Peacful demonstration planned for Feb 8 across US [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Peacful demonstration planned for Feb 8 across US

crashwg
01-10-2013, 13:49
I hope you're all contacting your representatives and letting them know how you feel but here's another way you can be heard.

An organization calling themselves "2nd Right" are planning a peaceful demonstration on February 8th, at 10:00am local time at your state capitol building.

http://www.facebook.com/events/406312512782872/

They're up to about 7,000 people who have "committed" to coming and even if half don't show up, the average would be 70 people per state which I think would be fairly impressive.

I have sort of take the reigns as it were here in New Hampshire since I live <2 miles from the capitol so getting permits and whatnot is easiest for me.

So anyway, follow the link. Join your local 2nd supporters and show your representatives how you feel!

RWBlue
01-10-2013, 13:50
I don't facebook. Can you post more info?

crashwg
01-10-2013, 15:10
I don't think you need a facebook account to view the link I posted above.

The gist of it all though, is that in every state you go to your state capitol building on February 8th at 10am local time with signs or whatever. Be armed if it's legal to do so and you so choose.

I'm actually just finding out that there's another group on facebook that's planning something similar on Jan 19th. I'm not sure of all their plans but I find it hard to believe, at least in NH, that they will be able to get permits on such short notice. Also, they don't have quite as many supporters so I still think 2nd Right's event that I posted above will be the better option.