9mm ammo available [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 9mm ammo available

Actionmonkey
01-10-2013, 10:43
Hey just just sharing some info. I haven't been able to find any 9mm ammo anywhere close to me but got lucky yesterday and found some online at luckygunners.com according to their live stock they still have more. I picked up 3,000 rounds last night and are ready to be shipped now.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

CourtCop
01-10-2013, 11:02
Appreciate the heads up, but those prices are double what they should be. I have enough for now and will wait to see if the hysteria dies down.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Actionmonkey
01-10-2013, 11:16
Already noticed what I purchased isn't available anymore. I was able to get 3,000 rounds for $800 which I don't think is too far off the regular price.

BigAlE
01-10-2013, 13:26
30 cents a round for tul ammo. Anyone know how fast tul is pumped out and imported?

Reswob
01-10-2013, 14:26
$0.43/rd for Federal AE? Luckygunner can go **** themselves.

Alizard
01-10-2013, 15:43
30 cents a round for tul ammo. Anyone know how fast tul is pumped out and imported?If that is the same steel case russian junk ammo it was before, it's not going in any gun I own.

nipperwolf
01-10-2013, 16:01
Stopped by walmart on the way home. They had 11 boxes of federal on the shelf. I bought 5. He said 2 cases came in yesterday, and the other one was in the back. Things might be slowing down. ;) It do go up $1 to 13.97.

03scgt
01-10-2013, 16:42
I bought 300 rounds of 9mm and 300 rounds of .40 today along some assorted slugs for the 12 gauge.All of it was pretty much normal price and from Walmart

The only stuff really hard to get is .223

SJ 40
01-10-2013, 17:01
Stopped by walmart on the way home. They had 11 boxes of federal on the shelf. I bought 5. He said 2 cases came in yesterday, and the other one was in the back. Things might be slowing down. ;) It do go up $1 to 13.97.Stopped in my local Wally World,prices had increased the price 2.00 per box .
What surprised me was the had a half dozen boxes of WWB in 357 Sig. SJ 40

03scgt
01-10-2013, 17:05
Both my local walmarts also had several boxes of it.figured that would be gone,might be time to get a 31 lol

LibertyPatriot
01-10-2013, 17:18
Watched a guy at Walmart yesterday buy 19 boxes of the $13.97 Federal. I asked the clerk if they had a daily limit and he said no. He left 3 boxes of Remington green/white for $14.27 on the shelf for someone else. How nice of him. Wish I had some cash...

kodiakpb
01-10-2013, 17:30
I might have to pay a visit to Walmart now. We have been bare.

BigAlE
01-10-2013, 18:01
If that is the same steel case russian junk ammo it was before, it's not going in any gun I own.

Lol get a load of this guy. I run it no problems on my Glock and will continue to use the cheapest stuff for target practice.

Alizard
01-10-2013, 18:20
Lol get a load of this guy. I run it no problems on my Glock and will continue to use the cheapest stuff for target practice. That's fine, it's your gun. If you don't know what steel case ammo does to extractors, not my worries.

I've posted, in passing, about my issues with S&B steel cased ammo. The steel case never reliably extracted from my compact. Spent cases would expand so much they stuck in the chamber. I needed pliers to gently coax the case loose. They were slightly too tight for fingernails. I finally gave up and shelved the last few boxes.

This week, I found a box of 50 at the bottom of my range bag. I had fired 100rds of Winchester WB. I loaded three mags of S&B. I got off about 5 rounds before my first FTE. Then two more, then zero extraction.

I unloaded the remaining rounds, and reloaded WWB. Now, that won't extract. I'm afraid my extractor is totally buggered!

I asked Wolf about something related to this this by email some time ago. They told me their bimetal/copper washed jackets and laquered steel cases will accelerate chamber and bbl wear, even in chrome lined bbls and chambers, compared to brass cases and copper jackets.

I believe the Wolf ammo may be hard on extractors, I mean it's hard to ignore the experiences coming in from guys like John Farnham, who see a lot more rounds fired than most of us.

And that lacquer coating is great too.

Lacquer Coated Ammo
If you plan on using lacquer-coated ammo in your Olympic Arms AR-15, please be aware of the following. We have received many recent phone calls, as well as some rifles sent in for repair, complaining about reliability problems in their Oly Arms AR's. The first question usually asked is, "What ammunition are you using?" The answers to the question, as well as seeing the chambers of the rifles that were sent in are showing us that lacquer coated ammo is clogging the chambers badly.

What we are seeing is that once the chamber in the rifles gets hot, it is melting the lacquer off of the casings, and leaving a gelatinous goo in your chamber. Under continuous fire, this is usually not noticed, but once you stop, the barrel cools, the lacquer sets and you now cannot chamber and/or properly extract your ammunition.

mj9mm
01-10-2013, 18:29
whatever... i've used tulammo for years in my handguns with zero problems and no dirtier than any other fmj i've tried.

Alizard
01-10-2013, 18:31
Your gun.

