New York Not Surprized At All!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New York Not Surprized At All!!!

cimpala
01-14-2013, 21:30
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Gun-Control-Assault-Weapons-Ban-Magazines-Limit-Cuomo-NY-186794151.html

Ammunition magazines would be restricted to seven bullets, from the current 10, and current owners of higher-capacity magazines would have a year to sell them out of state. An owner caught at home with eight or more bullets in a magazine could face a misdemeanor charge.

Ruggles
01-14-2013, 21:54
I guess 1911 sale should increase. I guess Kimber (in Yonkers) will have to start shipping with 7 rounders....

NY just started to suck a wee bit more..........

Firecop203
01-14-2013, 22:02
And so it starts.......

USMC03Grunt
01-14-2013, 22:02
The borders are open and Uhaul is renting!!!

hogship
01-14-2013, 22:06
An owner caught at home with eight or more bullets in a magazine could face a misdemeanor charge.

I find it odd this sentence is worded like this. This might mean that a blocked magazine of higher original capacity might be acceptable to NY law......if passed this way.

Furthermore, it could be that future sales would have the 7 shot restrictions, but all magazines that are adapted to 7 shots are legal.

Confusing, for sure, but it could mean that NY citizens will not have to sell anything.

If all of the above seems reasonable, then an enterprising entrepreneur could make base plates with a block going up through the spring, restricting the capacity.

Conversion back to the original capacity, would be easy.........

It could also mean that removal of the spring, follower and baseplate would render any high capacity magazine legal.

ooc

DonD
01-14-2013, 22:14
This is total crap. Most 9mm semi autos carry from 10-17 rds.

I think this garbage will have a very short half life. It will immediately be challenged and I suspect a quick injunction stopping its implementation.

Of course the rotten Cuomo will still win points with his rabid supporters. What a creep. Don

cfrye11
01-14-2013, 22:26
Bring on the misdemeanor.

molan labe

BigAlE
01-14-2013, 22:29
nyfirearms.com is being slammed so hard right now it is offline. People have been flooding the phone lines of our state reps all day long fighting this BS. Don't act like us NY gun owners arent putting up a fight.

bushhogg
01-14-2013, 22:31
Sure glad I live in a RED STATE

RJ 71
01-14-2013, 22:32
I just got done reading the bill that was introduced. What a complete piece of you know what. Registration of long guns. Background checks and records to be kept of all ammo purchases I can keep my current 10 round mags but can only put 7 bullets in them. Renewal of pistol permits every 5 years. And for those of you in free states you need a permit just to be able to legally touch a handgun already. Takes about a year to get one if they don't "lose the paperwork". Please excuse the rambling. Trying to sleep but I'm a little wound up right now. That dipstick Gov. Cuomo was smug as s#%* during the press conference cause he knows that this deal is already bought and paid for. Again sorry for the rambling.

SJ 40
01-14-2013, 22:34
The borders are open and Uhaul is renting!!!That would work. SJ 40

Ruggles
01-14-2013, 22:35
nyfirearms.com is being slammed so hard right now it is offline. People have been flooding the phone lines of our state reps all day long fighting this BS. Don't act like us NY gun owners arent putting up a fight.

I can see why it might appear that way, I do not think it what most of us non NY folks feel though. We are wishing you can do away with this crap :wavey:

NY has some good guns coming out of it (Henry and Kimber come to mind) and the state has a proud firearms heritage, just sad really it has come to this.

oldman11
01-14-2013, 22:41
Don't forget when you get up in the morning to hold your right arm straight and at a 45 degree raise and repeat SIEG HEIL COMRAD CUOMO! For you now live in a communist state.

HKLovingIT
01-14-2013, 22:52

We're rooting for you man. Serious.

G29SFWTF
01-14-2013, 23:15
First they came for New Yorkers and I was silent because I'm not a New Yorker...

Jim Watson
01-14-2013, 23:21
Wait til tomorrow, I doubt our big buddy Biden's plan for the whole country will be any less repressive.

janice6
01-14-2013, 23:33
Too bad the conservative congress isn't on our side. They certainly cave easy. My money and votes go to gun backers only.

ArmoryDoc
01-15-2013, 00:06
You in NY.

REFUSE TO COMPLY

Send it on. Let it roll across these United States.

