G20 SF KKM issue? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G20 SF KKM issue?

bucksnort06
01-15-2013, 07:20
Just thought Id see what you guys thought. I have been using my KKM barrel in my Gen2 G20 for a year flawlessly, never a failure and nice and smooth. I just picked up a Gen3 G20SF last week and was excited to throw the KKM in there and found that the fit was way too tight and it was very difficult the rack the slide and the slide did not want to close fully either with ease like it does on my gen2.. Now, the gen 2 factory barrel and my new gen3's barrels interchange with no issues at all, it just the KKM that works in my gen 2 is too tight for the gen3 it seems. I havent tried to shoot it yet as I feel something is just not right.. Any thoughts?

SDGlock23
01-15-2013, 07:43
I've had that happen with KKM barrels from model to model. Basically what was a drop in for your older G20 isn't with your new G20sf. In order for it to work, contact KKM. You'll probably have to send the slide and barrel to them in order to have it fit.

chemboy
01-15-2013, 08:22
Interesting.
My KKM 6" tube has been flawless in my 20SF. Good to know that they aren't always that way, however-in case I wanted to buy another barrel.

bucksnort06
01-15-2013, 08:51
I figured that the gen2 and gen3 slide tolerances would be exactly the same and if it fit in gen2, then it must fit in the new glock. Guess I was clearly wrong.. The Gen3 slide must be slightly different

chemboy
01-15-2013, 08:59
I figured that the gen2 and gen3 slide tolerances would be exactly the same and if it fit in gen2, then it must fit in the new glock. Guess I was clearly wrong.. The Gen3 slide must be slightly different

I would have assumed the same.
I have heard that some barrel makers mention having to (possibly) "hand fit" a barrel to a particular weapon, but I don't recall KKM saying any such thing?

I should mention that I was pleased with KKM's service and I would imagine they will 'make it right' with you in this instance?

bucksnort06
01-15-2013, 09:04
I would have assumed the same.
I have heard that some barrel makers mention having to (possibly) "hand fit" a barrel to a particular weapon, but I don't recall KKM saying any such thing?

I just emailed KKM to see what their thoughts are..

bucksnort06
01-24-2013, 17:20
As expected, KKM took great care of me. I sent in my barrel assuming they would just modify it for me and to my surprise I received a brand new barrel, and it works perfect!!! Great company

chemboy
01-24-2013, 17:22
As expected, KKM took great care of me. I sent in my barrel assuming they would just modify it for me and to my surprise I received a brand new barrel, and it works perfect!!! Great company

Thanks for letting us know. Makes me want to look at them first for any other conversion barrel I may want down the road.
:cool:

Cwlongshot
01-24-2013, 17:52
I have one for my Early G20 as well, zero issues and great shooting barrel.

Generations in the 20 are strange... I think we all know there was no ''gen 1'', but the first generation G20 was actually made like the other gen2 Glocks... Mine is a 3 digit SN.

CW

SCmasterblaster
01-24-2013, 18:21
I hope that you get it figured out.