03scgt
01-10-2013, 19:33
My 27 eats Tul at the range like a crack head smoking his pipe,quick fast and without a second thought

Same thing with my 17 and 23.At 12$ a box of 50 .40 I'll keep shooting it and cleaning my gun After

It's a glock not a 1911,pretty sure they would shoot rocks If you loaded em

GSSF17
01-10-2013, 21:01
My 27 eats Tul at the range like a crack head smoking his pipe,quick fast and without a second thought

Same thing with my 17 and 23.At 12$ a box of 50 .40 I'll keep shooting it and cleaning my gun After

It's a glock not a 1911,pretty sure they would shoot rocks If you loaded em

Yes, yes, and yes......and no sweat with steel case through a 1911, either, buddy. I will shoot the Tul through my Kimber Custom Target II in 9mm, as I have for years. Oh, and flawlessly.

Lotta hate for steel case around these parts. By a select few, I have found. Whatever.

I appreciate insight and opinions, though. :supergrin:

TxGlock9
01-11-2013, 00:23
That's fine, it's your gun. If you don't know what steel case ammo does to extractors, not my worries.

And that lacquer coating is great too.

I don't use russian ammo for different reasons. The point of impact of those bullets are drastically different from quality ammo such as S&B or Speer Lawman. Also they are barely packed with any gunpowder negating any recoil impulse you'd feel similar to any self-defense ammo such as, Speer Gold Dot. I like to shoot practice rounds that will closely mimic self defense rounds. ie: 124gr lawmans, nato, etc...

Tula:
1. point of impact drastically different(lets just say inaccurate)
2. recoil impulse is poor substitute to my self defense rounds
3. and all the other info you posted about it being dirty/extractor problem/lacquer/etc...

cowboy1964
01-11-2013, 06:12
I'll use Russian stuff if I get a great price on it. It's great for those times I don't feel like collecting my empties. I don't find the recoil to be so drastically different that it matters. Besides, I shoot so many different weights and calibers anyways.

But luckygunner's prices are too high on everything right now.

freezetime
01-11-2013, 11:25
Stopped by walmart on the way home. They had 11 boxes of federal on the shelf. I bought 5. He said 2 cases came in yesterday, and the other one was in the back. Things might be slowing down. ;) It do go up $1 to 13.97.

I also bought 5 boxes of federal from Walmart yesterday. It was 12.50 or so a box. The sportsmans warehouse next door didn't have a single box of 9mm, I don't think it's slowing down just yet. But it was nice to get some ammo for the range.

kb18no1
01-11-2013, 16:59
You can always find ammo at www.gunbroker.com

which sometimes you can find deals

JLA
01-11-2013, 18:52
Stopped in to my local WM and they had about 30 boxes of Federal 9mm (must have just gotten a shippment) and a few 357 mag along with some .40. Since I have already enough (for now and the near future) 9mm , I didn't need anymore. There was a 1 lone box of WWB of .380 on the shelf so I snatched it up which is the caliber that I went in for anyway.

GLJones
01-11-2013, 20:23
I found 6 boxes (of 50) of .45 at Walmart yesterday. two boxes of TUL and 4 boxes of Winchester. When they went into the cabinet to get it, there were 2 more boxes of TUL hiding behind. I left them for the next customer. The rest of the cabinet was empty except for a few odd calibers. Haven't seen .22LR at Walmart in a month.

NEVRL8T
01-11-2013, 20:29
Bought the wife a new XD-9 today and can't find any ammo ANYWHERE. Been to three LGS, Gander Mountain, two Walmart stores - no luck. I can't seem to find any online either. Kind of sucks, she is really itching to punch the paper. Anyone had any reliable luck online? If so, where?

1smoothredneck
01-11-2013, 20:35
Yes, yes, and yes......and no sweat with steel case through a 1911, either, buddy. I will shoot the Tul through my Kimber Custom Target II in 9mm, as I have for years. Oh, and flawlessly.

Lotta hate for steel case around these parts. By a select few, I have found. Whatever.

I appreciate insight and opinions, though. :supergrin:

I am not a fan of steel cased ammo, but will run it in a Glock, 1911, and most any other pistol in a pinch.. I have seen several ARs choke and puke on the stuff, though. ymmv. Be safe,

Ferdinandd
01-11-2013, 21:08
How long did it take for ammo supply to get back to normal after the 08-09 demand surge? I never ran out but can't recall how long it was in short supply after barry got elected.

BigAlE
01-12-2013, 15:25
I went to a couple local gun shops and a walmart today. Did not find a single round of 9mm that wasn't self defense.

If my glock extractor ever breaks due to steel case (doubtful) I will pay the $15 for a new one.

Stuey
01-12-2013, 20:59
Found 3 boxes of 9mm ammo at one Wal-Mart and a couple of cases of ammo at Gander Mountain. Went to Dick's hoping to get some ammo with my certificates and were out of 9mm and 40. They did have 4 boxes of 223 that I bought. Not what I looking for, but not complaining.

NEVRL8T
01-12-2013, 21:10
Found all the ammo (9mm) that I could want today at a local LGS today. 115 grain FMJ for $19.95 a box. I loaded up for the wife. Spent 2 hours at the range tonight with her and her new XD-9. She loves it!