Raven Concealment Systems and g21 sf [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Raven Concealment Systems and g21 sf

andez182
01-14-2013, 17:01
Hey there does anybody have any experience with raven holsters and concealed carry with them. I'm thinking about setting up my G21 sf gen 3 w/ surefire x300 with a light adaptable raven holster. I'm a pretty big guy and should be able to hide the g21 fine. I just wanted know if those holster are worth the 100$ plunge.

lyodbraun
01-14-2013, 17:55
I dont have any of the Raven products, but from what Ive read and heard there are alot of people that use their gear and love them, I think they make some fine looking holsters, and Think you will be very happy with Raven Concealment holsters... just my thoughts on it.. im sure some one that owns one will chime in on it.. good luck

fasteddie565
01-14-2013, 18:21
I have a raven rig for the same gear. I carry mine owb and it disappears under a "shoot me first." sport shirt. I used to carry a G 21 as an edc, but was still surprised at how well it carried, even with the light.

Opie 1 Kenopie
01-14-2013, 18:47
Raven is good kit, no doubt, but for a lot less money and ZERO WAIT TIME, I'd look at any number of other kydex makers. White Dog Holsters come to mind. They are cheaper and look/function EXACTLY like a Raven. I'm confused as to why guys wait 6+ months for custom Raven gear when there is identical stuff available for less money and you can have it in any color by the end of the week. If you are a guy who needs to have name-brand gear, by all means, pays you money and waits you time and get your Raven.

ratf51
01-14-2013, 20:32
Hey there does anybody have any experience with raven holsters and concealed carry with them. I'm thinking about setting up my G21 sf gen 3 w/ surefire x300 with a light adaptable raven holster. I'm a pretty big guy and should be able to hide the g21 fine. I just wanted know if those holster are worth the 100$ plunge.

I have three RCS Phantoms. My first was for my G22 with Insight M3X light. Great holster. If you are going to conceal a pistol with a light attached this is the way to go. My EDC is an RCS Phantom for my G23. The great thing about the RCS holsters is the ability to change out the belt loop attachments. I prefer the pancake wings; depending on how you want to carry you can shift from OWB to IWB and back with no trouble. IMHO, the holster is worth it.

andez182
01-14-2013, 21:45
Thanks for the input guys. I just placed an order for a Raven light compatible holster. There are just so many great review and ratf51, if you have three of them Raven must be doing something right! Besides it'll be a month wait after I take a CWP test, whenever i decide to take one.

ChiTownPicaro
01-14-2013, 23:50
I have heard great things about their holsters as well. They are supposed to be top notch.

par4buffett
01-15-2013, 21:55
I got the Raven Vangaurd 2 in November right after I got my 23/gen4 and love it. It is very comfortable, easy on and off. It you have issues with the Vangaurd, the phl skeleton is another iWb. It uses one strap like the raven, which I like. It shows less on the belt, less bulk than iWb with 2belt loops and allows for some cant if you want it. This link is a very good comparison of the two. I wear both a lot now, with my 23 and new 27/4. Phl wins points for easy draw and reholstering.

http://monderno.com/gear-reviews/phlster-skeleton-vs-raven-vanguard-2/

Lord
01-16-2013, 08:57
Raven is good kit, no doubt, but for a lot less money and ZERO WAIT TIME, I'd look at any number of other kydex makers. White Dog Holsters come to mind. They are cheaper and look/function EXACTLY like a Raven. I'm confused as to why guys wait 6+ months for custom Raven gear when there is identical stuff available for less money and you can have it in any color by the end of the week. If you are a guy who needs to have name-brand gear, by all means, pays you money and waits you time and get your Raven.

I agree with this. Ravens are expensive with insane wait times, but the product is really good. Another excellent alternative to them is crownholsters.com Same quality, much cheaper, and their wait time is only one week.

prez1967
01-17-2013, 20:32
I have CCW'd full size 1911s on my RCS holster... No issues at all. I cant see concealing a pistol with a light but whatever works for you...

10 fan
01-17-2013, 21:51
I have a raven for a G20 and X300 and works great,did wait forever. Might try one of the others next time, thanks for the others as I haven't heared of them.:cool:

SCmasterblaster
01-21-2013, 09:19
I have no experience with Raven. I am a Bianchi man - http://www.bianchi-intl.com/