Brand new g19 with NIB-X is a jamomatic. Anyone else have this problem? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Brand new g19 with NIB-X is a jamomatic. Anyone else have this problem?

Prometheus77
01-12-2013, 16:36
I took out my new g19 with NIB-X coating and it's a mess. failure to feed and failure to eject. Basically every single round. :wow:

Not an ammo issue, same rounds were being feed fine thru a SA XD9 as well as a MP5.

I only had two g19 mags out with me, but it was both magazines as well.

Many times, the slide wasn't even traveling far enough to the rear to even cause a high brass issue. Stove pipes from hell... crazy stuff.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Gallium
01-12-2013, 16:38
What is NIB-X coating? Is that a Glock factory process?

If no, did you shoot the gun before that process was applied?

If it is a Glock factory process....did you change the recoil spring? Are the mags likewise new? What ammo is it?

conpro
01-12-2013, 16:57
Sounds like the coating is the problem.

Prometheus77
01-12-2013, 17:01
Brand new Gen 3 made in USA gLock. Never fired before today, I bought it with the coating on it.

barth
01-12-2013, 17:07
I took out my new g19 with NIB-X coating and it's a mess. failure to feed and failure to eject. Basically every single round. :wow:

Not an ammo issue, same rounds were being feed fine thru a SA XD9 as well as a MP5.

I only had two g19 mags out with me, but it was both magazines as well.

Many times, the slide wasn't even traveling far enough to the rear to even cause a high brass issue. Stove pipes from hell... crazy stuff.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

I have a Talo EXO gen 3 G27 with Fail Zero Nickel Boron finish.
It's been perfect from NIB with 6000 rounds on the clock.
I believe NIB-X is very similar.
The finish is micro thin and should have nothing to do with operation.
I've never heard of others with nickel boron causing problems with function.

I would think it was reassembled improperly or has defective parts.
If you bought it NIB with NIB-X?
You should still have your Glock warranty.
Send it back to the mother ship.

Prometheus77
01-12-2013, 17:08
I've heard and seen some issues with the Gen4's rolling out, I'm not 100% the finish is the issue. Even the extractor doesn't want to allow the brass to slide into place.

bigkrackers
01-12-2013, 17:08
NiB-X is nickel boron coating. It's the latest craze in finishes from coating slides to BCGs in ARs.

I believe the finish is offered by Glock but can't confirm.

bentbiker
01-12-2013, 17:13
Did you clean and lube before shooting? Again, what is the ammo -- just because it works in another gun doesn't mean your Glock will like it (e.g. swc bullets). How much experience do you have shooting Glocks?
Even the extractor doesn't want to allow the brass to slide into place.
Did you determine this by hand-cycling cartridges?

barth
01-12-2013, 17:15
I've heard and seen some issues with the Gen4's rolling out, I'm not 100% the finish is the issue. Even the extractor doesn't want to allow the brass to slide into place.

+1
I didn't even want ask if it's a gen 4 G19....
But that was my first thought.

I think Glock has some sort of agreements with Talo and NIB-X.
To take blocks of NIB Glocks.
Refinish them, repackage them and sell them as NIB guns.

The finish is third party.
But they are still NIB guns with Glock warranties.

At least that's the way my Talo Fail Zero G27 was bought.

Prometheus77
01-12-2013, 17:32
Did you clean and lube before shooting? Again, what is the ammo -- just because it works in another gun doesn't mean your Glock will like it (e.g. swc bullets). How much experience do you have shooting Glocks?

Did you determine this by hand-cycling cartridges?

I don't think I've ever shot a g19/17 that was ammo picky.

Some WWB and some remington. Not an ammo issue, the remington is all from the same 1,000 lot that hasn't had a problem prior and today I sent 300~ rounds of it down range in an XD9 and a MP5. Zero issues.

Yes to your last two questions.

I'll get a video up in a few.

WT
01-12-2013, 18:10
1. Cycle the slide by hand at least 1,000 times. The parts burnish, the recoil springs cycle. (You can sit in front of the TV watching NCIS while doing so.)

