To those in New York, I'm sorry [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : To those in New York, I'm sorry

twag4
01-15-2013, 11:20
This is what NY lawmakers think is a solution. I'm sorry for you non lefties that gotta live with it.
http://news.yahoo.com/ny-seals-1st-state-gun-laws-since-newtown-074653716.html

RPVG
01-15-2013, 11:35
Same here. Seven round mags? OUCH!

Spiffums
01-15-2013, 14:40
I wonder how much of a change they will have in 2014.

redbaron007
01-15-2013, 14:51
It's a shame.

However, the info regarding TX and WY is encouraging. Both states are wanting to pass legislation to arrest those who want to enforce federal gun laws in their state....relating to gun bans, limited mags etc.

:wavey:

red

beforeobamabans
01-15-2013, 15:32
NY has always been a ****bag place to live so this is no big deal.

fx77
01-15-2013, 15:39
Thanks for the pity...now I will get drunk..Think of all the firearms that do not make mags with <7 rounds...
HK, Steyer, Rem 1187, Sig, GLOCK.. and on and on and on

Harley6133
01-15-2013, 16:09
Election have consequences.
Sorry for those on the other side
The rest of us better take notice and learn from this

geoemery
01-15-2013, 16:16
Other than 1911 and some antiques, do any modern auto come with a 7 round magazine? Sound like they basically outlawed modern auto pistols.

MVSicari
01-15-2013, 16:21
XDS's, 5 .45 ACP and now 7 9mm

kda
01-15-2013, 16:48
They are just warming up folks. You ain't seen nothing yet I fear. Sure happy I don't live there for a lot of reasons including this one.

Deaf Smith
01-15-2013, 16:52
And next year it will be 6. Then the year after 5. Then 4....

See if you can arbitrarily decide there is a limit then the limit can be moved.

For no doubt some nutjob will one day use a 7 shot pistol to kill a bunch (he will just bring more mags or a second gun) and then the cry will be to ban them to.

See that is what happened in the U.K. And now they are forced to go to FRANCE to even shoot pistols for the Olympics.

Deaf

SouthernBoyVA
01-15-2013, 16:54
It's a shame.

However, the info regarding TX and WY is encouraging. Both states are wanting to pass legislation to arrest those who want to enforce federal gun laws in their state....relating to gun bans, limited mags etc.

:wavey:

red

They don't need to pass any new laws to do this. They already can make arrests of federal agents, be it FBI, DEA, or US Marshalls. Just have the county sheriffs make the arrests. They have the power... all they need is the will to do it.

JAS104
01-15-2013, 17:01
And somehow it's legal.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

ChiTownPicaro
01-15-2013, 17:30
This is ridiculous. I don't think this will combat the problem at all and will only punish the law abiding. Will police and other law enforcement be exempt?

GLJones
01-15-2013, 19:06
Guess I have made my last trip to New York. I am done with NY, NJ, CA and a few other states that violate the rights of citizens.

1smoothredneck
01-15-2013, 19:12
I, too, am sorry for New Yorkers. Leave if you can. Practice speedloads if you can't, and Pray either way.

HKLovingIT
01-15-2013, 19:13
Other than 1911 and some antiques, do any modern auto come with a 7 round magazine? Sound like they basically outlawed modern auto pistols.

Kahrs
PPS
Sig P239 in .40 and .357 Sig
Shield
Nano
XDs

Off the top of my head.

Gunnut 45/454
01-15-2013, 19:16
ChiTownPicaro
Well did you just wake up? Your dammed right they are! Where do you think they are going to get there next supply of AR's and 30 mags from! All the guns they are going to be confiscating in the very near future! Cause within the law is that the State police are the approving authority for the Permits and mandatory registration that are now law! In other words - if your a gunowner in NY they can deny you ownership for any reason! Then they get to confiscate all your guns cause with out the permit your a felon if you have a gun!:steamed:

Well I wonder oif the NRA is going to file suit to get this over turned- are you NYS gun owners going to file suit? Or are you just goijng to standby while they take your guns?

