order to allow for quicker consideration, although that move also required a two-thirds majority vote.
The bill is a response to an executive order last Friday from President Obama that would end the two-year federal worker pay freeze, and increase congressional pay by about $1,000 for each member of the House and Senate.

Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/01/the-obama-executive-order-the-house-overwhelmingly-overturned/#ixzz2H8iOI9cx

So my pay is still frozen in addition to getting a 2% cut like everyone else, so there was no raise. In March the most we were expecting was 1/2 of 1%. Congress would rather give up federal workers as sacrificial lambs than taking on bigger issues such as medicare, social security, 'defense', etc. Everyone in Congress needs to be voted out, 12% approval rating and they could care less.:steamed: F them all.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/reese.asp

They'd rather we fight back and forth among ourselves, Democrat vs. Republic than band together and question why they are failing us.

Rick C
01-05-2013, 16:41

The F'ing reduction expired folks!

Why is this a surprise and causes multiple pages of griping over something that was inevitable?

Did you pay any attention before you lost/gained (2008) the money? :rofl:

Roger1079
01-05-2013, 16:50
My check was $22 lighter this week. Can't wait for the rest of the "change" to roll on in. :steamed:

WarCry
01-05-2013, 19:14
You are making a lot of assumptions, being (I assume) you don't know who I work for. That being said, I'm trying to understand this, really understand. All i really know is the new policy we have sucks, and they are successfully blaming the new law, as you can see.

The only way that can happen successfully is if YOU let them. If you're happy taking whatever line your employer feeds you without ever questioning or asking that they "show you the math", then that's on you, and you'll continue to buy whatever line you're fed.

If you TRULY want to understand, then ask. Not me, not anyone else here. Ask your boss, your HR rep, or whatever equivalent you have.

maybe you don't understand.....

the BOTTOM LINE for ME

No, see, I understand this completely. It's all about what YOU perceive, and you won't allow anything like pesky facts to get in your way.

deductible changes do not affect me unless i have to use my insurance for something...what DOES affect me is how much of my net take home pay is reduced by higher insurance and taxes......

And what will happen - I know, because I've dealt with the calls for YEARS - is when you get a hospital bill and have to pay WAY more than you thought, you'll be on here posting threads about how the evil insurance company is screwing you over.

But, hey, whatever helps ya sleep at night.

bocephus549
01-05-2013, 20:04
I'm long in the the company that produces KY. We're all getting screwed this year! BOHICA!!!!!!

inthefrey
01-05-2013, 20:09
Well, I got a raise just before the new year - about $80 per paycheck.(80 hrs.)
We just went with a new company for insurance (TriNet).

It looks to be about a wash but I probably am Down $20-40 a paycheck.

iflyem1
01-05-2013, 20:39
My bi-weekly pay went up about $14 per check. Everyone in the federal gov't got a pay raise, they claim its to keep us on track with the civilian sector, but if civilian pay is going down...hmm

Not Everyone in the Federal Govt. got a pay raise. I think only military did. I know I sure didnt. My 2 week check was $90 less thant a pay period ago!

M&P Shooter
01-05-2013, 20:43
Take your money and your guns then I guess we will be hauled off to concentration camps:crying:

gators096
01-05-2013, 21:23
Wait until the obamacare kicks in full effect in 14, these idiots who voted for him for the "free" stuff to include health care have no idea that they will have to either buy a plan or be fined. The fine will come when the IRS keeps their refund for not buying a plan. Now I know your thinking if these dims not work how are they getting a refund...they do and dependant upon how many times they have made more of their type (aka kids) just helps them get MO MONEY. SO when they don't get that check cuz they have not bought their health care I think they will riot in the streets.....at least they get to keep their phone http://youtu.be/Ax-2i71bqGw

stevelyn
01-05-2013, 21:54

Yeah, my pay raise goes to the SS bump rather than my pocket. :steamed:

WarCry
01-05-2013, 22:11
Wait until the obamacare kicks in full effect in 14, these idiots who voted for him for the "free" stuff to include health care

The reform bill has nothing to do with getting anything for free. It says either employers have to provide insurance (at whatever portion they feel the employee should pay) or people have to BUY insurance of their own.

I don't care if you hate the ACA plan, I don't care if you think it's the most abominable thing that's ever come out of Washington. I'm not trying to change your mind and make you embrace the law. But for God's sake, at least try to educate yourselves on what it is you're hating/debating/decrying.
*Note: This last paragraph is not specifically targeted at gators; this is intended for anyone that wants to ***** about the healthcare reform law. Complain all you want, but please KNOW what you're complaining about.

High Altitude
01-06-2013, 00:22
He never said the bill had anything to do with getting free stuff only that the people who where expecting free stuff to include health care are going to be surprised.

The reform bill has nothing to do with getting anything for free. It says either employers have to provide insurance (at whatever portion they feel the employee should pay) or people have to BUY insurance of their own.

I don't care if you hate the ACA plan, I don't care if you think it's the most abominable thing that's ever come out of Washington. I'm not trying to change your mind and make you embrace the law. But for God's sake, at least try to educate yourselves on what it is you're hating/debating/decrying.
*Note: This last paragraph is not specifically targeted at gators; this is intended for anyone that wants to ***** about the healthcare reform law. Complain all you want, but please KNOW what you're complaining about.

WarCry
01-06-2013, 00:26
He never said the bill had anything to do with getting free stuff only that the people who where expecting free stuff to include health care are going to be surprised.

Yup, I misread that. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

G29Reload
01-06-2013, 00:35
but the good news is that people who are sucking on the government-tit (a.k.a welfare, food stamps, ssi) will see a nice increase in their income this year.......

Actually the decrease in your net was most likely all the restoration of the SS tax to 6.2% from 4.2.

They had lowered it as economic relief during the recession. Recession still isnt really over, but it was time to move it back.

Its actually a good thing: The SS tax is one thing that everyone has to pay. The bottom 47%, which pay net-zero/nada-nothing, at least paid in SS when they went to their shift at whatever pathetic job they had.

Meanwhile, SS continues to pay out whatever it pays out, and what it doesn't get from withholding gets made up by money from the general fund, essentially taxes on the only people who really pay them, the other 53%. Meaning if the bottom feeders don't pay in something, they're subsidized by the actual taxpayers on their eventual SS benefits.

At least when everyone got pushed back up to 6.2%, the welfare crew that gets money funneled back in ATDC and other frauds like EITC actually have some money contributed and are actually paying something into the system.

Not much of a door prize, I know, but it was really letting the freeloaders even more off the hook.

Jonesee
01-06-2013, 12:37
What I find hillarious about this thread is if anyone had asked all you guys to post your paycheck there would have been a firestorm.
Yet:

Everyone that has posted their reduction has in effect posted their pay. All it takes is the simplest algebra ever...

brisk21
01-06-2013, 20:05
My bi-weekly insurance premium went from $38 to $150. I work for the Michigan Dept. of Corrections. That is just a paycut with a different mask.

paynter2
01-06-2013, 20:49
I read this on Al Azeera. They have some pretty good news coverage - unlike most American outlets...

Anyway - I thought it was interesting.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/6/obama-supporters-shocked-angry-new-tax-increases/

Calico Jack
01-06-2013, 21:45

Oh good grief. Get a ******* dictionary and tell me the definition of the word increase. Asinine... look that one up while you're at it.

WarCry
01-06-2013, 21:51
Oh good grief. Get a ******* dictionary and tell me the definition of the word increase. Asinine... look that one up while you're at it.

If you work 20 hours of overtime in every pay period and get used to that for 3, 4, 5 months, when the overtime stops, did you just receive a pay cut?

Calico Jack
01-06-2013, 22:50
If you work 20 hours of overtime in every pay period and get used to that for 3, 4, 5 months, when the overtime stops, did you just receive a pay cut?

It increased when you started receiving overtime. It decreased once you quit working OT. What's your point?

WarCry
01-06-2013, 23:11
It increased when you started receiving overtime. It decreased once you quit working OT. What's your point?

That's where you're wrong. You were taking home more money with overtime, but you did NOT have a pay increase. Therefore, when the overtime ended, you did NOT suffer any pay decrease.