2. Fully load your brand new magazines and let them sit for 2 weeks. Then unload by hand, reload again.

3. Now your Glock is ready for the range.

You may need to lube the Glock. No more than 4 drops of oil total.
1 drop on barrel
1 drop on slide interior, the forward part.
1/2 drop on each slide rail
1 drop on cruciform

conpro
01-12-2013, 18:23
Only gen4 i would buy would be the g26 or g27.

Prometheus77
01-12-2013, 18:25
1. Cycle the slide by hand at least 1,000 times. The parts burnish, the recoil springs cycle. (You can sit in front of the TV watching NCIS while doing so.)

2. Fully load your brand new magazines and let them sit for 2 weeks. Then unload by hand, reload again.

:shocked:
You're joking right?

It's a gLock, not a Keltec.

WT
01-12-2013, 18:42
No, I am not joking.

I have been shooting Glocks since before Gaston was born.

New Glock springs are STIFF. They need some breaking in to work reliably.

Besides, the exercise is good for strengthening the wrists and grip.

DaneA
01-12-2013, 18:43
I saw this problem with a friends nib 19 with a nickel coating. Unfortunately it just took some time to break in. I want to say it was about 500 rounds. The dealer had two of these and one of the owners bought the other one and said they had the same issue. After the break in it has performed flawlessly.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

glockarmor
01-12-2013, 18:47
Personally I"ve never had to do anything to a new Glock other than load the mag and pull the trigger. I now have two Gen 4s and the same has applied to them.

bentbiker
01-12-2013, 19:01
P77, you might want to take out the extractor and see just how tight it is in its slot. Would only take a couple minutes. I wouldn't have thought the NiB would add much, but maybe just enough to make it tight like you sensed. If so, I would expect add'l shooting to wear it in.

I have been shooting Glocks since before Gaston was born.I'll have to think about that for a second . . .

WT
01-12-2013, 19:26
Look at it another way ...

People frequently ask "How many rounds should I fire of XYZ ammo before I can consider my ammo and pistol combination reliable?"

Some will reply "100 rounds of Witch Killer hollowpoints", others "300 rounds of +P+ dragonslayers" and so on.

Well, that can be expensive.

Recycling the slide by hand will not really duplicate the loads and speed 1 on 1 that the pistol will see when actually firing a round. So, the next best thing .... 1,000 cycles by hand which MAY duplicate 300 actual rounds fired.

AND it's not as noisy.

DannyB
01-13-2013, 00:11
I have a NIB-X G17 that has run flawlessly.

SCSU74
01-13-2013, 00:19
No, I am not joking.

I have been shooting Glocks since before Gaston was born.

New Glock springs are STIFF. They need some breaking in to work reliably.

Besides, the exercise is good for strengthening the wrists and grip.

No they aren't, and they don't need to be "broken" in. Also, may want to recheck your lube points they're a little off

WinterWizard
01-13-2013, 03:22
Look at it another way ...

People frequently ask "How many rounds should I fire of XYZ ammo before I can consider my ammo and pistol combination reliable?"

Some will reply "100 rounds of Witch Killer hollowpoints", others "300 rounds of +P+ dragonslayers" and so on.

Well, that can be expensive.

Recycling the slide by hand will not really duplicate the loads and speed 1 on 1 that the pistol will see when actually firing a round. So, the next best thing .... 1,000 cycles by hand which MAY duplicate 300 actual rounds fired.

AND it's not as noisy.

Dude, no offense, but have you taken your meds today? All your posts are absolutely false and ridiculous.

Seawolf
01-13-2013, 04:21
Sounds silly, but check the recoil spring and see if it is the latest revision. I think Glock has been through 4 or 5 different spring s on the Gen4 G19 now.

Honestly whoever at Glock thought putting the same spring used on the 40S&W in the 9mm Gen4 guns should be fired. That was the dumbest idea ever. I know they were trying to save money on the production process by keeping all the parts the same, but thinking people would just stop shooting 115grn ammo was stupid.

