NY folks please read.....personal fiasco [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NY folks please read.....personal fiasco

kaboom336
01-17-2013, 07:38
So....

I sold my GLOCK using the classified section of this fine forum...

Worked GREAT!!:supergrin:

I am now attempting to ship to the buyer....in KENTUCKY....the GLOCK he has paid for.....

I contacted UPS and FED/EX local offices and various independent shippers......NO WAY they will not touch it....

Called local FFL that I deal with.....NO WAY.....he has not received any clarification about what he can and cannot do therefore he will do nothing at this point in time......:dunno:

Contacted another FFL who will ship but he is out of town until this weekend......

I hope my buyer understands:embarassed:

The level of fear and confusion in this area surprised me....

The federal regulations have not changed but folks are literally terrified to touch these things......:faint:

Make sure you can ship it before you sell it........

kaboom336
01-17-2013, 08:12
UPDATE:

I spoke to the buyer by phone........and while understandably dissapointed at the delay he will wait a few days:wavey:

This is nuts:steamed:

MarcDW
01-17-2013, 08:24
Let me ask you a question: Are you in the NRA??

SPIN2010
01-17-2013, 08:31
NYS, you are doomed ... leave now and take said gun to new place of residence for ship. Good Luck!

kaboom336
01-17-2013, 09:27
Yes I am a member of the NRA and moving is not practical at the present time......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spiffums
01-17-2013, 09:55
I think I would have lined up how to ship before I put it up for sale. Not faulting you at all as this is probably the 1st time you have ever had to do something like this.

FLglockdude
01-17-2013, 10:05
I say you deliver it to him personally and not return.

Sent from my Obama phone.

GlockPride
01-17-2013, 10:08
Yes I am a member of the NRA and moving is not practical at the present time......

Not sure why you would surrender your God-given rights for 'practical'. Your words. Nothing, NOTHING, would stop me from leaving. I'd rather live homeless and free in the hills of OK than comfortably under tyranny. Unfortunately, if most think like you we ARE doomed as 'they' have been saying we are.

silvrevo
01-17-2013, 10:19
think of all the pending sales made the few days proir to all this crap actually going thru

what a mess!!!!!!

kaboom336
01-17-2013, 10:31
I never expected the responses I received as the federal laws are still unchanged.......even an FFL holder for 30 plus years doesn't even want it in his shop at the present time......fortunately I know other FFL holders......

The government here in NY is feared to the absolute.....but I cannot walk away from my job and my responsibility to my family.......

I wish it was as simple as some of you make it sound......

JDSTG58
01-17-2013, 17:58
The government here in NY is feared to the absolute.....but I cannot walk away from my job and my responsibility to my family.......

I'm here with you and feel the same. Just not that simple to walk away from a life you've built for your family. Someday......

JDSTG58
01-17-2013, 18:44
All NYs please go to this link to support efforts to repeal this travesty of a law......

Support Senator Kathleen Marchione

Thank You for any help.

http://www.nysenate.gov/webform/stand-second-amendment-standing-new-york-state-senator-kathleen-marchione

The_Gun_Guru
01-17-2013, 23:00
I say you deliver it to him personally and not return.

AMEN!!!!!!!

I never expected the responses I received as the federal laws are still unchanged.......even an FFL holder for 30 plus years doesn't even want it in his shop at the present time......fortunately I know other FFL holders......

I wish it was as simple as some of you make it sound.

An UNCONSTITUTIONAL law is NOT a law.

If the Constitution is in tact and they are just writing new laws for the heck of it, then they are ILLEGAL laws....plain and simple!

Our forefathers broke the "law" as well, and we all know how that fight ended!

Don't give up! We will prevail if we stand as one nation!!!

TGG

MarcDW
01-18-2013, 01:02
I would fight on every legal level I could.
I would write to my "representatives" and practice civil disobedience where ever possible.
Get on the school board and get politically active yourself.
You owe it to your children to bring them up in the best environment you can provide.

clarson_75
01-18-2013, 02:04
could you field strip it and send in a couple different boxes? might be a little more, but then neither can be identified as a gun

Warp
01-18-2013, 02:19
Perhaps I am missing something, but I've gone over the new NY laws and I cannot for the life of me see how something as mundane as shipping a handgun to an FFL would, legally, change?

could you field strip it and send in a couple different boxes? might be a little more, but then neither can be identified as a gun

The frame would still legally be, and could still be identified as, a gun.

