New CCW laws coming too?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New CCW laws coming too??

BBauer927
01-10-2013, 06:37
Hey guys amidst this crazy gun banning bull**** do you think there will be any changes to the CCW laws. Because I'm bout a week away from getting my license here in FL. And I've heard crazy stuff out there bout what might happen. I know most of it is likely BS, but I don't want to waste my time and money on the class if they ban CCW. or just as bad ban every single friggin gun I would like to EDC. End up having to walk around with an old school 6 shooter

Thanks Guys for your help

The Fed
01-10-2013, 07:07
Six-shooters are still semi-auto unless you're talking about single-action ones. And even with those I think you can fan them, so a smart anti-gunner (if there is one) might figure that out. You will always have muzzle-loaders, and the best part is you don't need to register them! You can be like a swashbuckling pirate - wearing a wide belt with a few of them tucked in, ghetto style. I can see it now - holster manufacturers making custom holsters for them. Also, the manufacturers will start producing multi-barreled cap and ball pocket pistols. I figure 2 barrels (side-by-side). So don't sweat getting your permit - there will always be something you will be able to carry. Besides, it's Florida where your permit allows the concealed carrying of other weapons.

IndyGunFreak
01-10-2013, 07:14
CCW Laws, per se? No. CCW is a state issue, so if "CCW is banned" it will be because the State of Florida (in your case) chose to do so.

Now, could different Fed restrictions restrict HOW we CCW? (ie, wheel guns, mag capacity limits, etc..)... Of course.

This is why CCW needs to be a state issue, not a Fed issue.

IGF

RussP
01-10-2013, 07:53
CCW Laws, per se? No. CCW is a state issue, so if "CCW is banned" it will be because the State of Florida (in your case) chose to do so.

Now, could different Fed restrictions restrict HOW we CCW? (ie, wheel guns, mag capacity limits, etc..)... Of course.

IGFWhat is happening now at the Fed level is exactly why a Federally mandated carry permit/license/anything was, is, will always be a horrifically bad idea.

The only changes I foresee involve mental health, proving you indeed are and have always been a person of sound mind.

snubfan
01-10-2013, 08:07

IGF
This point can't be stressed enough. Everything the feds touch turns to ****. Why would we want them anywhere near CCW?!

Dreamchaser
01-10-2013, 08:26
Guess I should start looking for a good CCW holster for this......

http://i46.tinypic.com/55l252.jpg

HexHead
01-10-2013, 08:34
What is happening now at the Fed level is exactly why a Federally mandated carry permit/license/anything was, is, will always be a horrifically bad idea.

The National Carry Reciprocity act was none of those things. It just provided that all states would accept each others carry permits, as long as they offered one too, just like they do with drivers licenses.

Some of you guys are as bad as anti-gun liberals with the fantastic scenarios they dream up whenever a gun law gets loosened.

BBauer927
01-10-2013, 10:43
Thanks everyone for your input. Going to get my Concealed as planned next week

Spiffums
01-10-2013, 11:37
Guess I should start looking for a good CCW holster for this......

http://i46.tinypic.com/55l252.jpg

Double Vertical Shoulder Holsters like that on TV show where the man lobbied for everyone in the city to be able to carry a gun. Prop G I think was the name of the movie or the bill one. I just remember the young dude with double wheelies and the bad guys looking to rob a store and see everyone with a shotgun either slung or in the shopping cart....that was sooo long ago.

SCmasterblaster
01-10-2013, 13:01
The National Carry Reciprocity act was none of those things. It just provided that all states would accept each others carry permits, as long as they offered one too, just like they do with drivers licenses.

Some of you guys are as bad as anti-gun liberals with the fantastic scenarios they dream up whenever a gun law gets loosened.

No one ever accused me of being an anti-gun liberal.