There was no reason why they couldn't just leave the Gen4 G19/17 as a single spring setup and still had the backstraps, stippling, mag release, etc. They would have saved themselves money in the long run and not had to deal with the bad press they got from all these Gen4 9mm guns flunking out.

If I was going to purchase a G19 right now I would honestly seek out a nice used Gen3 with a couple thousand rounds through it.

DannyR
01-13-2013, 05:17
There are one or two major firearms distributors that send batches of Glocks out for aftermarket finishes. These finishes are not warranted by Glock. If the aftermarket finish is causing issues, it is not Glock's problem.

I suggest you shoot 200 rounds of Winchester 124-gr NATO Spec ammo through your new pistol before you use anymore Remington ammo.

Arc Angel
01-13-2013, 09:03
A tight extractor could cause the problem you descibe. Hand cycle some rounds through the pistol; or, better yet, disassemble your slide and check how freely the extractor moves inside its cutout. Be careful, though. You do NOT want it too loose. Does the extractor stick? If so, a simple (light) polish job on, 'the flats' should cure the problem for you.

WT
01-13-2013, 09:04
Well, reading GT I get the impression that half of the new Glocks do not function reliably out of the box, especially the Gen. 4's. Some may be in the 50% population whose Glocks actually work out of the box.

True, some people like to douse their Glocks with oil and smear it with grease. Glocks don't need that. Heck, Chuck Taylor lubed his famous Glock 17 with bovine excrement.

Rather than going to the range and spending big bucks on premium ammo and coming away with the impression that Glocks don't work, I offered a pre-firing regimen which may help to relieve the Glock range constipation which seems to be prevelant among new Glocks.

Another off the wall suggestion - try dry firing. If you don't know what it is I suggest taking the NRA Basic Pistol Course. It is taught there. It works the slide, trigger assembly, mag release, etc. Good stuff.

Relax. Get things loosened up. Push the envelope, think out of the box, shoot for the stars.

Have a nice day.

PS: Critiques should include suggestions for improvements. Anyone can hit and run. Thank you.

conpro
01-13-2013, 09:52
is it a gen 3 or 4,, the 4 has problems.

cciman
01-13-2013, 10:34
I have a Gen 4 G19, I bought it used, worked fine before and after I sent it out for NIB finish on it. I shoot 115 wolf ammo. NIB coating is truly nice to have.

My suggestions:
Field strip
Look at it-- is it dirty, or have grease -- clean it, take off any grease.

NIB is a very slick and hard surface treatment, you should not need any lube on the NIB surface, you can put a drop on the frame rails if you are not convinced. Light layer of oil on the top of the barrel where it rubs the slide.

Hand cycle the gun after putting it back together (unloaded)-- does it feel irregular? Sling shot, and dry fire about 50 times.

Go to the range, try it again.

If this continues, consider a Gen3 factory RSA with an adapter bushing.

SCSU74
01-13-2013, 10:37
Well, reading GT I get the impression that half of the new Glocks do not function reliably out of the box, especially the Gen. 4's. Some may be in the 50% population whose Glocks actually work out of the box.

True, some people like to douse their Glocks with oil and smear it with grease. Glocks don't need that. Heck, Chuck Taylor lubed his famous Glock 17 with bovine excrement.

Rather than going to the range and spending big bucks on premium ammo and coming away with the impression that Glocks don't work, I offered a pre-firing regimen which may help to relieve the Glock range constipation which seems to be prevelant among new Glocks.

Another off the wall suggestion - try dry firing. If you don't know what it is I suggest taking the NRA Basic Pistol Course. It is taught there. It works the slide, trigger assembly, mag release, etc. Good stuff.

Relax. Get things loosened up. Push the envelope, think out of the box, shoot for the stars.

Have a nice day.

PS: Critiques should include suggestions for improvements. Anyone can hit and run. Thank you.

My apologies.

1. Go to range and shoot, that will help with the "stiff" springs. Hand cycling has little to no benefit. Dry firing is excellent as you mentioned.

2. As much as I dislike Yeager and using grease on a Glock, this video does a great job showing the lube spots. The main thing is to not put the oil on top of the cruciform as you mentioned, but to make sure it gets down the side of the connector as shown.

http://youtu.be/pGobEpUO3Uc

cciman
01-13-2013, 13:30
Funny. It is actually not an original Glock anymore either, now that the NIB has been applied. The coating is applied to some thickness, and has changed its physical dimensions a small amount. I think I agree with WT. Anything mechanical needs a break in - even Porsches. Needs to loosen up. Cycle it hard by hand, to save ammo.

:shocked:

It's a gLock, not a Keltec.

EOS
01-13-2013, 16:35
I have a Gen 3 G22 with the NIB-X by WMD guns. It only has 800 rounds on the odometer, but it's been rock solid. Maybe QC is falling with the NIB-X shops.

Prometheus77
01-13-2013, 20:14
I suggest you shoot 200 rounds of Winchester 124-gr NATO Spec ammo through your new pistol before you use anymore Remington ammo.

I've never had a problem with that ammo in any of my 9mm's. Also, I did say I used WWB (winchester white box) as well.

If a gLock won't shoot them, it's defective, it's not the ammo.

Here is a video to the issues I was having, it outlines a few of the problems all in one string. Failure to feed, failure to eject, a type three malfunction due to short stroking.

http://youtu.be/4hLHUMfjPfU

Prometheus77
01-13-2013, 20:18
I have a Gen 3 G22 with the NIB-X by WMD guns. It only has 800 rounds on the odometer, but it's been rock solid. Maybe QC is falling with the NIB-X shops.

I received an email response from WMD last night (Saturday) and their head gunsmith is calling me on Monday to talk about the issues I was having.

I'll keep everyone updated.

Gallium
01-14-2013, 02:48
I've never had a problem with that ammo in any of my 9mm's. Also, I did say I used WWB (winchester white box) as well.

Here is a video to the issues I was having, it outlines a few of the problems all in one string. Failure to feed, failure to eject, a type three malfunction due to short stroking.

You certainly have some brass ones to claim this Glock is

a) factory

and then go on to claim if your after market (yes, that is what it is) finish does not work

b) it is the gun.

It is not the gun, in this instance, it is the aftermarket finish that Glock has little control over that is causing your gun to be grossly unreliable.

voyager4520
01-14-2013, 06:09
Try replacing the extractor with a new 9mm LCI extractor. It looks to me like the extractor isn't moving freely enough, causing both failures to feed and failures to eject. Glock's recent production extractors have widely varying specs and sometimes you'll get a bad one.

Prometheus77
01-14-2013, 07:24
You certainly have some brass ones to claim this Glock is

You're silly.

It is not the gun, in this instance, it is the aftermarket finish that Glock has little control over that is causing your gun to be grossly unreliable.

Two years ago I would have agreed without even giving it a second thought.

Today? Given the QC issues gLock has been having recently? It's as likely one as the other.

64t-bolt
01-19-2013, 09:10
I had the same problem, with the exact same model gun, and NIBx coating. I called Glock and the were poilite in telling me the that coating is the issue and to call WMD guns, who actually coats them.. WMD guns told me that if it was stamped "NIBx" on the RH side of the slide, then it was an Amchar coated gun. When i finally got ahold of the righ individual at Amchar (their gunsmith). He was very nice and he is having the Amchar sales rep that deals with my Glock dealer setup a return authorization to send the gun into Amchar to be worked on. He acted like he knew exactly what was wrong and what the fix was. Mine, out of the box new, FTE's and FTF's 7-10 rounds out of every 15 rd mag, no matter the ammo and i dont limp wrist.

My pistol is a June 2012 production Gen3 "USA" stamped G19.

Gallium
01-19-2013, 10:17
You're silly.

