Detroiter Claims 911 Call Of Stolen Van With Gun Was Ignored [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Detroiter Claims 911 Call Of Stolen Van With Gun Was Ignored

TBO
01-05-2013, 13:46
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/01/05/detroiter-claims-911-call-of-stolen-van-with-gun-was-ignored/

RussP
01-05-2013, 14:05
Sorry, but, "...only one gun in the vehicle, ma'am?"

"Yes, just one."

"We're investigating 5 murders, five guns...one more...meh."

xmanhockey7
01-05-2013, 14:39
Exactly the reason I do not keep a gun in my vehicle. Only time I will is if I go somewhere I can't carry and even then it's locked up.

steveksux
01-05-2013, 14:41
Its a stolen car, at the heart of it all. They're looking for it, BOLO issued.

Is there something they need to stop by her house for? Some information she can't give them over the phone?

Sorry to be so callous. They are short staffed, and more than have their hands full. They don't have time to hold hands, unfortunately.

She shouldn't have left it in the car if she was so worried about bad guys getting it. What does she think, they don't break into cars and steal stuff in Detroit? They don't steal cars?

Randy

Moravia
01-06-2013, 03:18
"What if a child gets this in his hand? Iím responsible, and I just canít have that on my conscience,Ē

She should have been more concerned about the situation before her vehicle was stolen. She doesn't care about someone getting hurt, she cares about being charged with a crime. Don't know if Detroit has laws on the book that make it illegal to keep a handgun in an unattended vehicle. Regardless she shouldn't have left it there.

steveksux
01-06-2013, 11:10
It should be pointed out that she deserves a pass IF she were forced to disarm due to her going into a Pistol Free Zone. Say if she parked in the apartment lot to go to church, or a bar.

Car safe wouldn't have made a difference with the whole car stolen, none are sufficient to deny entry given all the time in the world, they can only deter a smash and grab type burglary.

I made the mistake of assuming she lives at that apartment building, or was visiting someone there, and there was no good reason to leave the pistol in the car.

Randy

TBO
01-06-2013, 11:37
The little voice of experience in me can't help but whisper she was just trying to move her case priority up.
She wanted the Police to drop everything and get "her" property back, now.

Sent from the capacitor of my Taser.

steveksux
01-06-2013, 19:35
The little voice of experience in me can't help but whisper she was just trying to move her case priority up.
She wanted the Police to drop everything and get "her" property back, now.

Sent from the capacitor of my Taser.Hey, man, no need to give it away.

We would have gotten it.... eventually... :whistling:

Randy