SJ 40
01-15-2013, 19:16
Guess I have made my last trip to New York. I am done with NY, NJ, CA and a few other states that violate the rights of citizens.+ 1 but you left out Il.,I avoid Communist S*** Holes like the plague. SJ 40

SouthernBoyVA
01-15-2013, 19:22
I, too, am sorry for New Yorkers. Leave if you can. Practice speedloads if you can't, and Pray either way.

One thing. If they move to the South, they need to leave their New York ideas and ways behind them. One Florida is enough.

RGbiker
01-15-2013, 19:24
Glock 36 should be a heavy seller in New York. .45acp, 6+1, plus 7lb trigger pull.

jdavionic
01-15-2013, 20:25
Unfortunately NY voted for these turds...and this is the consequence. Likewise, the parasites in this nation voted for Obama. Our day will come tomorrow.

Deaf Smith
01-15-2013, 20:27
One thing. If they move to the South, they need to leave their New York ideas and ways behind them. One Florida is enough.

I figured out a way to get them to go back up north. It's called Open Carry.

Yea if all us southern states went to OC then those northern folk (and California ones to) would freak out and go back where they came from.

Can't you see the size of their eyeballs when you walk in the local gas station with that "Doc" Holliday twin rig?

Deaf

janice6
01-15-2013, 20:31
I am also sorry you live in a state where the laws are dictated by a millionaire Mayor and a Governor goon.

The world runs on a buck. politicians want power. Money is power. If you want fair you have to have enough money to buy it.

GLJones
01-15-2013, 20:38
+ 1 but you left out Il.,I avoid Communist S*** Holes like the plague. SJ 40

I knew I would forget a couple so I added, "and others."

As another poster mentioned, I am getting really pissed at the people that voted their home states into hell holes, and are now moving to get away from what they did and move to my state. Then, they continue voting for the same crap that made them desperate to leave their first home.

Florida used to be solid Red. We have become NY, NJ, OH south with more residents migrating from those states every day. While the state legislature is still solidly in the GOP camp, in federal elections we have way too many liberal House & Senate members and helped put the current tyrant in the Whitehouse.

GLJones
01-15-2013, 20:39
i figured out a way to get them to go back up north. It's called open carry.

Yea if all us southern states went to oc then those northern folk (and california ones to) would freak out and go back where they came from.

Can't you see the size of their eyeballs when you walk in the local gas station with that "doc" holliday twin rig?

Deaf

<<<<like>>>>

TDC20
01-16-2013, 00:17
To the good people of New York, get out now while you can. For the rest of the cock roaches living and governing there, don't count on the blood of our patriots, our sons and daughters, to defend you and avenge your next terror attack. We'll pull back and hold the line at Pennsylvania...they can have New York. As far as I'm concerned, it's no longer a part of America.

cowboywannabe
01-16-2013, 01:03
this is the best time to live in NY for they are now S.A.F.E.

IndyGunFreak
01-16-2013, 05:04
Who was that GT'er... (he's since banned)...

He was in NY, used to always tell people if they couldn't get a carry permit in NY, they just didn't know what they were doing. Was always spouting his training credentials... Also frequently made posts about (supposedly) his young son being murdered by some crazy teen back in the late 80's/early 90's.

Real, real pompous attitude (he knocked heads w/ a lot of the LEO's.. and quite frankly, a lot of others to.. here on the site.. I imagine TBO remembers him..lol)

I'd be curious what his ideas are on these new gun control measures...

Ducowti
01-16-2013, 09:36
NY has always been a ****bag place to live so this is no big deal.

Make no mistake: this is a very big deal. Do you or have you lived in NY to qualify that statement?