Yeah. Sometimes the obvious truth in my face generates that type of reaction from me too. But don't let your emotions dig a hole too deep for your lack of logic to get you out of. :)

I had the same problem, with the exact same model gun, and NIBx coating. I called Glock and the were poilite in telling me the that coating is the issue and to call WMD guns, who actually coats them.. WMD guns told me that if it was stamped "NIBx" on the RH side of the slide, then it was an Amchar coated gun. When i finally got ahold of the righ individual at Amchar (their gunsmith). He was very nice and he is having the Amchar sales rep that deals with my Glock dealer setup a return authorization to send the gun into Amchar to be worked on. He acted like he knew exactly what was wrong and what the fix was. Mine, out of the box new, FTE's and FTF's 7-10 rounds out of every 15 rd mag, no matter the ammo and i dont limp wrist.

64t-bolt,

Is it fixed? Did they provide a ticket that stated what they did?

Prometheus77
01-19-2013, 23:07

August 2012 here. Same deal, with Amchar. I'm waiting on an RMA right now.

SARDG
01-19-2013, 23:46
...Here is a video to the issues I was having, it outlines a few of the problems all in one string. Failure to feed, failure to eject, a type three malfunction due to short stroking.

Your 'jamming' problems aside, if you continue to grab the front of the slide to rack/clear your gun, you will eventually find a way to shoot yourself in the hand.

cciman
01-20-2013, 10:19
Please keep us updated on ARMCHAR activity.
It would be neat for future to know what is causing the problem.

sgt rock
01-20-2013, 18:19
Dude, no offense, but have you taken your meds today? All your posts are absolutely false and ridiculous.

Actually his suggestion to hand cycle the pistol does work. Ive used this technigue with dummy rounds to break in a few AK's ive built from parts kits with fresh parkerizing. It smooths things out and gives you an idea of feeding and ejection before hitting the range. I would think a new pistol wouldnt need it but it may help diagnose the OP's issue.

joeG26er
01-20-2013, 20:41
I had a similar issue with a g19 that had always worked flawlessly. FTF and FTE

Turns out one of the frame pins had come out of position very slightly which caused random interference with the slide cycling.
I believe it was the slide stop pin.

I believe that FTF and FTE means slide is not cycling properly.

I don't think this is an extractor issue.

Check out this video -
Complete Glock detail strip (PART 2) - YouTube

go to 1:50

I would suggest total disassembly and proper reassembly. No need to do the slide.

64t-bolt
01-23-2013, 09:34
64t-bolt,

Is it fixed? Did they provide a ticket that stated what they did?

Still waiting to hear about the RMA. dude is/was at the SHOT show.. I'll post the update.. My pistol seems to not cycle far enough to kick brass, as mentioned above. I don't think it's ejector/extractor. When it does cycle though, the cases basically fall into my right elbow, pretty weak..

BMiracletx
01-23-2013, 11:16
My EXO NIB G19 has been FLAWLESS. Love it. Ihave 18 Glocks... not a single one have I sat around and "handcycled". I just go out and shoot them. We are not talking about custom handfit 1911s that are tighter than a gnats rear end. If you can wiggle the slide fore and aft and side to side (never seen a Glock so tight that it had no play in it), then your hand cycling, in my opinion, is a waste of time. Just my thoughts though....

Made in Austria
01-23-2013, 11:19
After watching your video a couple of times in slow motion an all, it looks like the slide gets totally stuck somehow. The slide does not move at all after some shots. Did it reset the trigger after firing?

I think the problem is that the gun somehow can't unlock the barrel. It looks like too much recoil energy gets eaten up somewhere. Either the finish adds too much material somewhere, or something is bent/out of spec. I would also check the frame and slide rails. Also, check the locking block to see if it sits nice in the frame. The unlocking process of a Glock barrel is very critical, a lot of recoil energy gets eaten up by unlocking the barrel alone. It needs the right kick to unlock properly. How does it feel when you rack the slide back compared to another Glock?