GLJones
01-15-2013, 02:07
If they outlaw guns then only outlaws will have guns. This is how you turn law abiding citizens into criminals. When everyone is guilty of violating some law, they control everyone.

ctfireman
01-15-2013, 08:59
I would move.........like tomorrow.

oldnoob
01-15-2013, 11:27
It's funny to me that these "law makers" doesn't seems to be even slightly familiar with the topic they are making the law for.

glock2740
01-15-2013, 13:00
It's funny to me that these "law makers" doesn't seems to be even slightly familiar with the topic they are making the law for.
That's been standard MO for most of them for decades.

MarcDW
01-15-2013, 13:33
NY just criminalized how many good people??

CBennett
01-15-2013, 13:47
Moved out in 1992 wont move back. One of the main rreasons was their retarded gun rules..when I was a Police Officer in NYS it took me 6 MONTHS to get a pistol permit...even though id done everything they wanted before just to get into the academy and more..even though i was just coming off(and technically it had not run out yet) a top secret clearance..still took 6 months...I didnt need it I could carry under my badge # I just wanted it...NYS is a bunch of crap I wish any and all gun related businesses would just move OUT.

Anything to give them less revenue would be a plus. And you know what all this new stuff will do..not a damn thing to crime and make it harder for the "good guys" to get a gun...wont stop a damn thing from happening though.

Andy W
01-15-2013, 14:29
I hope you guys can put those sons of *****es back in their place in the Courts. Bull**** it doesn't restrict the second amendment. Guess what. The majority of weapons commonly chosen by law abiding citizens for personal defense hold more than 7 rounds.

Spiffums
01-15-2013, 15:28
NY is the litmus test. If they aren't in the streets with their NY legal ARs then no one will be in the streets.

Scrappy
01-15-2013, 15:38
Need to start a revolution!!!!! People unite!

JDSTG58
01-15-2013, 19:30

Bugs
01-15-2013, 20:21
NYS is a bunch of crap I wish any and all gun related businesses would just move OUT.

Anything to give them less revenue would be a plus. And you know what all this new stuff will do..not a damn thing to crime and make it harder for the "good guys" to get a gun...wont stop a damn thing from happening though.

Live in NY, furious right now. I quoted the above because of Remington Arms Illion, NY. local news is saying they make the majority of the "Bushmaster Assult Rifles" (for the record here in CNY, ANY AR style Rifle has been refered to as a Bushmaster in the loca media. Upwards of 1,000 jobs gone from NY if this does not get challenged & overturned.

Lot of history in Illion, old school plant, SICK museum... Gonna be sad to see it go

Ruggles
01-15-2013, 21:52
Nice how the law forces that magazines over 7 rounds to be sold "out of state"....I mean I guess the law makers in NY think the "deadly little things" are OK to send to a different state but not there. Hypocritical little snobs......

Sucks overall and sucks even more for NY.

Texas is working in something with firearms as well:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/steve-toth-gun-ban-texas_n_2482211.html

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conservative/2013/01/texas-state-rep-steve-toth-to-file-firearm-protection-act-2559438.html

God Bless Texas....

And Wyoming is pretty sweet too!

cimpala
01-16-2013, 18:54
Nice how the law forces that magazines over 7 rounds to be sold "out of state"....I mean I guess the law makers in NY think the "deadly little things" are OK to send to a different state but not there. Hypocritical little snobs......

Sucks overall and sucks even more for NY.

Texas is working in something with firearms as well:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/steve-toth-gun-ban-texas_n_2482211.html

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conservative/2013/01/texas-state-rep-steve-toth-to-file-firearm-protection-act-2559438.html

God Bless Texas....

And Wyoming is pretty sweet too!

Gotta Love Texas :supergrin::supergrin:

USMC03Grunt
01-16-2013, 19:54
Gotta Love Texas :supergrin::supergrin:

Even though those of us in Wyoming were doing it before them! :whistling: But hey, welcome to the party, Texas!!!:thumbsup:

Ruggles
01-16-2013, 20:03
Even though those of us in Wyoming were doing it before them! :whistling: But hey, welcome to the party, Texas!!!:thumbsup:

No doubt and full credit to the Great State of Wyoming!:wavey:

Make sure you give the other 14 people who live there my thanks :tongueout: