Umm what the hell is going on? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Umm what the hell is going on?

RYT 2BER
01-13-2013, 14:18
You know... I get the craziness with stuff like AK's, AR's and mags and such.

But why the hell is everything under the sun selling for totally overpriced numbers?

I mean regular semi auto shotguns like Mossberg spx are going for like a grand on gun broker???! Every firearm for sale is going for ridiculous premiums?

Why is this crap affecting stuff that wouldn't even be related to potential new legislation... Primers....powder...ammo...firearms that have nothing to do with anything. :dunno:

Haldor
01-13-2013, 14:23
I just bought a new in box PS90 for $2000 at the gun show yesterday.

I sold a Saiga carbine in 5.56 for $750 today.

There are a ton of buyers out there looking to get a gun, and if they can't find what they want, then they buy what they can find. I am not complaining, except for the PS90 I had everything I wanted.

jakebrake
01-13-2013, 14:43
this madness isn't going to be clearing up any time soon, i'm guessing.

G29SFWTF
01-13-2013, 15:06
You know... I get the craziness with stuff like AK's, AR's and mags and such.

But why the hell is everything under the sun selling for totally overpriced numbers?

I mean regular semi auto shotguns like Mossberg spx are going for like a grand on gun broker???! Every firearm for sale is going for ridiculous premiums?

Why is this crap affecting stuff that wouldn't even be related to potential new legislation... Primers....powder...ammo...firearms that have nothing to do with anything. :dunno:

People don't trust Obama and the Democrats on guns because they know their ultimate goal is total gun confiscation.

Obama is the most liberal president in US history with no more elections to worry about and a media that will never challenge him and the only thing standing in his way is a bunch of Republicans in the House that couldn't find their own asses with both hands and a flashlight.
---

Illinois Dems advance gun control bills; handguns, pump shotguns in ban

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...roup-warns-no/ (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/02/illinois-dems-press-forward-with-gun-control-bills-firearms-group-warns-no/)

---------------------------
Feinstein said on CBS-TV's 60 Minutes, February 5, 1995, "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."
---------------------------

samuse
01-13-2013, 15:25
I love it.

I hope the firearms buying frenzy lasts for about four more years.

It's a helluva statement.

Spiffums
01-13-2013, 15:45
The few Blue States talking about banning all semi autos pushed the panic into all modern guns.

CajunBass
01-13-2013, 17:21
Which would you rather see?

Thousands of people buying guns and ammo, (I.E. Voting with their feet).

Or,

Everybody just giving a yawn and saying, "Big deal. They might ban guns."

Warp
01-13-2013, 17:24
I love it.

Absolutely!

Whenever somebody, esp one I know leans 'liberal', says something about hwo crazy the buying is (or a 'liberal' is around to hear/read it), I say....the people have spoken

Dawolf
01-13-2013, 18:11
Seeing Biteme Biden and Anyway-anyhow Holder holding court over the "gun Issue" if there was not a lot of panic going, then we are truly all Obama-Stepford zombies..........

GAFinch
01-13-2013, 20:30
Hard to know what executive orders will be issued.

bac1023
01-13-2013, 20:39

Agreed

RYT 2BER
01-13-2013, 20:49

Well I'm not sure...

People credit cards will only go so far. I find it hard to believe that zillions of dollars in firearms and accessories have all sold in the last 4 weeks and its all in cash.

I'm guessing there are a lot of people out there with some significant debt right now due to frantic gun/accessories purchases :shocked: maybe I'm wrong though.

The_Gun_Guru
01-13-2013, 20:51
I love it.

Dude, you said it!!!!!:wavey:

People that have NEVER owned a gun in their life are buying them for the first time now....IT'S AWESOME!!!!

NObama is saying, "OOPS!":rofl:

I know that most of you don't believe that everything happens for a reason, but I do, and I believe that the tragedy in CT happened so that Americans would get off their couches and start being Americans again. This has lit a fire under people's butts and I think it will send a clear message to the POS in the White House that we will NEVER give up our guns!!!

