Gun Control Anchor Smackdown [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun Control Anchor Smackdown

glock031
01-13-2013, 16:15
http://youtu.be/ECxDvwObwZk

collim1
01-13-2013, 16:31
He did a good job of calling him on his BS right from the start. That anchor clearly did not want to play fair, and his interviewee came mentally prepared. Good job.

PISTOLHUNTER
01-13-2013, 16:34
lol That was fun to watch.

glock031
01-13-2013, 16:36
Gun grabber argument - FAIL

TSAX
01-13-2013, 16:52
Gee, was he in a hurry to get out of there, the old guy just got served.

:50cal:

stradicfanatic
01-13-2013, 16:54
Is it just me or is there nothing in the OP? What did I miss?!

hogship
01-13-2013, 17:02
That was just great!

ooc

oldman11
01-13-2013, 17:05
Yeah, that anchor got smacked down good. He tried switching words around and then tried the old bait and switch and got caught in his own trap.

Bren
01-13-2013, 17:06
The pro-gun guy was very intelligent and well-prepared and the anchor was not (in fact, he was very typical of gun opponents in his lack of knowledge). That is a bright spot among higher profile black marks like Alex Jones and James Yeager.

ithaca_deerslayer
01-13-2013, 17:08
At 3:20, the guest made a huge error. He agreed with the incorrect statement that fully automatic rifles have been used in recent mass murders. He let the journalist persist with the misunderstanding that "assault weapons" are automatic.

oldnoob
01-13-2013, 17:17
Very nice. Liked it and shared.

ithaca_deerslayer
01-13-2013, 17:24
The ignorance of that journalist was astounding. I'm starting to think the more they know about guns the better off we will be in this debate.

Next time this sort of question arises of why we need "assault weapons", we better ask them first if they can define "assault weapon".

Glockdude1
01-13-2013, 17:26
Good job.

:thumbsup:

hogship
01-13-2013, 17:29
Next time this sort of question arises of why we need "assault weapons", we better ask them first if they can define "assault weapon".

......AND, if they think police should be banned from having them, too. That is, since the police have the same issues dealing with the criminal element as a private citizen does.

ooc

concretefuzzynuts
01-13-2013, 17:33
Some liberal got his ass handed to him!

DonD
01-13-2013, 17:46
Good video but I wish he had better defined the terms. We all know that AR-15s are not assault weapons, the media loves that term because it incites fear in the unknowing.

I'm almost surprised the talking head didn't shut the interview off when he must have realized that he was being made out to be a fool.

I think a huge majority of non gun owners and a disturbing number of gun owners think AR-15s ARE assault weapons and think they're fully automatic. Sad but I think true. Don

collim1
01-13-2013, 17:49
Good video but I wish he had better defined the terms. We all know that AR-15s are not assault weapons, the media loves that term because it incites fear in the unknowing.

I'm almost surprised the talking head didn't shut the interview off when he must have realized that he was being made out to be a fool.

I think a huge majority of non gun owners and a disturbing number of gun owners think AR-15s ARE assault weapons and think they're fully automatic. Sad but I think true. Don

The common misconceptions that people uneducated about firearms amazes me. I married into a family that knew nothing about guns and were not gun owners that bought into the common misconceptions.

After introducing them to shooting they really enjoyed it and now own several guns including an AR15 and semi-auto handguns and strongly support the 2A.

Amazing what a little education can do.

Scott3670
01-13-2013, 18:11
Wow, that was fun to watch. And I'm also a member of the WVCDL, so I'm very proud of Keith for giving the commentator a real beat-down.

MNBud
01-13-2013, 18:25
At 3:20, the guest made a huge error. He agreed with the incorrect statement that fully automatic rifles haves bee used in recent mass murders. He let the journalist persist with the misunderstanding that "assault weapons" are automatic.
I also caught that comment and I'm sure that the guest didn't catch it because at another point he corrected him on the auto/semi auto weapon.

MotoGlock
01-13-2013, 18:38
Great vid.

tglahn17
01-13-2013, 18:43
Wow,

I felt sorry for that newsman. Someone should point him to Castle Rock v. Gonzales (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/28scotus.html).

janice6
01-13-2013, 18:52
I want a Grenade launcher. I need it to "protect myself". Practically, I cannot have ammunition for one.

What a dip-shot. He just pulled all this argument out of his butt to make an issue. he has no facts to work with, it's just personal opinions based on emotion. This is another indictment of the so called "news media". he is trying to "make news", not report news.