EDIT: Like others have said, it could also be an out of spec extractor which doesn't open far enough so that the case rim can slip under the extractor claw.

joeG26er
01-23-2013, 16:44
I am seeing the slide does not go fully into battery when it was hand cycled

trigger is pressed and firing pin is too far away from cartridge = FTFire

slide does not travel back far enough when shot is fired = FTE

how does the slide cycle by hand without ammo, barrel or spring?

Does it hang up? If it does not then it's not the slide to frame fit

does the slide stop lever stay firmly in place? If it's a bit loose, it's not installed properly and can drag on the slide causing these issues.

have you tried a different spring/guide rod to eliminate that as an issue?

The only other issue left is the barrel to slide fitment

joeG26er
01-23-2013, 16:45
I'm going to bet it's not the extractor though...

64t-bolt
01-23-2013, 17:43
Talked to the gunsmith at Amchar today. He said these issues are far and few between but not outlandish as they do a few hundred units at a time and to prep the pistol for coating they "stone the problem areas" and occasionally an area can get missed or insufficiently polished causing hangups. I am still waiting on the RMA to ship the pistol, so we'll see. Something is definately wrong though, i have shot thousands of rounds through my Glocks, even in IDPA and IPSC and this one FTF's and FTE's more than not..

Icelander513
01-23-2013, 19:03
My apologies.

1. Go to range and shoot, that will help with the "stiff" springs. Hand cycling has little to no benefit. Dry firing is excellent as you mentioned.

Could you please elaborate on this? That or cite your credible source from which the information was derived.

Thank you.

joeG26er
01-23-2013, 21:20
Did you try the trouble-shooting steps?

Try a complete strip and rebuild.

It's super easy and it might fix the issue...all you need is the right size punch / rod and those pins are remarkably easy to push out and in.

AustinTx
01-23-2013, 21:57
It's truly amazing that so many Glocks don't work right, after changing something that came from the factory.

Buckshot Barry
02-14-2013, 17:35
More info

http://thegunwire.com/blog/youtube-video-military-arms-channel-nib-x-glock-19-problems/

joeG26er
02-14-2013, 21:39
have you tried to swap out the barrel?

clarkz71
02-14-2013, 22:03
Still waiting to hear about the RMA. dude is/was at the SHOT show.. I'll post the update.. My pistol seems to not cycle far enough to kick brass, as mentioned above. I don't think it's ejector/extractor. When it does cycle though, the cases basically fall into my right elbow, pretty weak..

Do you actually have a 427 Fairlane factory Thunder Bolt FX?

4-Fun
02-14-2013, 22:45

1 drop on barrel
1 drop on cruciform

NADA

If that's what it takes to make a Glock run--then run from Glock toward something else!

WT
02-14-2013, 22:55
It's like a puppy. Once you get them trained and broken in they last for at least 15 years.

25 years ago my G19 as stodgy. A geezer recommended the treatment I presented. Been working great since then.

I cannot argue with success.

There is great information available on GT if one can get past the automatic response 'I never saw that before. It ain't gonna' work." That turns out to be a self fullfilling prophecy.

Someday I will talk about the importance of Chrest toothpaste and revolver actions.

SARDG
02-15-2013, 06:47

1 drop on barrel
1 drop on cruciform
With more than a dozen Glocks (all purchased new except one) I've never had a Glock that didn't work perfectly out of the box, including 2 Gen4s.

...and it's 6 drops:
1 on connector
2 on barrel
3 on slide
... and lately Glock has said another where the barrel locks up with the slide.

Joshhtn
02-15-2013, 07:18
Tagged.

wagonm
02-15-2013, 10:25

You sounded ike one of those fan boys on KahrTalk :supergrin:

Tiro Fijo
02-15-2013, 10:43

Kahr says to lube their guns like a Hong Kong hooker and shoot 200 rds. to mate parts right off the bat. :supergrin:

Boxerglocker
02-15-2013, 10:58

maybe KTOG :whistling:

SARDG
02-15-2013, 13:33
Love my PM-9, too. ALL my guns work - what's wrong with ya'll?

