Old Faithful Holsters [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Old Faithful Holsters

reghogs
01-14-2013, 17:21
Whats your opinion on there IWB holsters?

ManimalsKingdom
01-14-2013, 17:22
make sure you are using a 1.5 inch wide belt - their holsters wont fit anything larger
save money and get whatever holster in DIY kit form with the kydex already formed - save money and build it yourself - good fun

DB1985
01-14-2013, 23:50
I ordered a holster from them and have been using it for about 5 weeks now. The Old Faithful stage 3 kit is what I ordered. It's also my first hybrid IWB holster that I've ever had and I love it. I got mine during a sale they had and only paid around $41.00 and some change after shipping. Even at their standard price I still would have bought it and been very satisfied.

reghogs
01-15-2013, 18:05
Thanks. I am thinking about ordering one. Anybody else got an opinion?

zachste
01-15-2013, 20:50
Love mine, have had it for months, even have a couple different kydex shells I use on the same leather. Use code "KTOG" for I think 15% off

sglock45
01-15-2013, 21:22
ive had one for about 2 years now love love love it best hybreed holster out there get the stage 2 and build it your self

buckshotshorty
01-16-2013, 11:19
I think it is one of the highest quality holsters, and most comfortable holster out there. You can't go wrong with Old Faithful.

Scott30
01-16-2013, 15:35
I just put mine together yesterday. Very easy to do. Leather is top notch and is very supple with just bending by hand. Have not had a chance to wear it yet but have no doubt it will be outstanding.

SCC
01-20-2013, 22:23
You can join their web page and get a discount as well ( kydex forums )

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Evosil98
01-21-2013, 02:07
Are their holsters thicker than crossbreed?

Or does it add much bulk?

Thanks

F-111 John
01-21-2013, 05:19
I own three Old Faithful Holsters, an IWB for a J-Frame, and IWB for a G26, and an OWB for a Ruger SR22.

Great company, best value holster out there if you get the Stage III kit.

I don't own a Crossbreed, but the difference in Kydex thickness won't be noticable when wearing, other than the thicker Kydex stays open better for reholstering.

The only thing I don't like about the Old Faithful is the tabs at the bottom of the spring clips are a bit too long. When wearing the holster with a properly thick gun belt, the tabs stick out and you can snag your hand while accessing your pockets.

I wrote Old Faithful about this, and they are sending me some leather loops with directional snaps that they are experimenting with. When they get her I can report back my thoughts.

SCmasterblaster
01-21-2013, 09:07
http://www.bianchi-intl.com/

I like Bianchi.

Recalcitrant
01-21-2013, 10:52
I've an Old Faithful for my G19. It wasn't difficult to assemble and is comfortable. I adjusted the cant a little bit and am happy.

No complaints.

SCmasterblaster
01-21-2013, 10:56
I've an Old Faithful for my G19. It wasn't difficult to assemble and is comfortable. I adjusted the cant a little bit and am happy.

No complaints.

G19 - great choice!:cool::cool:

F-111 John
02-17-2013, 16:13
Just an update: Old Faithful sent me a pair of leather loops to replace the spring steel belt clips. They have directional snaps so they're not going to unsnap at the wrong time.

After wearing them for about 2 weeks, all I can say is I LOVE THEM! My only complaint with the original holster was the bottoms of the spring clips were scratching my hands up when I accessed my front and back pockets. These leather loops hold the holster just fine, allow you to slide your belt around a bit to center your buckle, and the loops allow front and back pocket access without scratching up your hand. (I know, I'm a baby.)

Old Faithful said they will have the leather loops available on their website in the near future. I can't wait to purchase a second pair for my other Old Faithful IWB holster, and buy a mag carrier with the leather loops.

Here's an image:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8509/8479810775_1c1b56d0e4_z.jpg

Recalcitrant
02-17-2013, 23:08
Just an update: Old Faithful sent me a pair of leather loops to replace the spring steel belt clips. They have directional snaps so they're not going to unsnap at the wrong time.

After wearing them for about 2 weeks, all I can say is I LOVE THEM! My only complaint with the original holster was the bottoms of the spring clips were scratching my hands up when I accessed my front and back pockets. These leather loops hold the holster just fine, allow you to slide your belt around a bit to center your buckle, and the loops allow front and back pocket access without scratching up your hand. (I know, I'm a baby.)

Old Faithful said they will have the leather loops available on their website in the near future. I can't wait to purchase a second pair for my other Old Faithful IWB holster, and buy a mag carrier with the leather loops.

Thanks for the update. I wouldn't mind leather straps for my holster. And incidentally, I also have the black with urban camo - nice choice!