Glock "+" and "+2" Mag Extensions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock "+" and "+2" Mag Extensions

Tornado_Racing
01-13-2013, 06:45
Hey guys,

I was wondering the differences between the older Glock +2 and the newer + extensions? I've seen the + are a 2 piece design and the older +2 are just the extension. Are they the same thing but with a new spring retainer? The newer ones seem to make disassembly easier though.

kenndapp
01-13-2013, 07:07
Hey guys,

I was wondering the differences between the older Glock +2 and the newer + extensions? I've seen the + are a 2 piece design and the older +2 are just the extension. Are they the same thing but with a new spring retainer? The newer ones seem to make disassembly easier though.

Yup....... The old ones just kind of snap on with very little retention. The new ones have a retention floor plate that does indeed work. They are good to go. On anoither note...
If ANYONE knows where I can find some glock OEM "new style" plus 2 adapters with floor plates.......LET ME KNOW.

Tornado_Racing
01-13-2013, 07:25
B'tach has them showing in stock. I would call before ordering to assure inventory is correct.

Arc Angel
01-13-2013, 07:33
Yup ....... The old ones just kind of snap on with very little retention. The new ones have a retention floor plate that does indeed work. They are good to go. On anoither note ...

If ANYONE knows where I can find some glock OEM "new style" plus 2 adapters with floor plates ....... LET ME KNOW.

Have you tried, 'the big three' aftermarket parts suppliers? (Glockmeister, Glockparts.com, and LWD) 'Ed's Sport Shop' in Tamaqua, PA had a bunch of them in stock two weeks ago; but, that was two weeks ago. Right now, who knows?

(There's been a terrific run on guns and ammo around here. Several of the smaller gun shops have had to close their doors until new inventory arrives. Yesterday a local gun dealer told me that he sold out arriving new inventory, twice now, in a matter of hours after getting it in.)

'Ed's Public Safety' in Stockbridge, GA might have what you're looking for. 'Ed's P.S' is a terrifically good Glock dealer. B'Tach might have them, too; but B'Tach is not a terrifically good gun dealer. CDNN is, also, another place I'd suggest looking.

kenndapp
01-13-2013, 08:02
The big 3 and ****** are out even though the product is not marked accordingly. I hate that. I have 3 failed orders in the past 2 weeks which resulted in only a temporary pending charge on my card followed by an email.

Tornado_Racing
01-13-2013, 08:05
Is there anything wrong with the older +2 extensions? I've got a source to pick em up for $5 each shipped.

kenndapp
01-13-2013, 08:10
Is there anything wrong with the older +2 extensions? I've got a source to pick em up for $5 each shipped.

If you drive the mag home hard enough they will pop off resulting in a speed dump. I would not use the older ones for anything other than training.

Sand
01-14-2013, 10:11
How do you tell the difference between old and new?
TKS,

Yup....... The old ones just kind of snap on with very little retention. The new ones have a retention floor plate that does indeed work. They are good to go. On anoither note...
If ANYONE knows where I can find some glock OEM "new style" plus 2 adapters with floor plates.......LET ME KNOW.

kenndapp
01-14-2013, 10:14
How do you tell the difference between old and new?
TKS,

if they just slide on with no retention floor plate....they are old, and no good. if they have a retention insert/floor plate....they are new, and rock solid.