He is so emotionally involved with a fear of guns, I would put him on a list of persons not mentally fit to posses firearms.

nursetim
01-13-2013, 18:59
Great job but he got drawn in a couple of times with the use of assault weapon term. He was good in the beginning at setting the record straight and again towards the end. But in the middle he got sucked in at least once and maybe twice. Great defusing the nuclear weapon idiocy. We need guys like him and Ben Shapiro and less Alex jones and la Pierre.

ancient_serpent
01-13-2013, 19:11
Holy crap, that dude ate the anchors lunch!

racer88
01-13-2013, 19:16
Out-freakin'-standing!

I loved it that it freaked the host out when the guest announced he was armed. "You are?" "You AREN'T?"

glock031
01-13-2013, 19:22
We need more men like Keith Morgan publicly speaking for us. BTW he just posted in the ar15 thread......

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1421165_Anti_Gun_news_anchor_gets_his_ass_handed_to_him_repeatedly__Updated_with_youtube_link_.html

Beanie-Bean
01-13-2013, 19:30
"...you're armed right now?"

"And you aren't?"

Poor anchor due got completely owned. He should have done due diligence and researched the topic being discussed.

I especially liked the "projection" discussion. Thanks for sharing the video.

dougader
01-13-2013, 20:07
The ignorance of that journalist was astounding. I'm starting to think the more they know about guns the better off we will be in this debate.

Well, everyone knows it's a rifle with one of those "thingys" that fold up. :rofl:

I was hoping he would ask the guy to define an "assault weapon" too.

racer88
01-13-2013, 20:09
I especially liked the "projection" discussion. Thanks for sharing the video.

As the anchor / host was going on about his neighbor going "nuts" with an AK-47, I yelled out "PROJECTION!" Then Mr. Morgan calmly explained "psychological projection bias." LOVED IT!

Wurger
01-13-2013, 20:10
:cool:

This guy hit a home run!

Just shared it on Facebook.........spread this around!!!!!

9mmmountaineer
01-13-2013, 20:12
Best video I've seen posted yet. Bravo! Let's get him on national TV!

HarleyGuy
01-13-2013, 20:14
Very good!

I also saw a good segment concerning gun control yesterday on CNN with Don Lemon and two guest, one was the Sheriff from the county in GA where the mother shot the burglar the other day, and also a gun shop owner and former cop.

Both of these guys were very pro-gun and the gun shop owner had a lot of great ideas as to waht really needs to be done about violence in this country and it wasn't just about banning guns.

Agonizer
01-13-2013, 21:09
But, but, but...........

concretefuzzynuts
01-13-2013, 21:16
Go here and state that you want Keith Morgan to be our NRA spokesman.

https://contact.nra.org/contact-us.aspx

Nothing against Wayne but he is somewhat of a put off to many.

jdavionic
01-13-2013, 21:30
He did a nice job. I would have liked to see him dwell more on the history of the second amendment, but it's easier said than done when you have a left-wing anchor attacking. He mentioned a bit of history early on, but I think we need to continue to focus on the fact these "assault rifles" are exactly what our Founding Fathers had in mind. The civilians should have the same firearms as the military. I don't see the need to mention anything else - LE, home self defense, etc.

glockfanbob
01-13-2013, 21:38
Another great video to share to others, thanks for posting!

furioso2112
01-13-2013, 21:43
The best of the recent spate of interviews I've seen - relatively speaking, content was broad without (due to the guest's skill) becoming too disjointed. Not a beat down, but a reasonable discussion which one side clearly had a far better argument/response for.

Incidentally, I recently had a similar conversation (ARs not assault weapons, don't get into grenade launchers/nuclear weapons, founders did intend for civilians to have uninfringed access to the current typical infantry weapons, ARs have been used in self-defense, why do you think every civilian who has a gun will go crazy and kill the undeserving, why do you presume police are better trained and they need them not non-police citizens, 'getting rid of all the guns' is a pipe-dream, etc.) with a rabid-anti-individual gun rights ownership person, who, in Piers Morgan fashion, tended to just be loud and shout questions rapid-fire, would reluctantly admit my responses were valid and he lacked info to counter them, but, as this anchor, he did not ever intend to change his position, despite the inability to articulate a single coherent reason why his viewpoint was reasonable, or that mine was not. That is what the anti-gun lobby is all about.

The biggest change I've ever witnessed is my wife, who maintains that she is (very simply) "anti-gun" but she's glad that I am pro-gun, and sees a community and individual benefit to me (and people 'like' me) being pro-individual gun rights.

Fear Night
01-13-2013, 22:12
Oh my goodness, what a beatdown!

