Sig Sauer 716? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer 716?

itisbruno
01-10-2013, 20:08
Anyone have one and what is your experience with it?

Other recommendations for a .308 rifle?

Looking at getting a new one, but not sur which.

FN FAL?

Thanks for your recommendations.

Travclem
01-11-2013, 11:49
My best friend has one and it's a good rifle, but I'm not a fan of the piston on an AR. His will hold 1.5" groups at 100yds all day. It has been 100% reliable and has ~1200 rounds through it. What are your intended uses? Long range precision? Hunting? HD? How about budget? I am more of a LaRue man but their prices are high and wait times are getting absolutely ridiculous.

You can't go wrong with an FNFAL.

itisbruno
01-14-2013, 00:37
My intended uses would be to attempt to attain Long range precision, HD, and possible hunting if I ever get any freetime, Travclem.

Budget is quality and feature dependant, but I don't wanna go overboard.

Thanks!

:thumbsup:

RetailNinja
01-14-2013, 02:19
FN FAL can do well. http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324116 I'm not all up on falfiles but it seems to be tough to get a new match grade barrel here. All of DSA's and ARS's barrels seem to be military grade.

NEOH212
01-14-2013, 07:15
FAL or M1A.

The Sig should be fine but good luck with mags right now.

Travclem
01-14-2013, 08:40
My intended uses would be to attempt to attain Long range precision, HD, and possible hunting if I ever get any freetime, Travclem.

Budget is quality and feature dependant, but I don't wanna go overboard.

Thanks!

:thumbsup:
If precision is high on the list, I guess it depends on what precision is to you. The Sig should be able to hold 1.5-2 MOA groups without issue. If you want a Sub MOA semi-auto you'll need to get into an M1A NM or SM, or one of the big guys like LaRue (if you want to wait 1yr+) or GA Precision. Most FALs that I have shot have been 2-3 MOA guns.