Crappy ammo from Brazil [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Crappy ammo from Brazil

Dawolf
01-13-2013, 16:56
As a warning, I got my wife a new PPK/S for Christmas. We went to the range with 2 boxes of Magtech .380 97 gr. FMJ. There were numerous FTF's and almost as many FTE's in both boxes. Overall over 7 FTE's and 12 FTF's. Puzzled, i inspected the pistol, and found nothing wrong in comparing it my PPK, which has never had a issue. I went back to the range and ran 100 rounds of Win. white box, without a problem, than 2 magazines of Hornady FTX, also without a problem. Then just to make sure some of my reloads, once again no problems. My conclusion, the ammo was inspected by the Yaurus quality control crew.

JLA
01-13-2013, 17:27
Well crap. I bought a box of Magtech a couple weeks ago when I picked up my new .380 . I like to run different ammo to see which is best in my gun. Hope I didn't waste my $$.

Dawolf
01-13-2013, 19:07
Well crap. I bought a box of Magtech a couple weeks ago when I picked up my new .380 . I like to run different ammo to see which is best in my gun. Hope I didn't waste my $$.

If it had only been one of the boxes, I would say maybe a fluke, but as it was both:sigh: