Just purchased my first fun [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased my first fun

Jay Bizniss
01-15-2013, 10:28
Hey guys. First post on the forum. I have been looking for a Gen 4 Glock 19 for weeks now and nobody locally has them in stock.. Called one place and they had a Gen 3 Two Tone so I just left there and will be picking up my gun Monday. This is my first gun so I will be on this forum a lot gathering info and asking questions. Thanks!

ctfireman
01-15-2013, 11:15
Welcome & great choice, the G19 was my first handgun too. You're starting at kind of a tough time but try & get your hands on ammo & practice, practice, practice! Look into training as well.

chemboy
01-15-2013, 11:19
A G19 is a great place to start your 'journey.' I did the same thing back in 1993 with a Gen2 G19.
Beware, however,that this can be an expensive pastime! :shocked:

HKLovingIT
01-15-2013, 14:18
Howdy and welcome. I'm sure you will enjoy your new Glock. Post a pic when you get it in. :wavey:

Bren
01-15-2013, 14:21
Hey guys. First post on the forum. I have been looking for a Gen 4 Glock 19 for weeks now and nobody locally has them in stock.. Called one place and they had a Gen 3 Two Tone so I just left there and will be picking up my gun Monday. This is my first gun so I will be on this forum a lot gathering info and asking questions. Thanks!

I'd have picked that over the Gen 4 any day.

glockgt
01-15-2013, 14:29
Congrats, enjoy your new Glock, and welcome to GlockTalk!!!

MonsterB
01-15-2013, 14:31
Congrats on a perfect first choice. If you only have one gun to do everything, thats the one. Dont ever sell it, learn to shoot it well and it will keep you very happy. Great choice, great choice, and I hope you love it.

kda
01-15-2013, 16:26
That was my first Glock too. Never quit loving it but now find I prefer my G26. But I'll never part with the G19 or regret buying it. Simply great for home defense.

It is just a shame ammo is so expensive and hard to find when you have such a great new weapon you should be out shooting and shooting and shooting and having fun.

OldSkhool
01-15-2013, 22:09
Congrats on your new buy! I too had a hard time finding my Gen 4 26. Could not find any locally so had to drive across the county to buy it, still sitting in the box cant wait to shoot it. Its going to share space with my Gen 2 19!!