The SSI tax reduction, when it was passed by Congress, was temporary (like the overtime). It has ended and pay went back to normal (Like when the overtime ended).

Show me, if you would please, where all the threads were two years ago with the jumping up and down because "my paycheck went UP by $25 dollars this week! WOOHOO!!!!"

If you take a temporary change as the "new normal", whatever the subject, then you're intentionally deluding yourself.

High Altitude
01-06-2013, 23:19
Taxes went up, it was a tax increase.

Doesn't matter if it was temporary or not.

When it went down, it was a tax decrease.

Doesn't matter if it was temporary or not.

NEOH212
01-06-2013, 23:28

Until they decide to add more which I'm sure won't be to far off.

NEOH212
01-06-2013, 23:30
Always more taxes without them making one dam cut.

This crap is getting old.

High Altitude
01-06-2013, 23:32
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/6/obama-supporters-shocked-angry-new-tax-increases/

Calico Jack
01-07-2013, 07:16
That's where you're wrong. You were taking home more money with overtime, but you did NOT have a pay increase. Therefore, when the overtime ended, you did NOT suffer any pay decrease.

The SSI tax reduction, when it was passed by Congress, was temporary (like the overtime). It has ended and pay went back to normal (Like when the overtime ended).

Show me, if you would please, where all the threads were two years ago with the jumping up and down because "my paycheck went UP by $25 dollars this week! WOOHOO!!!!"

If you take a temporary change as the "new normal", whatever the subject, then you're intentionally deluding yourself.

Haha. Do I need to get hand puppets so that you may better understand this topic?

OT means more take home pay... Which means you increased the amount of money you receive in a paycheck. When you quit working OT you take home less pay... Which means you decreased the amount of money you receive in a paycheck.

Understand...?

WarCry
01-07-2013, 10:20
Haha. Do I need to get hand puppets so that you may better understand this topic?

OT means more take home pay... Which means you increased the amount of money you receive in a paycheck. When you quit working OT you take home less pay... Which means you decreased the amount of money you receive in a paycheck.

Understand...?

Of course I understand. But do YOU grasp that you would be wrong if you said you got a pay cut?

JMS
01-07-2013, 10:25
It was not a tax cut, it was a temporary decrease, most of us knew it would be increasing before we received our most recent paycheck. It should have never been decreased in the first place, but I'll leave that to a different thread.

ChiTownPicaro
01-28-2013, 02:31

thanks obama for all that "hope and change".........the motto should be "hope and change for people who are too fat, lazy and pathetic to go out and work for a living while people like me pay for it".........

enjoy your steak, chicken, pot roast, chips, soda, candy, pastries and juice on your EBT food-stamp card while my shopping cart is filled with spam, baloney and hot dogs......

just had to vent

edit: forgot to add "worthless" to the fat, lazy and pathetic part...

What source do you have that supports your statement that the freeloaders are getting more money? I don't believe they are giving out an increase in these programs. Do you have a source to support your statement? And you forgot to mention the parasites on Medicare and Medicaid. That is the largest waste of tax dollars in my opinion. Same with Social Security.

cowboy1964
01-28-2013, 06:11
And you forgot to mention the parasites on Medicare and Medicaid. That is the largest waste of tax dollars in my opinion. Same with Social Security.

Um, I pay into Medicare and SS. Damn right I want something back. But as it is I'll never get back what I put into it.

series1811
01-29-2013, 08:37
Um, I pay into Medicare and SS. Damn right I want something back. But as it is I'll never get back what I put into it.

We'll get it back, just in extremely inflated dollars.

It's obvious that monetizing the debt, and future entitlement obligations, is the only plan being implemented at present, or likely to be used in the future.

We'll get what we were promised in pre-inflation dollars. And, be lucky if it will buy a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk during our retirement.

Convince me I'm wrong. It would make me happy.

devildog2067
01-29-2013, 08:40
Convince me I'm wrong. It would make me happy.

You're not wrong. There is no one with the political will to do anything else.

mike from st pe
01-29-2013, 18:03
I haven't had a pay check since July 2012.