John Rambo
01-16-2013, 09:54
Sorry? Pfft. They got exactly what they voted for. All of the decent people should flee that ****hole state just like people are fleeing California and Illinois. Its a lost cause.

I don't think I'll be returning for my yearly upstate hunting trips anymore.

cajun_chooter
01-16-2013, 10:36
I am not sorry... New Yorkers did it to themselves by electing communist officials..

Travclem
01-16-2013, 12:20
I knew I would forget a couple so I added, "and others."

As another poster mentioned, I am getting really pissed at the people that voted their home states into hell holes, and are now moving to get away from what they did and move to my state. Then, they continue voting for the same crap that made them desperate to leave their first home.

Florida used to be solid Red. We have become NY, NJ, OH south with more residents migrating from those states every day. While the state legislature is still solidly in the GOP camp, in federal elections we have way too many liberal House & Senate members and helped put the current tyrant in the Whitehouse.
Same thing happening in TX. The liberalhippieretards ruined Kalifornia and now they are moving here, Austin mainly, and trying to impose their ideas on TX. I say any pro-gun family can move to TX as long as they get rid of 2 anti-gun families.

Hugo R
01-16-2013, 13:35
Election have consequences.
Sorry for those on the other side
The rest of us better take notice and learn from this

ABSOLUTELY!

They are just warming up folks. You ain't seen nothing yet I fear. Sure happy I don't live there for a lot of reasons including this one.

Yep, They have just begun, they will not be done until they have ALL of our guns and ALL of our ammo.

ChiTownPicaro
.....All the guns they are going to be confiscating in the very near future! Cause within the law is that the State police are the approving authority for the Permits and mandatory registration that are now law! In other words - if your a gunowner in NY they can deny you ownership for any reason! Then they get to confiscate all your guns cause with out the permit your a felon if you have a gun!:steamed:

Will the local, county and state authorities keep their constitutional oaths or just "follow orders"?

Well I wonder oif the NRA is going to file suit to get this over turned- are you NYS gun owners going to file suit? Or are you just goijng to standby while they take your guns?

NRA/ILA will file, but once enacted it will be an uphill fight.

Unfortunately NY voted for these turds...and this is the consequence. Likewise, the parasites in this nation voted for Obama. Our day will come tomorrow.

The same exact thing is happening in California. Goodby freedom, hello social/communism.

I am also sorry you live in a state where the laws are dictated by a millionaire Mayor and a Governor goon.

And good friends of the POTUS.

The world runs on a buck. politicians want power. Money is power. If you want fair you have to have enough money to buy it.

Oh yes, the ELITE, surrounded by armed guards, and to hell with the unwashed masses.

I am not sorry... New Yorkers did it to themselves by electing communist officials..

Again, either they cast the vote and live with it or THEY REFUSED to vote (like many stated here on GT)!

Same thing happening in TX. The liberalhippieretards ruined Kalifornia and now they are moving here, Austin mainly, and trying to impose their ideas on TX. I say any pro-gun family can move to TX as long as they get rid of 2 anti-gun families.

Funny how that happens. Here's the thing, those that lived in those states and lived OFF OF THOSE STATES FOR FREE (yes, I'm talking entitlements) WANT TO KEEP ON GETTING THEIR FREE STUFF. So they come to the formally solid RED state and slowly but surely start voting for politicians that will give them FREE STUFF and before you know it, your solid red state is turning blue...and there go your gun rights!

Our country is in deep deep trouble.

HR:dunno:

kaboom336
01-16-2013, 17:25
Not all New Yorkers voted for these clowns......

I live in St Lawrence County..........largest county in NY......total population 111,000 give or take.......

That is one city block in NYC.....
we can't compete.....

dakrat
01-16-2013, 17:52
Not all New Yorkers voted for these clowns......

I live in St Lawrence County..........largest county in NY......total population 111,000 give or take.......

That is one city block in NYC.....
we can't compete.....

sorry Sir. Florida welcomes you :supergrin:

or just give it 10 years and they'll figure out it doesn't work.

kaboom336
01-16-2013, 17:59
sorry Sir. Florida welcomes you :supergrin:

or just give it 10 years and they'll figure out it doesn't work.

To clarify......Largest county by land mass.....

Unfortunately I really do like where I live......

Hunt, fish, hike, bike, atv, snowmobile......

Anything outdoors you want it's mine in 10 minutes or less...

WAY too hot in Florida:steamed:

deputy1199
01-16-2013, 20:24
I saw this coming years ago and made the decision to move out of New York as soon as i retired. Enough said!

SouthernBoyVA
01-16-2013, 20:43
I figured out a way to get them to go back up north. It's called Open Carry.

Yea if all us southern states went to OC then those northern folk (and California ones to) would freak out and go back where they came from.

Can't you see the size of their eyeballs when you walk in the local gas station with that "Doc" Holliday twin rig?

Deaf

I open carry every day in my state. It's the "normal" (read that as standard or default) mode of carry here. About the only wide-eyed stares I get is from people from Maryland and New Jersey. We see a lot of New York and New Jersey plates down here, probably because we have a very low unemployment rate.

In fact, the only negative encounter I have ever gotten from anyone while OC'ing (over 5 1/2 years) was from a man who claimed he was a retired LEO. Judging from his accent, he was most likely from somewhere in the northeast part of the country. Definitely not a native Virginian.

ithaca_deerslayer
01-16-2013, 21:25

He was in NY, used to always tell people if they couldn't get a carry permit in NY, they just didn't know what they were doing. Was always spouting his training credentials... Also frequently made posts about (supposedly) his young son being murdered by some crazy teen back in the late 80's/early 90's.

Real, real pompous attitude (he knocked heads w/ a lot of the LEO's.. and quite frankly, a lot of others to.. here on the site.. I imagine TBO remembers him..lol)

He was actually a real guy with the true credentials and tragedy you describe. As to his opinions, never bothered me to have him speak his mind.

As to pistol permits, they are fairly easy to get, if you don't have a criminal record and you do like to fill out a lot of paperwork, get prints done a couple times over, have a year to wait, and don't necessarily expect unrestricted concealed carry "privileges."

Gallium
01-17-2013, 03:50

The dude was never pompous. He did lose his son, I have more training than he does - he knows it, and he never came across to me in any of his postings as pompous, or even as a "typical NYer".

He always made the claim, FOR WHERE HE LIVED (Rockland or Orange County) getting a permit was relatively straight forward compared to the rest of the state.

- G

IndyGunFreak
01-17-2013, 06:09
The dude was never pompous. He did lose his son, I have more training than he does - he knows it, and he never came across to me in any of his postings as pompous, or even as a "typical NYer".

He always made the claim, FOR WHERE HE LIVED (Rockland or Orange County) getting a permit was relatively straight forward compared to the rest of the state.

- G

I don't know if he lost his son or not.. I know towards the end there were people saying he was a liar, trying to get sympathy, etc.. because he had apparently changed his story several times, etc. I never really developed an opinion one way or the other on the story of his son's murder.

That wasn't really the point of my post though.. I figured people would remember him by that story. I will say though, I didn't ever talk to the dude, only read his posts, and I pretty well thought he was a grade A jackass. Always struck me as what the media tells me is a "typical New Yorker"

What was his username anyway?

IGF

Gallium
01-17-2013, 07:06
I don't know if he lost his son or not.. I know towards the end there were people saying he was a liar, trying to get sympathy, etc.. because he had apparently changed his story several times, etc. I never really developed an opinion one way or the other on the story of his son's murder.

That wasn't really the point of my post though.. I figured people would remember him by that story. I will say though, I didn't ever talk to the dude, only read his posts, and I pretty well thought he was a grade A jackass. Always struck me as what the media tells me is a "typical New Yorker"

What was his username anyway?

