Is the pendelum swinging back our way? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is the pendelum swinging back our way?

USMC03Grunt
01-17-2013, 05:10
While I am in NO WAY saying that we can rest easy now, does anybody else feel like the gun control pendelum is swining back in our favor now? Odumba passed through his executive orders that really don't amount to much as far as a gun owner is concerned or at least as heavy handed as they were making it out to be. An AWB may or may not pass in the senate when even some pro-gun democrats (Hiedi Hietkamp from ND is a good example of a democrat that is on our side in this issue) are willing to vote against it and it's not expected to do any better in the house as well even if it does gain senate approval. Finally there are a growing number of states like Wyoming, Texas, Mississippi, North Dakota, etc. that have been moving forward with bills that seek to nullify any further federal gun bans. All this leads me to think that the storm is finally letting up a bit as far as gun owners are concerned. No, I'm not saying that we're in the clear or anything and you still need to get in touch with your congressmen (if you haven't already done so, you are freakin' WRONG!!!!) and stay in the fight but at least things are looking a little better. :)

cowboy1964
01-17-2013, 05:27
The next few weeks should clear up the legislation question. But keep in mind, one more big mass shooting and I think it's game over. Feinstein's bill could pass before you know it.

chewybaca67
01-17-2013, 17:46
Too many things at play, like total political polarity with emotions leading the front. Anything can happen.

JDSTG58
01-17-2013, 17:51
In NY, the pendulum is swinging back, but its to lop off our heads the rest of the way.........

Dawolf
01-17-2013, 19:28
Too many things at play, like total political polarity with emotions leading the front. Anything can happen.

:brickwall:

They are working using the typical lib tactic, incrementalism.

I'M Glockamolie
01-17-2013, 20:56
There are vast expansions of liberal idiotitis, sparsely interspersed with minuscule pockets of sanity. I think we're outgunned, so to speak.

USMC03Grunt
01-17-2013, 21:21
I dunno, tonight I hear that Misouri and Oklahoma are the latest additions to the Wyoming-style legislation that is out to protect the 2nd Ammendment. While I think that places like New Dork, Illinoid, Taxechussests, Kalifornia, Hawaii, Delewhore and Mary(less)land are all planning on passing draconian anti-gun laws, there are also a lot of other great states that are looking to pass laws that protect their citizens against the federals. I guess I see this as a positive sign of things maybe moving back our way again. Still, NOT a reason to give up the fight or even take a minute to rest! Call your congressmen in DC demanding they resist any calls for further infringement and contact your local legislative leaders to support your state in following Wyoming's lead!!!

Louisville Glocker
01-17-2013, 21:25
I've been saying for a long long time that nothing will get through the House of Reps. Thus, no rough legislation for gun-owners (no AWB, no mag restrictions, etc). The Republicans get to decide what even goes up for a vote, so I don't even think those things will be voted on.

Tougher background checks will probably make it through in some form.

GAFinch
01-17-2013, 22:26
Obama to use re-election machine to target NRA

The Obama administration puzzled many observers by leaving its campaign infrastructure largely in place in the aftermath of President Obama’s re-election win. Now we know why. According to Stephanie Cutter, President Obama’s former deputy campaign manager on Ed Schultz’s MSNBC program:
President Obama's network across this country, grassroots individuals, who organize, volunteered with their time to get the president reelected are much more powerful than the NRA lobby. And I think that you can expect to see that network activated, very soon. And for good reason.

Cutter’s words should frighten Americans accustomed to the usual ins-and-outs of politics. Unlike prior presidents, who leveraged their campaign into power, then got down to the business of governing, Obama is running a permanent campaign intended to destroy his political opposition completely.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...anent-campaign

Guys, don't get complacent on this. Since he doesn't control the House and can't achieve his desired agenda, he has little else to do for the next two to four years except focus on destroying his rivals.

The_Gun_Guru
01-17-2013, 22:44
The next few weeks should clear up the legislation question. But keep in mind, one more big mass shooting and I think it's game over. Feinstein's bill could pass before you know it.

Mark my words, the dems will make sure that there are more shootings so that they can get the guns.

You watch, it isn't over yet.....not by a long shot!

TGG

chewybaca67
01-17-2013, 22:55
Mark my words, the dems will make sure that there are more shootings so that they can get the guns.

You watch, it isn't over yet.....not by a long shot!

TGG

Some whackjob hippie will likely martyr themselves, and others of course, to "the cause" by executing another killing spree in the name of "Gun Free Zones."
Crazy man, just crazy.

The_Gun_Guru
01-17-2013, 23:08
Some whackjob hippie will likely martyr themselves, and others of course, to "the cause" by executing another killing spree in the name of "Gun Free Zones."
Crazy man, just crazy.

Yep, and the sheeple will buy it.

What has happened to this country? It saddens me that we have become so pathetic!!!

TGG

wingryder
01-17-2013, 23:25
Obama to use re-election machine to target NRA

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...anent-campaign

Guys, don't get complacent on this. Since he doesn't control the House and can't achieve his desired agenda, he has little else to do for the next two to four years except focus on destroying his rivals.

I am by no means complacent, I have written everyone within my political chain (and many who are not!), several times with personal notes and letters... BUT, I think that the Obama machine is reaching the end of its political rope. The "grass roots" movement is mostly preaching to their own choir. As far as the gun issue, there are many democrat states that are heavily in favor of guns... in fact, it seems to me, that a majority of rural democrats in the house and senate are heavily reliant on the "pro gun" voters.

I have know a few pro-gun libs, and it has never been a decisive issue for them because they have never been challenged on their gun stance... But just like the rest of us, that see the tide shifting, they will support their personal right to keep their firearm OVER party!

However you want to interpret the Second Amendment, it was written to be, at the very LEAST, an important RIGHT to be able to defend ourselves and our families... not JUST within the walls of our own home, but in society as well. I feel any restrictions on "law-abiding" citizens to own and CARRY a handgun, is a clear violation of 2A!

Nalapombu
01-18-2013, 02:22
I have been feeling pretty good about our chances for a while now. Harry Reid really makes me happy he's there even though I wish the Repubs controlled the Senate. He's a great ally. I also didn't know it, but Vermont Senator Pat Leahy who is ULTRA LIBERAL, is also a GREAT ALLY for gun owners. Unfortunately he has signaled that he might cave on a new AWB.

What worries me is that they'll all agree on a new Background check scheme, both House and Senate, it'll make the rounds and get passed. Then the other stuff like a new AWB or mag restriction will get passed by the Senate and then find its way into another piece of legislation like something on the debt ceiling, some tax rate bill, or something else that the Republicans really, REALLY want and then they'll sign onto it while holding their noses. It wouldn't take a whole lot of defectors to pull something like that off either.
The current makeup of the 113th Congress is:

SENATE is deomcRATs at 55 and Repub at 45 with BiteMe voting in a tie. The election in 2014 the democRATs have 21 seats to defend while the Repubs have 14. About 6 or 8 of those Senators up in 2014 are in RED states or conservative states.

HOUSE is Republican at 233 to democRAT 200.

That's way too damn close for me. We lost 7 seats in the last election. The gun issue is going to really put it's mark on this election in 2014 which as you know, the entire House is up for re-election. If the people really are as PO'ed as they would have you believe, if the House refuses a vote on a new AWB or votes one down, it could mean a democRAT House come the 114th Congress. That would damn near be ARMAGEDDON for Gun Owners. You think you're worried and concerned now, just imagine what we'd be looking at with a democRAT Senate like it is now and a HOUSE that is back in democRAT control with Pelosi as Speaker with enough votes that they don't have to worry. We'll see guns being TAKEN at that point. If they had that now do you really think they would even consider grandfathering the Assault Weapons that are already owned? NO WAY IN HELL.

So I am cautiously optimistic with this Congress, especially the House. It would be damn nice though if Harry Reid just flat out refuses to bring up ANY new gun control laws and takes the heat off of all Repubs.

As mentioned earlier, if there is another mass shooting involving an AR or AK, that would really be tough to stop especially if it was in a school and a lot of children were killed in that one too. I pray to GOD that something like that doesn't happen.

What do you all think?

Nalajr

barth
01-18-2013, 04:05
Personally I think the black eye of impeachment proceedings is all that stopped Obummer from his Hitleresque attack on the second amendment.

Too much of our population is more interested in Dancing with the Stars,
and Kim K, than facts.
Our news media, for the most part,
is a total disgrace in terms of responsible and accurate reporting.

Cherry picking events to sensationalize and whipping up public
sentiment with images of children is despicable.

Now more than ever, it's time to be very vocal,
engaged and involved in fighting for our rights and freedom.
http://www.pqmonthly.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/bald_eagle_head_and_american_flag1-500x375.jpg

MTHall51
01-18-2013, 05:43
In NY, the pendulum is swinging back, but its to lop off our heads the rest of the way.........

I think MD is trying to be the next most anti gun state in the East. I live in MD and need to stay put so am being as alert as I can be.

Jeffe
01-18-2013, 06:46
http://youtu.be/7gC-Q7Jtbig

Brucev
01-18-2013, 06:53
All is not going in favor of the squatter or his fellow domestic terrorists in the demokrat party. Many of them well remember the time they did a AWB and got pounded at the ballot box. Those demokrats who try to run under less than extreme left-wing colors to gain conservative support for election will not "take one" for the squatter and throw away their free ride for the sake of their master.

It is important that everyone not be fooled into supporting demokrats just because they try to look red enough on the 2nd Amendment. Always remember that regardless of how red they try to look, they are demokrats... they are joined hip and thigh with their fellow terrorists who seek to destroy America and establish that vision of amerika that is pressed by their master in the white house.

.45Super-Man
01-18-2013, 07:13
With the Hussein administration playing damage control over 'fast & furious' and the gaza strip mess, nothing short of a miracle will keep him from being impeached and imprisoned.

Rustin
01-18-2013, 07:29
I think our passions are far stronger than the vague fear the lemmings for gun control feel. Sure, some are downright ferocious but they usually cry out for gun owners to be shot, which should be damning to their case, but, idiots are idiots. However, I feel that we can and must educate as many pepole as possible, and that goes for everyone one of us out there.

They are on the offensive, and we just need to hold down the fort and let the bonzai infused spirit of the gun grabbers run themselves into the ground.

nsl
01-18-2013, 07:30
This, and it IS going to happen. Not saying the goverment will stage it, but some loser will do it to get himself to be known.

GAFinch
01-18-2013, 09:00
This, and it IS going to happen. Not saying the goverment will stage it, but some loser will do it to get himself to be known.

They sent thousands of weapons down to Mexico with absolutely no tracking mechanism, other than to recover weapons found at crime scenes (the cartels use a weapon once and leave it at the scene to prevent members from being tied to multiple crimes). They've been heavily arming the Muslim Brotherhood in multiple countries. They inexplicably kept numerous military assets at bay while Benghazi went down. Sadly, anything is possible with these people and it's not unreasonable to be highly suspicious of them.

dannym
01-18-2013, 13:19
Somebody get a hold of Dick Cheney and ask him if he wouldn't mind taking Obama and Biden on a hunting trip.

:wow:

LoL J/k :whistling:

fnfalman
01-18-2013, 15:30
I think that gun owners keep hounding and harping on their elected officials about Fast and Furious.

I find it hard to believe that the GOP didn't capitalize on that debacle during the election...unless some big wig GOP politicians were also involved in it.

Scrappy
01-18-2013, 15:38
Somebody get a hold of Dick Cheney and ask him if he wouldn't mind taking Obama and Biden on a hunting trip.

:wow:

LoL J/k :whistling:

:rofl:

Scrappy
01-18-2013, 15:40
Eric holder should be in prison!
Where is Obama coming up with the $500 million for his gun control proposal? From taxpayers? WTF
Steve McLaughlin should be President!

EddieJames
01-18-2013, 15:48
This is just setting the stage....don't blink.

gommer
01-18-2013, 23:35
I think we are mistaking silence for winning.

Most 'mainstream', also known as liberal, media outlets have gone silent (in comparison to the last month) on gun issues.

Yes, some articles but nothing as we've seen recently.

Why?!?!?

Because the narrative of public interest began to switch from:
-What can we ban to stop this?
to:
-What are these guns and what crimes are really happening?

In other words, people started to want to learn real FACTS. The mainstream media wants to avoid those, liberals want to avoid those, OBAMA wants to avoid those.

When the narrative started changing the machine is trying to shut it down. Why? Because educated citizens will understand how stupid this whole thing is.

We all know we've got problems in this country with homicides. We ALL want to help improve that. I want my kids and my wife to be safe. But, honest gun owners KNOW that banning guns won't help that, hah. That's stupid. Banning magazines and pistols grips - that's not intelligent at all!

The liberal media and politicians DO NOT WANT the public to be educated. Because, truly, they would be outed for the bastards they are. Granted, some of them are just stupid. Which, really, isn't a good excuse - but it's like someone with down syndrome; They may not be as sharp as you but they may be a better person. Those politicians are more rare than a diamond, though.

To simplify my babble; It seems like we're winning because the media is stalling to avoid having to discuss facts. Real facts. To avoid an educated public who would understand how the liberal elite are trying to lie to them.

Even liberals don't like to be mislead. As much as we disagree with their ideas - they know what freedom is and they want it, too. The fear of liberal leaders is -- WE would unite.