Any reason you can't ship it UPS to an FFL and just not tell UPS what's in the package? Use an online account, enter the package info, pay, print a label, tape it to the box, schedule a pickup or drop it off at a UPS store...done deal?

kaboom336
01-18-2013, 03:59
You have to tell the shipper it is a firearm......the frame is still a firearm....

The federal laws have not changed but some folks are not willing to take the risk......

The buyer WILL receive it....it is just taking a bit longer....

kenpoprofessor
01-18-2013, 04:06

Yes, it really is that simple once you've made your mind up that you won't tolerate the tyranny oppressing you. You say it's not "practical" to move. Then don't, stay and live like a peasant.

But that's the problem, you guys stay where you are, feeding their tax machine to keep your oppressors in power. Take your voting rights and money to another state where you're appreciated.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Scrappy
01-18-2013, 06:30
I think your jumping the gun,lol selling off your Glock because of this NY law crap!
I would keep it!
You could always move to PA like a lot of others have done and take public transportation into NY for work! Most that live here still work in NJ and NY including myself!
Best thing I did was move from NJ its like a different country in PA

Start spreading the news, Im leaving today, NY NY I want no part of it, NY, NY!
Steve McLaughlin for president!
Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin discusses the New York SAFE Act - YouTube

Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin discusses the NY SAFE Act - Part 2 - YouTube

kaboom336
01-18-2013, 08:28
Scrappy.....I'm 500+ miles from NYC

Taking a train from PA every day ain't gonna work.....

kenpoprofessor......I respect your opinion and you can make any decision that suits your situation......

You do not know mine so attacking me or my love of freedom and making me the bad guy is flat wrong.

wdp
01-18-2013, 08:51
All NYs please go to this link to support efforts to repeal this travesty of a law......

Support Senator Kathleen Marchione

Thank You for any help.

http://www.nysenate.gov/webform/stand-second-amendment-standing-new-york-state-senator-kathleen-marchione

Thanks for the heads-up, done!

Warp
01-18-2013, 10:17
Yes, it really is that simple once you've made your mind up that you won't tolerate the tyranny oppressing you. You say it's not "practical" to move. Then don't, stay and live like a peasant.

But that's the problem, you guys stay where you are, feeding their tax machine to keep your oppressors in power. Take your voting rights and money to another state where you're appreciated.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

You have a family...wife and children...who are relying on your income, moving to live in poverty homeless and jobless is a piss poor option.

With the economy and job market the way it is, it might take some time to line up a place to move to.

But as a New York resident, you should be spending every waking minute not working, working on finding a way to move.

fnfalman
01-18-2013, 10:31
I love how the naysayers would advocate to tuck tails and run. Yeah, like that'll help.

vikingsoftpaw
01-18-2013, 11:39
Since you are in NY the Glock must be sent to a KY FFL Holder. Place the pistol in a box, ship it U.P.S. and declare it to be machine parts.

Common carriers are not afraid to touch firearms. They are afraid their employees will steal them.

jdeere_man
01-18-2013, 14:53
you must declare it as a firearm.

being a common person it must go common carrier, UPS or FedEx basically.

Their company policies is air service.

You must take it to a customer service center ran by UPS. Normally there is only one in a big town. Its where they sort and load trucks. Private shipping centers for UPS and FedEx will not accept it for shipping. If you go to a customer service center and they refuse to ship it ask to speak with someone else.

USSOCOM
01-18-2013, 16:36
Knee jerk reactions, all. If I was the buyer I would wait a reasonable time to allow you to make a proper and legal transfer through your FFL that will return next week. Especially if I was satisfied as a buyer and the price paid for the pistol and whatever other accessories were included.

I wish you the best.

kaboom336
01-23-2013, 17:58
DELIVERED!!!!!:wavey:

true believer
01-23-2013, 18:13
good...:wavey: