Little AR10 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Little AR10

Stonewall308
01-10-2013, 20:17
Little AR10 help please

I picked up a DPMS AR10 (luckily before the panic). This is my first AR. It looks to have an aftermarket magpul stock.

The question is, what hardware do I need to mount a single point sling on this thing? I bought this thing off midway usa dot com, but it looks to be too small:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/793243?cm_mmc=S_Spop-Email-_-Service_Emails-_-ShippingConfirmation-_-ProductLink

Here is a pic of the rifle, if that helps

Stonewall308
01-10-2013, 20:22
Picture below

faawrenchbndr
01-10-2013, 20:23
Hate to tell you,......but you can not use that mount with the MagPul UBR
stock that you have on the LR308.

Stonewall308
01-10-2013, 20:29
Can you direct me to the correct mount?

faawrenchbndr
01-10-2013, 21:11
You will not be able to use a single point mount with that stock,...
that I am aware of. The UBR has a quick disconnect sling socket.
You may be able to find a single point that will work with it.
However, with the weight & length of the LR308, a two
point would work better.

crazymoose
01-11-2013, 12:28
Yep. The UBR either comes with a QD socket, or has a spot for one to be added. I agree, though, that thing will be insanely front-heavy with a single point.

If you decide to go two-point, you have options. You could change the handguard to a different model, either with a built-in QD mount, or a rail you could attach such a mount to.

You could have a gunsmith take the tube off, drill a hole through it, and mount a QD socket at a location of your choice. If you have the tools and know-how, you could do this yourself.

Cheapest option, that would work fine but might look a bit cheesy, if that bothers you, is to loop something through the cooling slots in the tube and than secure the front of your sling to that.

Travclem
01-11-2013, 12:31
You'll have to use the QD socket on the stock to use a single point sling with the UBR.