RJ's Guns
01-13-2013, 23:02
That anchor is a real ass. Typical anti-gun/gun-grabber crap by people that do not have a clue. This type of BS makes my blood pressure soar.

People are getting smarter about how to defend against this anti-gun/gun-grabber crap and the anti-gun/gun-grabbers do not know how to respond to facts and sensible arguments. They have had it their way for so long, without any real opposition, that this new approach is throwing them for a loop.

RJ

swtxtitan
01-14-2013, 00:35
I nearly lost it when the guest said "why are you talking about grenade launchers" that was funny as hell. Only part I wish that he would have corrected him on was the part about "assault rifles" in recent shootings. I wonder if there was ever an "assault rifle" in recent mass shootings? Anyone know?

hardint
01-14-2013, 01:01
That anchor had His head up Nancy Pelosie's _ss before the show for sure and he got his _ss handed to him.
I love the "I'm armed right now aren't you " you could see the Idiot shacking in his chair, what a PUTZ.

Nakanokalronin
01-14-2013, 01:20
At 3:20, the guest made a huge error. He agreed with the incorrect statement that fully automatic rifles have been used in recent mass murders. He let the journalist persist with the misunderstanding that "assault weapons" are automatic.

Yea, I saw that too.

BicycleDay43
01-14-2013, 02:01
People are getting smarter about how to defend against this anti-gun/gun-grabber crap and the anti-gun/gun-grabbers do not know how to respond to facts and sensible arguments. They have had it their way for so long, without any real opposition, that this new approach is throwing them for a loop.

RJ

It's really a beautiful thing to see. :wavey:

Also, Keith apparently replied in the AR-15 forum thread. Here's what he had to say:

"Thanks guys. That interview happened yesterday (aired today), and it was definitely a wild experience. My 16y/o son was in the control room with the producers while it was going on. And apparently, the reactions among this guy's employees were humorous while the interview was going on. As we were walking out, one of the producers said, "That was a GREAT interview.. and.... he's my boss. That's about all I can say." I just grinned at her. Nothing more needed said.

I really appreciate all the support in this thread. It was definitely an interesting experience for me..."

Bill Lumberg
01-14-2013, 11:50
There were some incorrect assertions regarding the similarity of threats facing law enforcement and the average citizen, but otherwise, this guy nailed it. We could do with more like him.

fnfalman
01-14-2013, 12:09

"Assault Weapons" are something that the gun community came up with and now it reaped what it sowed. There are no official definitions for assault rifles/battle rifles/assault weapons anywhere outside of the guns community. Not even the militaries that supposedly issue out "assault rifles" use these dumbass trumped up monikers.

This crap started in the early 1980s by gun zine writers and everybody clamored to be "hip" with it. Now it's being used to cram down our throats for the last fifteen years.

So, don't blame the liberals for "assault weapons".

fnfalman
01-14-2013, 12:10
Also, the way to win the argument is to outwit these fools. Not by just facts and figures alone, but by charisma and force of personality.

dkf
01-14-2013, 12:12
The anchors suit has to be made of wool because he is definitely a sheep.

JBnTX
01-14-2013, 12:38
Go here and state that you want Keith Morgan to be our NRA spokesman.

https://contact.nra.org/contact-us.aspx

Nothing against Wayne but he is somewhat of a put off to many.

The NRA needs to immediately hire Keith Morgan as it's national spokesman, and put him on as many national talk shows as possible.

fnfalman
01-14-2013, 13:06
The NRA needs to immediately hire Keith Morgan as it's national spokesman, and put him on as many national talk shows as possible.

Him and that young Jewish kid who made Piers Morgan look like a anti-semite.:rofl:

RJ's Guns
01-14-2013, 14:15
"Assault Weapons" are something that the gun community came up with and now it reaped what it sowed. There are no official definitions for assault rifles/battle rifles/assault weapons anywhere outside of the guns community. Not even the militaries that supposedly issue out "assault rifles" use these dumbass trumped up monikers.

This crap started in the early 1980s by gun zine writers and everybody clamored to be "hip" with it. Now it's being used to cram down our throats for the last fifteen years.

So, don't blame the liberals for "assault weapons".

That is a great point. The misuse of the term “assault rifle” has always irritated me. It has only been in the last few years that I have renewed my efforts to correct people incorrectly using the term to refer to semi-automatic assault rifle look-a-likes.

RJ

SigFTW
01-14-2013, 15:02
What an encouraging video of an intelligent Second Amendment advocate!

fnfalman
01-14-2013, 15:03
Hell, Kentucky Long Rifles and Brown Bess muskets were "assault" rifles back in the days. They were actually used in assaults.