You guys don't know it... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : You guys don't know it...

mist
01-14-2013, 17:33
...but you helped me make a decision.

I've been trying to decide what my next purchase was going to be. I already have a Glock 17 Gen 4, Smith M&P 9C and Kahr PM9. I'd considered quite a few, but the top two contenders for the latest desire were the Glock 26 Gen 4 and the Smith M&P Shield 9. Both were readily available to me for purchase. After perusing the posts on several boards and forums the past couple of weeks as well as reading / viewing review after review, the Glock 26 Gen 4 came out on top. I spied one in the LGS showcase this afternoon after spending some very rewarding range time with the Kahr. The strangest thing was that after picking it up, it seemed to stick to my hand and I couldn't put it down. I think Glock has secretly placed some type of adhesive in the frame, thus negating ones ability to let go of the pistol until the sale is consummated. Nevertheless, it followed me home and will continue to beckon until I return to the range and lambaste it thoroughly with many rounds of 9MM ammuinition. I'm eagerly looking forward to it. :woohoo:

lyodbraun
01-14-2013, 17:49
Congrats Enjoy your new Glock ..

ctfireman
01-14-2013, 17:51
Good choice. Your M&P 9c may start a collection its own............dust! I love everything about the M&P line except the trigger. Every time i drift away from Glock i always find my way back.

SJ 40
01-14-2013, 17:56
You worked it out with some advise,Great choice and Congrats. SJ 40

Bruce M
01-14-2013, 18:55
Enjoy your new Glock 26. As I have said here before (probably far more than anyone wishes to read again) I believe the G26 is about Glock's best.

mist
01-14-2013, 19:50
Forgot to mention, the Glock 21 is my issued duty pistol. I'm very happy with its performance.

I love everything about the M&P line except the trigger. Every time I drift away from Glock I always find my way back.

I agree with both points. My 9C "required" an Apex Tactical hard sear and ultimate striker block to make the trigger as it should've been from the start. And whenever I stray I also seem to always circle back to the Glock family.

I've carried the PM9 for just over ten years now and it has been flawless. It's going to take a heck of a pistol to share daily carry duties with it, but I'm hoping this 26 (my first) lives up to its reputation and fits that bill nicely.

krunkelton
01-14-2013, 20:01
ive only got to fire my g26 once (20 rounds) and i love it, feels great,accurate and not alot of kick for being so little (imo) i did have to add the pinky extensions to the factory mags. added goodies also are g17 and g19 magazines with x grip extenders (17 and 15 round mags)

tonyparson
01-14-2013, 20:03
Congrats!!