M&P Apex trigger [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : M&P Apex trigger

EOS
01-15-2013, 02:10
I recently picked up a M&P 9 full size. I love the ergos of this pistol, and I shoot it very well. But as many M&P owners know, it has no reset to speak of, and I am used to shooting Glocks with a strong reset. I was looking around on the web for options to give it a better trigger and I found the Apex trigger system. I am wondering if M&Ps maintain their drop safety and dont slam fire when aftermarket triggers are added, unlike a Glock. Anyone have any experience with the Apex?

00Glazz
01-15-2013, 06:11
I have an APEX enhancement kit in my M&P9 fullsize. I have never had issues with the drop safety, or slamfire. They definitely make the trigger/reset much better than the gritty stock mp trigger. Its money well spent imho.

Andy W
01-15-2013, 07:12
Not sure how the drop safety would be effected by the Apex DCAEK. I can't see how any of the internal safety mechanisms could be disabled by the Apex parts. Also, consider that DCAEK stands for Duty Carry Action Enhancement Kit, meaning its intended for law enforcement duty use or civilian carry. Disabling any safety device would be counter productive. You might send an email to Apex Tactical to confirm this though.

GlockPride
01-15-2013, 08:00
I have one in one of several m&p's. it makes it better, but not $90 better IMHO.
Shooting and polishing can do most of what the kit can do.
In fairness, I didn't get the ram though. Maybe I need to go back and add that.

Andy W
01-15-2013, 08:18
I have one in one of several m&p's. it makes it better, but not $90 better IMHO.
Shooting and polishing can do most of what the kit can do.
In fairness, I didn't get the ram though. Maybe I need to go back and add that.

I have the DCAEK and RAM in mine. The RAM may actually be a little more worthwhile than the DCAEK for a well broken in gun. Provides a definite you can both hear and feel. Can't say for sure though because I've never tried it with just the RAM. Hate the false reset on the stock trigger though.

Scrappy
01-15-2013, 08:43
This is the number one complaint, trigger reset.
For some reason the MP Shield has a reset. I am wondering what the hell is different with the trigger system on the shield is? The shields have the best triggers and reset out of the box. Apex from what I hear will help with the trigger but not much for the reset even with the ram installed.
Seems some are bending the trigger bars to get better reset

4Rules
01-15-2013, 08:56
Not sure how the drop safety would be effected by the Apex DCAEK...

The DCAEK uses a lighter (striker/firing pin block) spring. Apex deems the DCAEK to be safe to carry.

EOS
01-15-2013, 13:10
This is the number one complaint, trigger reset.
For some reason the MP Shield has a reset. I am wondering what the hell is different with the trigger system on the shield is? The shields have the best triggers and reset out of the box. Apex from what I hear will help with the trigger but not much for the reset even with the ram installed.
Seems some are bending the trigger bars to get better reset

When the Shield came out, S&W said that the Shield's positive reset would soon be on ALL M&Ps. Mine was manufactured in October 2012, I guess they havent started to do that yet.

EOS
01-15-2013, 13:31
Not sure how the drop safety would be effected by the Apex DCAEK. I can't see how any of the internal safety mechanisms could be disabled by the Apex parts. Also, consider that DCAEK stands for Duty Carry Action Enhancement Kit, meaning its intended for law enforcement duty use or civilian carry. Disabling any safety device would be counter productive. You might send an email to Apex Tactical to confirm this though.

I am just wary of aftermarket triggers ever since my friends G22 slam fired on me while I was running malfunction drills. I think it had a whole trigger group from glockworks. Thankfully I had it pointing downrange. I also had a friend drop a his G32 with a ghost trigger out of his holster and caught a .357 SIG Gold Dot in the leg. Needless to say I am utterly against any aftermarket triggers, but I hate the reset on the Smith.

Andy W
01-15-2013, 13:46
I am just wary of aftermarket triggers ever since my friends G22 slam fired on me while I was running malfunction drills. I think it had a whole trigger group from glockworks. Thankfully I had it pointing downrange. I also had a friend drop a his G32 with a ghost trigger out of his holster and caught a .357 SIG Gold Dot in the leg. Needless to say I am utterly against any aftermarket triggers, but I hate the reset on the Smith.

Try just putting the RAM in it first. There is no way that could screw up any of the safeties. Before you order, you might want to make sure your sear housing block can accept the RAM. It appears the new M&P sear housing may not be compatible.

Comedian
01-15-2013, 17:30
The new production M&P's have an excellent trigger that includes a short and pronounced reset. I picked one up made in March 2012 and the trigger is very nice. It has much less pre travel, a smoother pull and the much improved reset over the original M&P trigger.

I also just picked up a brand new M&P 9 with a Storm Lake fitted match barrel and the Apex AEK trigger from G&R Tactical. So i have one stock and one customized. I like the new stock trigger as much as the AEK believe it or not.