IGF

His story never changed. It was always consistent. His son was kidnapped, raped, killed. The dude was let out after a few years.

Jarrett something I believe was his screen name.

BerettaGrl
01-17-2013, 07:20
CodyJarrett.

Real Guy. Real credentials. Real story. The child was actually his wife's younger brother who they were raising.

I met him and his wife. They are serious defenders of the 2A, working hard for NY gun owners. No BS.

This thread has offically gone off the rails.:whistling:

SCmasterblaster
01-17-2013, 10:57
Guess I have made my last trip to New York. I am done with NY, NJ, CA and a few other states that violate the rights of citizens.

And it drive out west or south from VT, I MUST go through NY. :upeyes:

G36shooter
01-17-2013, 17:51
Michigan is open, a CPL is easy to get (not a felon,show training) and we can open carry, no mag restrictions.:supergrin:

RichM
01-18-2013, 14:23
A big part of New York state is pro 2A.

Voters in NYC, which is only a tiny part of NY State, overwhelm the rest of the state.

Wherever you live, please remember this!
Andrew Cuomo is trying to position himself to be elected YOUR next president in 2016!

This is what he really wanted for New York and what he will want for the country.

From the facebook page of Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin

"This is the video where I was asked to keep the Democrat proposals for the NY SAFE Act away from the public. This list was given to me by a colleague and it is not confidential."

This bill was an attack on the 2nd amendment and the Democrats clearly wanted to dismantle the work of the Founding Fathers. None of these amendments were included in the final bill thanks to us fighting back. I will not stand silent while these unpatriotic proposals are pathetically thrown at us a 11 o’clock at night:

1. Confiscation of "assault weapons"
2. Confiscation of ten round clips
3. Statewide database for ALL Guns
4. Continue to allow pistol permit holder's information to be replaced to the public
5. Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds or pistol grips as "assault weapons”
6. Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 5 and confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazines
7. Limit possession to no more than two (2) magazines
8. Limit purchase of guns to one gun per person per month
9. Require re-licensing of all pistol permit owners
10. Require renewal of all pistol permits every five years
11. State issued pistol permits
12. Micro-stamping of all guns in New York State
13. Require licensing of all gun ammo dealers
14. Mandatory locking of guns at home
15. Fee for licensing, registering weapons"

Macbooklover91
01-19-2013, 13:16
I would also like to add my condolences for this.

My question is does one in the chamber count against your 7? (I hope not)

And limit two mags? Is that on your person? My Glock 19 came with 3 mags. Do they want people handing in mags? And what's this I hear about its a felony in NY to own more than 3 guns now? This is ridiculous. I hope it doesn't happen nationally/ in MN

ithaca_deerslayer
01-19-2013, 13:37
I would also like to add my condolences for this.

My question is does one in the chamber count against your 7? (I hope not)

And limit two mags? Is that on your person? My Glock 19 came with 3 mags. Do they want people handing in mags? And what's this I hear about its a felony in NY to own more than 3 guns now? This is ridiculous. I hope it doesn't happen nationally/ in MN

The actual law result is:

7 limit refers to a magazine, no mention of chamber.
No limit on number of guns.
No limit on number of mags.
11+ "high capacity mags" have to be sold, modified, or turned in.

One confusion by some people is "firearm" in NY legal terms generally means a handgun when you don't have a pistol permit. That is felony time. 3 of those, or 10 of those, just makes it an even more felony.

Macbooklover91
01-19-2013, 13:46
The actual law result is:

7 limit refers to a magazine, no mention of chamber.
No limit on number of guns.
No limit on number of mags.
11+ "high capacity mags" have to be sold, modified, or turned in.

One confusion by some people is "firearm" in NY legal terms generally means a handgun when you don't have a pistol permit. That is felony time. 3 of those, or 10 of those, just makes it an even more felony.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. This is turning into quite the mess...