Opinions on CZ 75 SP-O1 Phantom [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on CZ 75 SP-O1 Phantom

lifsey83
01-10-2013, 16:28
I checked one out at a local gun shop today, and liked the feel of it . Just wanting to get opinions on them .

gocubs6
01-10-2013, 17:21
I had the steel version of the SP01. It was the most accurate gun I have ever owned. Fantastic pistol. I sold it the other day because I had to let the range gun go for a more practical pistol I've heard good things about the polymer version, but never shot it.

seamaster
01-10-2013, 23:19
It's my favorite pistol but it does have 2 pretty big things to be aware of.

Firstly the trigger. Mine had the worst trigger of any gun I ever tried. Even shooting several hundred rounds thru it didn't improve it so I installed a CGW race hammer and now its great. So add the cost of a CGW Race Hammer to the price of the gun!

Holsters are hard to find. I settled on a Blade Tech paddle holster that started out as a level 2 retention belt holster. The retention system was awkward to use so I removed those parts, added the paddle, adjusted the tension and now it's just right. It's the only OWB plastic hip holster that I've been satisfied with, I searched and bought/sold many beforevI settled on this holster. For SOB carry I use a cheapo Glock Sport holster for the G20/21 and with minor mod's it works extremely well.

I recommend this Glock Sport Holster before you buy any others. Spend the $15 on the holster and $90 on the race hammer. Adding the race hammer puts this gun ahead of all the other full size polymer 9mm pistols IMO.

My 2nd favorite pistol is my W German P226 so yes I think the SP01 Phantom is really great gun!

WarEagle32
01-11-2013, 04:49
I love the entire .75 family!!

bac1023
01-11-2013, 12:09
CZ doesn't make any bad pistols. They are all outstanding :cool:

Cambo
01-11-2013, 17:24

Word.

Bob Hafler
01-11-2013, 18:25

Could not agree more. Own three and am more than just satisfied with them all. I do prefer the steel/alloy frame models though.

Wishoot
01-11-2013, 19:26
I loves me some Phantom.

The ergos are darn near perfect and it's just about the most accurate thing I've ever shot. The trigger is a bit gritty, but it's nothing unmanageable.