JBarbaresi
02-17-2013, 19:56
just from the video i'm guessing it is something with the slide lock and/or the slide lock spring. make sure they are installed properly. if you field strip the slide from the frame is it hard to reassemble?

scosgt
02-17-2013, 21:08
I have a G27 EXO that I bought new. Out of the box I was getting PSL. I changed to an extended slide release, no more problems ever.
Since the gun is finished at an outside contractor, my biggest concern would be improper assembly.
Detail strip that puppy, clean and lube to spec, and put it back together. Good chance the firing pin safety is not in right, that would cause drag and FTF and FTE. Probably put the spring in sideways.

scosgt
02-17-2013, 21:14

This is very very similar to the issues with the G30. Take off the slide and look for drag marks on both sides of the FPS. Either the part that hits the safety needs to be stoned just a bit, or the safety spring is in wrong, or the safety is rough and needs polished.

This is obviously a problem with something interfering with the operation of the slide, and there is only one part that can really do that, unless the camming surface on the bottom of the barrel is out of whack.

scosgt
02-17-2013, 21:15
Also make sure the ejector housing is proper. It could drag on the slide, although I doubt that is it.

As well, speaking of the extractor, since this was done in an outside shop, they could have installed the wrong extractor when they put it back together. They also do G27's with the finish, the wrong extractor would cause all kinds of problems.

voyager4520
02-18-2013, 10:34
It wouldn't hurt to detail strip and make sure all of the parts are correct. It's unlikely but possible that they installed the wrong extractor, or forgot to reinstall the spring loaded bearing. It could be an out-of-spec extractor that doesn't move freely enough and needs to be replaced.

scosgt
02-18-2013, 11:27
It wouldn't hurt to detail strip and make sure all of the parts are correct. It's unlikely but possible that they installed the wrong extractor, or forgot to reinstall the spring loaded bearing. It could be an out-of-spec extractor that doesn't move freely enough and needs to be replaced.

Yes, the wrong spring loaded bearing could cause similar problems as the extractor would not have the proper tension.

michael_b
02-18-2013, 12:03
I don't think I've ever shot a g19/17 that was ammo picky.

Some WWB and some remington. Not an ammo issue, the remington is all from the same 1,000 lot that hasn't had a problem prior and today I sent 300~ rounds of it down range in an XD9 and a MP5. Zero issues.

Yes to your last two questions.

I'll get a video up in a few.

I can't stand WWB ammo. I had one bad experience and never again.

That being said- one tip that was suggested in these forums really helped my Gen4 Glock 17 with the latest RSA.

The suggestion was the lock the slide open and leave it stored that way for a month or so. I think mine stayed that way for two months. I haven't had an issue since. Not sure if its coincidence or not.

To me it sounds like the RSA might not be seated properly against the barrel lug. Just an idea.

I would fully field strip it, lube it, double check everything and make sure the bottom of the slides and the grooves for the slide rails is clear- that extra finish didn't pool up in those groves maybe? Just another idea - that may be completely off base lol.

yellolab
02-18-2013, 13:02
FYI, once I got past ~50 rounds, mine has been perfect. I think I had 3 stovepipes in the first 15 shots though.

Kevin

guns54
02-18-2013, 14:00
Do WHAT Arc-Angel said,Ill bet it takes care of it.

MolonLabeXD
02-18-2013, 19:59
Reports like this are exactly why I picked up a Gen3 G19 about a week ago. I've heard to many horror stories about the gen 4's. My gen3 has had Zero problems!! I hope glock is addressing the issues...

vtducrider
02-18-2013, 23:17
I have a Gen 3 G19 EXO that ejects brass erratically. Called Glock, and the technician immediately points out the malfunction is caused by the aftermarket finish. The recommendation is to send the gun back to Glock and they will evaluate the root cause. I don't have a lot of confidence that 1, they will be able to fix the gun and 2, they will do any work under warranty. So I am going to try the 30274 ejector next. The APEX extractor by itself did not fix the problem.