If 2/3 of the population owns at least one gun and only 1% of that number refuses to turn them in, that is 2.5 MILLION guns pointed at the heads of confiscation squads across our nation.

I believe it would be over before it even begins!:wavey:

TGG

furioso2112
01-13-2013, 20:56
Imagine, when the next reasonable-to-gun-rights executive takes office, after any craziness is repealed, overridden by additional executive order, and the NFA is re-written/overridden, the deals that will abound. By then, the economy will be on the uptick, people will have recovered from their overbuying in the last few years, and there will be a whole new round of buying, uninfluenced by past legislation.

Heck, if global climate change and droughts keep progressing, there might be MORE guns than blades of grass in the US (that could be worked into a statement about marijuana, too, I'm sure - at some point, foreign nations considering US invasion might be quoted to comment that there will be more guns than grass, and a bullet in every bong - something like that).

The_Gun_Guru
01-13-2013, 21:33
Imagine, when the next reasonable-to-gun-rights executive takes office, after any craziness is repealed, overridden by additional executive order, and the NFA is re-written/overridden, the deals that will abound. By then, the economy will be on the uptick, people will have recovered from their overbuying in the last few years, and there will be a whole new round of buying, uninfluenced by past legislation.

Heck, if global climate change and droughts keep progressing, there might be MORE guns than blades of grass in the US (that could be worked into a statement about marijuana, too, I'm sure - at some point, foreign nations considering US invasion might be quoted to comment that there will be more guns than grass, and a bullet in every bong - something like that).

Hey, that's why Japan didn't invade in the 40's. They feared OUR GUNS!

The government should fear them too....if they are smart.

TGG

Kalmah
01-13-2013, 21:35
Hard to know what executive orders will be issued.
Exactly.

He could very well go after ammo and/or ammo components just as easily, or even more easily than black rifles or hi cap magazines.

At this point, there's no way to know what's safe and what isn't.

Glockdude1
01-13-2013, 21:37
2009 was a crazy year for guns/ammo.

:cool:

The_Gun_Guru
01-13-2013, 22:33
Exactly.

He could very well go after ammo and/or ammo components just as easily, or even more easily than black rifles or hi cap magazines.

At this point, there's no way to know what's safe and what isn't.

They can go after whatever they want, it's just going to add fuel to the fire.

American gun owners are sick and tired of liberal trash trying to get rid of the guns, a fundamental right given to us by the framer's of the Constitution, and we're not going to put up with it any longer.

It's now or never.

Do or DIE!!!!!:wavey:

TGG

Kalmah
01-13-2013, 22:53

American gun owners are sick and tired of liberal trash trying to get rid of the guns, a fundamental right given to us by the framer's of the Constitution, and we're not going to put up with it any longer.

It's now or never.

TGG
There are lots of gun owners out there, but how many are willing to put up a fight, and how many are willing to just roll over and take whatever comes?

I've seen a lot of the, "They're not going after my elk rifle, so I really don't care what they ban." type of attitude in the last few weeks.

ArmoryDoc
01-14-2013, 00:20

It's now or never.

TGG

I read in your posts an exuberance, and a confidence that gun owners have the edge and will garner a momentum the .gov can't, or won't challenge.

I caution you about underestimating the opponent. And I also caution you about over estimating our resolve. Remember, he was voted in twice.

G29SFWTF
01-14-2013, 05:31
I read in your posts an exuberance, and a confidence that gun owners have the edge and will garner a momentum the .gov can't, or won't challenge.

I caution you about underestimating the opponent. And I also caution you about over estimating our resolve. Remember, he was voted in twice.

ArmoryDoc has hit it exactly.

When Obama began his health care takeover, first they said "oh remember how Bill and Hillary crashed on these same rocks, Obama will too."

Then they said "oh he wouldn't dare pass something this large with ONLY democrat votes." And then they did.

