diamondback .380 opinions ..... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : diamondback .380 opinions .....

lifsey83
01-14-2013, 19:52
I picked up a diamondback .380 today to serve as a backup pistol . I know its not a target pistol. Just looking to see what people think of them...

I guess I should have said I got this as a trade ...

ddbtoth
01-14-2013, 20:39
Don't have one because it gets bad reviews--but like the size. Run it with 2-300 rounds to make sure it works right.

PaulMason
01-14-2013, 21:20
I picked up a diamondback .380 today to serve as a backup pistol . I know its not a target pistol. Just looking to see what people think of them...

I went with the s&w bodyguard. I didn't want to take the chance.

Why ask what people think after you bought it?

mr.scott
01-14-2013, 23:11
I have one and no issues.

PVolk
01-14-2013, 23:54
I rented a Diamondback a couple years ago. Aside from it biting me once, I thought it was a decent shooter. Better than expected at least. But I've also shot the S&W Bodygaurd and liked it much more.

Lowjiber
01-15-2013, 06:24
I understand Tarurus just bought Diamondback. Not the boat division, just the pistol "factory".

ChuteTheMall
01-15-2013, 07:09
In my opinion, you should have done your research before making the purchase.

lifsey83
01-15-2013, 07:14
I went with the s&w bodyguard. I didn't want to take the chance.

Why ask what people think after you bought it?

I got it in a trade for a knife..

PaulMason
01-15-2013, 08:52
I got it in a trade for a knife..

Worth a try then - I'd recommend Hornady Critical Defense and/or Federal Hydrashock for carry - I use both and alternate them in the mag.

One thing to check out is the serial number - most of the problems happened with the early #s - research that.

lifsey83
01-15-2013, 09:37
Worth a try then - I'd recommend Hornady Critical Defense and/or Federal Hydrashock for carry - I use both and alternate them in the mag.

One thing to check out is the serial number - most of the problems happened with the early #s - research that.

Thanks it was bought like two weeks ago and the guy never fired it .

poodleplumber
01-15-2013, 11:01
My experience is limited to one range session with a borrowed pistol. I was not impressed with fit and finish, and I thought it was quite snappy for the caliber, which is of course no surprise given its size. Most important, I could not shoot it with any accuracy at all, even when resting my hands on the bench. I came away quite unimpressed, but it was a sample size of one, so maybe I just had a lemon.

GlockFish
01-15-2013, 15:51
Oh, we waited for this gun to come out so much. We wanted it to be a nice, trouble free 380. It was so Glock-like! It was like the mini Glock Glock never made.

Then it actually came out. I don't think I've read 2 good reviews on it (except for the company website)

johnstein11
01-15-2013, 15:57
Well the DB9 is complete garbage, but maybe you'll get lucky. Like someone said, put 2-300 rounds through it before you trust your life with it.

gruntmedik
01-15-2013, 20:20
The 1st one I had wouldn't make it through a magazine without a stoppage, usually a fail to extract. Finally sent it back to Diamondback. They sent a new gun back to me. I took it out, with no cleaning or lube, and proceeded to run 300 rds through it. Had 1 FTF, but I'm certain it was my fault. Despite that, I just never completely trusted it.

I wound up trading it.

phil evans
01-15-2013, 21:28
sold db380, was unreliable.
sold db9mm, was unreliable.
i so wanted both of them to work as they are the thinnest mouse guns around.
380 sent back 3 times for broken pieces, 9mm sent back once gave me a new frame with new serial number, still would ftc, fte.
sold both for half price, felt like a beta tester for diamondback.

XshooterX
01-15-2013, 22:02
Had one and liked it. Traded it off though bc I just couldn't shoot it enough to trust it. It takes a little more when something has such bad reviews.
Couldn't justify buying .380 and couldn't justify reloading it either.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

hoghunter82
01-15-2013, 22:27
If you traded it for a knife then no biggie (unless that knife was a Randall Made Knife- then that was a huge mistake). Locally, Diamondback is far more popular as an AirBoat Company. Drive by sometime and see for yourself. Their reputation on the interwebs speaks for itself. But- run some ammo down the pipe. If u have no issues then either put it in a showcase as the sole example of a DB that functions reliably or shoot the heck out of it and enjoy. Hell, worse case scenario you are only out a knife.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

HiVel
01-16-2013, 15:37
they are junk-sorry

yellolab
01-16-2013, 16:47
There are crappy guns out there(see Taurus), but at least they run.
DB's don't.