Repeal NY assault weapons ban [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Repeal NY assault weapons ban

egutzeit
01-15-2013, 09:49
Email Tresmondlaw@gmail.com

Give your name, address, telephone #, etc. and say you want to be on the petition for the law suit that he is bringing pertaining to the constitutionality of the NY assault weapons ban. Maybe we could get the whole thing repealed. Spread the word.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

egutzeit
01-15-2013, 11:45
Post if you've done it. Keep this post in the new posts position so people will see it and know about it.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

egutzeit
01-15-2013, 15:30
Btt......

John_NJ
01-17-2013, 18:10
I hope it works for you guys. NY really got screwed.....

Tpr430
01-18-2013, 19:53
Thanks

JDSTG58
02-16-2013, 20:17
Done...

SPIN2010
02-16-2013, 20:20
Ditto

clarson_75
02-17-2013, 17:43
i sent one.

steelcook58d
02-18-2013, 10:39
sent one

zorba
03-19-2013, 17:53
Now that NYS has a mag limit of 7 bullets, does anyone have any info. on if glock will be making/retrofitting 10 limit mags for NYS glock owners?

Arc Angel
03-19-2013, 19:14
:crying: I feel very sorry for you guys! Andrew Cuomo and his political cronies really, 'put the stones' to you all. You would think that - BY NOW - legislators would realize that magazine capacity laws do absolutely nothing to stop crime. (I thought the '94 AWB proved this beyond any doubt?) :freak:

ithaca_deerslayer
03-19-2013, 21:47
Now that NYS has a mag limit of 7 bullets, does anyone have any info. on if glock will be making/retrofitting 10 limit mags for NYS glock owners?

Word is now Silver (Assembly leader) is pushing for a change to allow 10 round mags. Cuomo says he might agree but still wants law abiding citizens to only load 7.

They've gotten a crap load of pressure on these issues. 51 out of 62 counties are against the new laws, and have signed resolutions condeming the NY SAFE act. NYC and LI are 7 counties in the anti-gunners' back pockets, of course. Albany county (capital) couldn't get a majority against the SAFE Act, but at least did some cross over party lines to sign a petition against the new laws. Westchester borders NYC and is sticking with NYC. That leaves 2 counties still debating it out.

Virtually all the NYS Sheriffs are against the NY SAFE act, of course. They are supportive of the county resolutions against the new laws. Police chiefs in a couple big cities are still in step with Cuomo.

Opinion polls each week show less and less support for Cuomo, although he still has a majority (thanks to NYC), he could lose that majority if we keep fighting, keep spreading the word, keep educating. The anti-gun politicians no longer have support in the Upstate districts. Even a LI senator (I think, and not assembly) appologized for his yes vote and is now in favor of a repeal. There has been a repeal introduced in the senate, but I don't know if it can pick up the votes.

The strategy of the anti-gunners now seems to be to talk about changing the NY SAFE act with enough of what they are calling "technical amendents" to try and control the pro-gun outrage.

On the legal front, there are a couple lawsuits coming up that have good chance for injunction. A 3rd lawsuit (that was first to be heard) is working on appeal, but probably won't win the complaint against Cuomo's message of necessity that waived the 3 day wait and snuck the NY SAFE act in the middle of the night. But the other 2 lawsuits are addressing more substantial areas of constitutional violations.