Then they said "The polls! The polls! The people are against it!" but it didn't matter, Obama shoved it down America's throat.

Then they said "Look at the town hall meetings! The people are out in force and Dems are running scared!" So the dems passed Obamacare in the dead of night.

Then they said "but Obama didn't campaign on the individual mandate! He wouldn't risk the backlash of passing it now". butit didn't matter.

Then they said "oh we got Scott Brown elected to the Senate in a blue state before Obamacare was passed, this will stop it!" but it didn't matter.

Then they said "oh Dennis Kucinich will never agree to vote yes with the current abortion language." and then he was bought off with a ride on air force one.

Then they said "oh the blue dog Democrats in the House will never vote yes on Obama care". Then they rolled over at the sound of Pelosi's shrill command.

Then they said "ok Obamacare passed but the Supreme Court will stop it due to the obvious commerce clause problem and the fact that it was in no way written or sold as a tax." Then Chief Justice Forrest Gump decided that he didn't want to tarnish his legacy with a partisan ruling so he invented some facts and did what he wanted.

THEN they said "Ok Obamacare passed, and the Supreme Court upheld but Obama will NEVER win re-election! The people! The people!" But they forgot we had a GOP candidate who was barely to the right of Obama on many things and the father of Romneycare.

At what point will people learn? Obama's election throws out all the old rules and precedents. The media is heavily invested and critics are silenced with charges of racism. They will wash/rinse/repeat for the next four years and there is no limit to what they will do.

ArmoryDoc
01-14-2013, 05:51
I yield to the man G29SFWTF. You have pegged, fought, bought and won the reasons why I cautioned in my post. Everything you say is the proven truth and THAT'S the reasons we're in so much DEEP CRAP.

But sir, you forgot one very important thing......
WE LET IT HAPPEN AND WE'LL LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN, and again, and again, and again....

klmmicro
01-14-2013, 06:26
There are a lot of pissed off people of all walks of life that will not simply roll over. Active duty and veterans that have not forgotten their oaths. LEO that will not back illegal (read unconstitutional) orders from upon high. It is for certain, there are going to be many more people that realize the price of protecting their liberties is "too high" that will give up and be swallowed by the system.

I believe that the slave masters that are striving for dominance would have more than a little trouble crushing out the dedicated rebellious. Not everyone will give up and the first signs of pressure and there are more and more teeth entering into the general population now.

HexHead
01-14-2013, 07:09
ArmoryDoc has hit it exactly.

When Obama began his health care takeover, first they said "oh remember how Bill and Hillary crashed on these same rocks, Obama will too."

Then they said "oh he wouldn't dare pass something this large with ONLY democrat votes." And then they did.

Then they said "The polls! The polls! The people are against it!" but it didn't matter, Obama shoved it down America's throat.

Then they said "Look at the town hall meetings! The people are out in force and Dems are running scared!" So the dems passed Obamacare in the dead of night.

Then they said "but Obama didn't campaign on the individual mandate! He wouldn't risk the backlash of passing it now". butit didn't matter.

Then they said "oh we got Scott Brown elected to the Senate in a blue state before Obamacare was passed, this will stop it!" but it didn't matter.

Then they said "oh Dennis Kucinich will never agree to vote yes with the current abortion language." and then he was bought off with a ride on air force one.

Then they said "oh the blue dog Democrats in the House will never vote yes on Obama care". Then they rolled over at the sound of Pelosi's shrill command.

Then they said "ok Obamacare passed but the Supreme Court will stop it due to the obvious commerce clause problem and the fact that it was in no way written or sold as a tax." Then Chief Justice Forrest Gump decided that he didn't want to tarnish his legacy with a partisan ruling so he invented some facts and did what he wanted.

THEN they said "Ok Obamacare passed, and the Supreme Court upheld but Obama will NEVER win re-election! The people! The people!" But they forgot we had a GOP candidate who was barely to the right of Obama on many things and the father of Romneycare.

At what point will people learn? Obama's election throws out all the old rules and precedents. The media is heavily invested and critics are silenced with charges of racism. They will wash/rinse/repeat for the next four years and there is no limit to what they will do.

You can't compare the passing of 0bamacare to this. He had a Democrat controlled House too for that.

G29SFWTF
01-14-2013, 08:13
You can't compare the passing of 0bamacare to this. He had a Democrat controlled House too for that.

Can you not see that this is the exact same type of "never happen because..." logic that we heard during the Obamacare debacle?

Furthermore, do a search for: Obama bypass congress

and then tell me that it matters who controls the House.

Haldor
01-21-2013, 07:40
Well I'm not sure...

People credit cards will only go so far. I find it hard to believe that zillions of dollars in firearms and accessories have all sold in the last 4 weeks and its all in cash.

I'm guessing there are a lot of people out there with some significant debt right now due to frantic gun/accessories purchases :shocked: maybe I'm wrong though.

I just bought a PS90 for cash. Don't assume others are feckless without evidence.

bustedknee
01-21-2013, 11:40
Reminds me of the Greek philosopher Diogenes.

The city of Corinth was under siege. People were busy fortifying the walls. Some were carrying stones, others were patching the walls, whole others were building battlements.

Diogenes, not wanting to remain idle while everyone around him was working frantically, diligently rolled his barrel, (that he slept in), back and forth along the battlements.

When people feel threatened, they experience the need to do something.

arclight610
01-21-2013, 12:24
I sold a Taurus 66 on GB yesterday for $550. 45 watchers at the end.

NEOH212
01-21-2013, 12:39

Because there are people stupid enough to pay that much.

Warp
01-21-2013, 12:53
I saw an awful lot of people calling New York residents who were buying up everything they could, at inflated prices, all kinds of names, with "stupid" being one of the nicer ones. Turns out that they were a LOT smarter than all of you as they are now prohibited from purchasing many of those items.

I see a lot of people making themselves look like ignorant buffoons with their name calling and labeling of others.

How about we lay off of insulting other people?

Sharkey
01-21-2013, 12:57
You must remember, the majority wants this. You are now in the minority if you clamor for liberty.

jdeere_man
01-21-2013, 18:12
Well I'm not sure...

I dont know. I've sold about $4000 worth of guns and about $2000 worth of mags In the past 20 days. I'm not in the gun business, but I can take credit cards and it's been 100% cash.

hotpig
01-21-2013, 20:35
Everything is under attack either at the Federal or state level. Many items at both.

hotpig
01-21-2013, 20:45
There are lots of gun owners out there, but how many are willing to put up a fight, and how many are willing to just roll over and take whatever comes?

I've seen a lot of the, "They're not going after my elk rifle, so I really don't care what they ban." type of attitude in the last few weeks.

I have only had two customers come in since Sandy Hook that oppose further restrictions and bans. The rest were FUDDS that see no reason to own hand guns or rifles larger than 22lr. However some of these guys did buy some of that evil stuff.

*ASH*
01-21-2013, 20:48
I dont know. I've sold about $4000 worth of guns and about $2000 worth of mags In the past 20 days. I'm not in the gun business, but I can take credit cards and it's been 100% cash.

unless your are licensed dealer , you might wanna be careful with postings like that , you might get a visit . if not a dealer , buying alot and turn around and resale for much higher prices is illegal . it makes you a business. hope you got ffl :wavey:

hotpig
01-21-2013, 20:53
unless your are licensed dealer , you might wanna be careful with postings like that , you might get a visit . if not a dealer , buying alot and turn around and resale for much higher prices is illegal . it makes you a business. hope you got ffl :wavey:

He is the gun show loop hole.

I had a customer come in on the day of Sandy Hook and buy three AR for just under 2800.00 with tax.

He is running a ad in the local paper for 2500.00 each. I'm positive he will get it.

Warp
01-21-2013, 20:56
He is the gun show loop hole.

Probably not. Many, if not most, of the people flipping are selling online and shipping the guns, which means the buyer fills out a 4473 and undergoes the legally required background check(s) at the dealer.

hotpig
01-21-2013, 21:14
The loop hole is the face to face sales with no back ground checks. Probably happens millions of times per year at work places, gun shows, duck blinds, and pretty much every other place men meet.

Warp
01-21-2013, 21:16
The loop hole is the face to face sales with no back ground checks. Probably happens millions of times per year at work places, gun shows, duck blinds, and pretty much every other place men meet.

We are well aware of what the "loop hole" is.

I am simply pointing out that there is a good chance that your statement was incorrect.

hotpig
01-21-2013, 21:19
I assumed since jdeere_man said cash he was doing face to face sells.

jdeere_man
01-21-2013, 22:14

so you're telling me it is against the law to sell some of my guns and magazines I have bought over the pas 8 years?

I think you have no idea what you're talking about.

hotpig
01-21-2013, 22:23
He is right, but if you are just a guy selling a few guns this one time or on a rare occasion it is ok.

If you are a guy who is constantly wheeling and dealing for guns to sell for a profit than you crossed the line.

jdeere_man
01-21-2013, 22:52
He is right, but if you are just a guy selling a few guns this one time or on a rare occasion it is ok.

If you are a guy who is constantly wheeling and dealing for guns to sell for a profit than you crossed the line.

I'm glad you can make a statement unlike the other poster without assuming i'm in the arms black market. I hardly ever sell guns I own, but I had a few duplicates and now is a good time to move them. Did the other poster stop to think I said $4000, not 40,000$. Four thousand dollars in today's market is not even 3 decent firearms if they're evil.

So hotpig i'm not necessarily picking at you here, but I hear people saying this time and time again, but I've never seen a statue that limits the amount of guns I could buy and sell and how long I have to keep them. The only thing I am aware of where this can get you into trouble is with a c&r 03ffl if it looks like you are buying guns to resale.

silentpoet
01-21-2013, 23:09
I am debating selling my Norinco UZI to finance a USP 45. Probably depends on what my tax return looks like.

cowboy1964
01-21-2013, 23:43

First, semi-auto shotguns will be part of the AWB, just like ARs and AKs.

Second, I'm not seeing ridiculous prices for handguns, especially lower capacity ones. Maybe a slight increase but the auctions I monitor show them to not being sold either.

hotpig
01-22-2013, 09:32
So hotpig i'm not necessarily picking at you here, but I hear people saying this time and time again, but I've never seen a statue that limits the amount of guns I could buy and sell and how long I have to keep them. The only thing I am aware of where this can get you into trouble is with a c&r 03ffl if it looks like you are buying guns to resale.

ATF Regulations come and go. Some they give us I have never seen in writing.

My Agent said she would like to see me move over 200 guns PER YEAR minimum to keep my FFL.

I talked to other FFL and they were never given a number. So long as they are not just buying a few guns for some buddies and themselves they are ok.

Just going from memory they like to see you owning thing for a couple of years before you start selling. Maybe some one will post a more accurate number or confirm mine.

Makes me wonder just how much discretion they have.

mjkeat
01-22-2013, 09:58
A better question would be - Why are they targeting semi-automatic sporting rifles when they are only used in 1%-7% of murders?

faawrenchbndr
01-22-2013, 10:00
A better question would be - Why are they targeting semi-automatic sporting rifles when they are only used in 1%-7% of murders?

selected weapons would be the biggest threat to those who wish
to disarm the American populace.

hotpig
01-22-2013, 10:09
Some of the States also have targeted semi auto pistols. The traditional hunters will not fight to save anything other than their hunting guns. It is much easier to divide and conquer than to take all gun owners on.

Besides there have never been any crime committed with a revolver or pump shot gun.