Back Orders Cancelled - due to the frenzy GRRRR [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Back Orders Cancelled - due to the frenzy GRRRR

triehl27
01-10-2013, 15:28
So this week I have now gotten 3 cancellations on parts orders I have been waiting on. All because of 1 part here is out of stock or this mag is out of stock.

Three different distributors, orders were from mid nov, late nov, and early Dec. All had back orders on them or rainchecks, I usually select to have the entire order sent together instead of paying multiple shipping fees. (I shoulda payed the stupid fees and piecemealed it to me)

Long story short due to shortages in magazines, magazine parts, the order can not be filled in a timely fashion or due to fluctuating prices. Two of the distributors have scaled back so far to concentrate on mags ammo, and ar parts that they can not fill my orders due the to parts are not in their current sales databases. And the third had filled current orders with part that were listed in my back order so not only do I not get the mag springs, they are currently out of half my order.

I should have just had um send me what they had and not waited but that would have added 30-40% onto the shipping fees. Almost $1050 in parts more then $800 instock but not currently available for order. And other distribs have jumped their prices WAY up.

Currently to put together 60% of my order would be $1200+ and have to come from 9 dealers and distributors.

All due to people panic buying whatever 11 round or better mags they can get their hands on, and distributors overwhelmed by the demand and filling immediate orders over standing ones.

Thanks for letting me vent. This has really screwed me up and pushed back more then a dozen projects by 6-8 months, due to the lack of parts. Which for the guy on the end doing the work mean no money coming in, major delays, and upset customers.

The_Gun_Guru
01-10-2013, 16:08
I have seven (7) AK mags coming from Century Arms......hopefully!:dunno:

My order status on their website still says awaiting payment but I was told that they are waiting for them to get to their warehouse and then they will ship them to me.

We'll see how that goes.

TGG