Found a 681 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Found a 681

benji
01-11-2013, 16:21
I found a Smith & Wesson 681-1 (with the M) at the local pawn shop for $500. I need to go to the ATM and go back in the morning to get it. It seemed to be in good shape to me. I've never haggled with a pawn shop before. I think I'll offer $450 out the door and see if the go for it.

01-11-2013, 16:29
I'd start $300, then, haggle away. The worst that can happen is one of us walking away from the deal....

meathead19
01-11-2013, 16:36
A classic that's all you need, nothing you don't.

See if they'd do $450 OTD.....if not, add a few more.

That's VERY fair if in 90% or above.

benji
01-11-2013, 16:40
It was in good shape but I'm not sure about 90%. It wasn't new but not abused either as far as I could tell.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

SigFTW
01-11-2013, 17:26
I found a Smith & Wesson 681-1 (with the M) at the local pawn shop for $500. I need to go to the ATM and go back in the morning to get it. It seemed to be in good shape to me. I've never haggled with a pawn shop before. I think I'll offer $450 out the door and see if the go for it.

I love to haggle, don't offer a price as a question, just say "I'll give you XXX cash". Low ball the price first and then meet them on a price you can live with. Don't worry about insulting them with a low price, they do that all the time when they buy stuff from people. :supergrin:

meathead19
01-11-2013, 18:12
It was in good shape but I'm not sure about 90%. It wasn't new but not abused either as far as I could tell.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Mine is a NYSP piece. Looks to be fired little, carried a bit more.

meathead19
01-11-2013, 18:27
I'd start $300, then, haggle away. The worst that can happen is one of us walking away from the deal....

Not in this area....they'd laugh you out the door. Especially w/all the gun grabbing going on.

Heck, they probably paid that much to GET the gun.

Anything less than $500 would be a deal.

EDIT: I wouldn't sell ANY gun at this time.

01-11-2013, 20:43
Not in this area....they'd laugh you out the door. No they wouldn't. It's a starting point for a negotiation on price.

Especially w/all the gun grabbing going on.The panic buyers want semi-auto this, high capacity that. That revolver was probably traded to get a hi cap something or other.

It's revolver at a PAWN shop. Pawn shops typically give very little and have a huge mark up. Pawn shops aren't in business to break even.

Depending on how long that 681 has been sitting, they may be willing to blow it out.
Anything less than $500 would be a deal. I agree! That's why I'd start with a low offer.

EDIT: I wouldn't sell ANY gun at this time.This is a sellers market. It's a great time to make money!

BTW, I buy and flip things for a living.

bac1023
01-11-2013, 20:43
One of my local shops has a 681 in as well.

meathead19
01-11-2013, 20:59
No they wouldn't. It's a starting point for a negotiation on price.

The panic buyers want semi-auto this, high capacity that. That revolver was probably traded to get a hi cap something or other.

It's revolver at a PAWN shop. Pawn shops typically give very little and have a huge mark up. Pawn shops aren't in business to break even.

Depending on how long that 681 has been sitting, they may be willing to blow it out.
I agree! That's why I'd start with a low offer.

This is a sellers market. It's a great time to make money!

BTW, I buy and flip things for a living.

If you can buy one in YOUR area for less than $500, good for you.

They made fewer 681's than 686's. So they carry a premium. Maybe you were unaware.

Pawn shops buy cheap and sell HIGH. They may have purchased for $250- $275....do you really think they'd sell for less than twice what they paid?? Then throw taxes on top that.

You got one thing right....It is a sellers market. See those Bushwhackers being sold for $2K when 2 months ago they sold for $800?

BTW...I trade/sale GUNS. Not just "things."

benji
01-11-2013, 22:05
One of my local shops has a 681 in as well.

how much?

01-11-2013, 22:44
If you can buy one in YOUR area for less than $500, good for you. Yeah, good for me.

They made fewer 681's than 686's. So they carry a premium. Maybe you were unaware.Maybe the seller knows, maybe he doesn't. Either way, I don't care. I'm out for the best price, regardless.

Pawn shops buy cheap and sell HIGH. They may have purchased for $250- $275Then why did you state that "they might have paid that much to get the gun" as in $500?
Remember this;
Your words, not mine.

....do you really think they'd sell for less than twice what they paid?? Then throw taxes on top that. Yes they do. Especially when they want to get rid of something when they've been sitting too long.

You got one thing right....It is a sellers market. See those Bushwhackers being sold for $2K when 2 months ago they sold for $800? I know I've been selling.

BTW...I trade/sale* GUNS. Not just "things."
Really? You better brush up on your negotiating skills or you'll keep paying higher prices.

*Also, it's "SELL" guns, not "sale" guns.

blastfact
01-11-2013, 23:32
Pistol alone. No box and goodies. $300 max. Box and all the trimmings. $475 max.

meathead19
01-12-2013, 06:45
Yeah, good for me.

Maybe the seller knows, maybe he doesn't. Either way, I don't care. I'm out for the best price, regardless.

Then why did you state that "they might have paid that much to get the gun" as in $500?
Remember this;

Your words, not mine.

Yes they do. Especially when they want to get rid of something when they've been sitting too long.

I know I've been selling.

Really? You better brush up on your negotiating skills or you'll keep paying higher prices.

*Also, it's "SELL" guns, not "sale" guns.

No, I said they probably paid $300 to get the gun.

Thanks for the English lesson though.

benji
01-12-2013, 10:05
http://i45.tinypic.com/11r6cex.jpg

He's happy, I'm happy, wife's happy. Happy, happy, happy as Duck Dynasty would say. Now I just want some wood grips and a couple of holsters.

meathead19
01-12-2013, 12:17
I think you came out very well.

Congrats!

ca survivor
01-13-2013, 08:21
Congrats!

deputy tom
01-13-2013, 08:38
http://i45.tinypic.com/11r6cex.jpg

He's happy, I'm happy, wife's happy. Happy, happy, happy as Duck Dynasty would say. Now I just want some wood grips and a couple of holsters.

Nice. Congrats. tom.:thumbsup:

pennlineman
01-13-2013, 09:09
Nice guns that seem to be hard to find in good condition. Around here anyways. I regret selling the 581 that I had back in the late 80's. I'll be getting another when I find a good one.