Just installed Trijicon HD night sights and what a difference. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just installed Trijicon HD night sights and what a difference.

conpro
01-09-2013, 18:52
I just installed these sights on my G19 and what a world of difference, faster target aquisition and look very nice and are made of steel not the glock plastic. Nice upgrade.

freezetime
01-09-2013, 19:50
Im ordering these for my 19 very soon. :D

GruGrux515
01-09-2013, 20:05
So they really do allow you to get a sight picture a lot faster? I was contemplating asking for sights for my birthday but I'm really set in adding a new glock to the family

tango44
01-09-2013, 21:03
Wonder how these will perform on my G26??

Glock Junkie
01-09-2013, 23:34
They are nice sites but expensive.

conpro
01-10-2013, 06:16
wonder how these will perform on my g26??

they work very well on the 26,

conpro
01-10-2013, 06:18
They are a little pricey but there well worth it, i never buy junk for any of my guns, you may need it someday to protect your life and you dont want anything failing while doing so.

bbakerG26
01-10-2013, 06:31
I put the orange ones on my carry G26 and absolutely love them!!! I also like how the rear sight is flat on the front so you can place it against an object and rack the slide if need be for one reason or another... I would love to put them on my bedside G17 but do not think they will clear an AAC TiRant 9 can?

TBAG
01-10-2013, 07:24
I've got some on my G26 and am very pleased.

venenoindy
01-10-2013, 09:36
They are worth every penny.

lesgeaux
01-11-2013, 09:54
I put these Ameriglo on my G22. Ampules are Green and with the front sight surrounded by the orange circle, it instantly draws your attention to the front sight in light and low light conditions, full dark the green Triljicon show up.

clarkstoncz
01-11-2013, 14:56
Anyone have the Aero tek sights?

Just_Me
01-11-2013, 15:33
I put the orange ones on my carry G26 and absolutely love them!!! I also like how the rear sight is flat on the front so you can place it against an object and rack the slide if need be for one reason or another... I would love to put them on my bedside G17 but do not think they will clear an AAC TiRant 9 can?

I love these sights. With both eyes open you will be able to use these sights with a can.

Magus
01-11-2013, 16:08
A friend of mine has them on his G30 and they are quite impressive how quickly you can get on target.

They are pricey, but they are indeed quite nice.

Congrats on yours.

packinaglock
01-11-2013, 16:18
I've got them on my G19, 27, 23, I'm hooked.

RustyL
01-11-2013, 16:44
I put these very sights on my 26. They are nice. However, I'm a noob to handguns, I should have kept the factory sights longer just to get used to the gun.
My only issues with these sight are that I wear glasses, bi-focals to be exact and I have to sight in with my head slightly turned upward because of the distance and bi-focal lense part on bottom of the glass. Now I'm trying to learn to shoot without glasses and both eyes open, this seems to help some. Still experimenting..:dunno:

GLJones
01-11-2013, 18:41
I put these on my G36 last weekend. Now all my Glocks have them. Like a nightlight on my nightstand at night. (how many times can I use "night")

philpac33
01-11-2013, 19:19
These Trijicon HDs are legit. Most people seem to be drawn in by the front sights, with the bright orange or yellow(I use yellow) photoluminescence surrounding the tritium vial. What I like best is the rear- wide U-shaped notch, serrated & angled slightly rearward to prevent glare, an excellent "ledge" for emergency one-handed slide manipulation, and my absolute favorite feature of the rear sight- the tritium vials are set into the steel WITHOUT the white rings around them. It's almost like having a plain black rear(which I strongly prefer) in the light, the tritium is barely noticeable while shooting. I guess some people may still prefer a 3-dot set up but IMO a plain rear makes for faster front sight acquisition. The wide U notch makes them even faster. There are some good pics if you do a google image search but I suggest getting behind a set mounted on a pistol and see for yourself. Currently my favorite sights, period.

Gloctoberfest
01-11-2013, 21:00
So what is the bare minimum in tools you would need to do this installation yourself? Is everyone who goes DIY buying the armorers tools or are you using something else? Having a shop do it for you? Bueller? :dunno:

E the B
01-12-2013, 07:07
They are nice sites but expensive.

Quality remains long after price is forgotten.

I have three sets of HD's, and I'm aiming to add them to my HK P2000SK.

Awesome personal defense sights.

Andy W
01-15-2013, 12:04
So they really do allow you to get a sight picture a lot faster? I was contemplating asking for sights for my birthday but I'm really set in adding a new glock to the family

I always do this too but unless you really hate the one you have, you are better off getting a good set of sights for your current favorite Glock (or other) and a case of ammo. Save whatever money is left over or maybe put it towards a class. After all, proper practice and training is what makes us better shooters, not continually buying guns; as much fun as that is.