Glock 30 'issue' mag & G30 Factory Mag... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 30 'issue' mag & G30 Factory Mag...

chrisbroz
01-13-2013, 18:12
Anyone know WHY the mag that comes with the G30 is a TEN rounder while the Factory replacement is only NINE rounds??? Doan' make no sense...to me - Am I missing something???

CB in FL

DocWills
01-13-2013, 18:23
yes, its ten extended, flush 9 shot and 13 round extended.:supergrin:

DannyR
01-13-2013, 19:01
G30 factory magazines come in 9-round and 10-round varieties.

chrisbroz
01-13-2013, 20:19
My Glock 30, waiting for me at the local gunstore, sports a plus one extender on a nominally ten rounder - I've ordered TWO two plus extenders for my 45 mags and one 2 plus for my G35 from Brownells, as well as a "Hi-cap" (to the crassly ignorant) - normal capacity to those of us intelligent owners for the G35 - all are on backorder...the state of Florida had reached (as I understand) the 1 million mark of CCW holders...certainly enough to give serious pause to miscreants of ALL STRIPES (including those in DC who purport to control us...let malefactors and miscreants beware - Floridians take their 2A rights seriously.

CB in FL

SiGlockBoy
01-14-2013, 08:58
Although I have not used any 45 + extensions in the 30 personally, you might want to search some old threads on the 30 to see the issues they had. I have used nothing but the stock 10rd mags on my 30 and 30sf and have had no issues. I have had reports of problems with the extensions on the 45s where the mag springs were left unchanged. Not enough oomph to load last round or 2 reliably.

I have a lot of experience with the + extensions on the 9s and 40s with no ill effects. I can't get 2 more in but can get 1 more in on the 9s. No mag spring changes are needed with the 9s and 40s from my experience as these sorings are usually oversprung anyways.

The 36 mags don't seem to like the extensions either. Springs are pretty light stock to begin with. Totally different mag design though too.