Newest addition to the 'Family.' [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Newest addition to the 'Family.'

chemboy
01-17-2013, 12:02
Picked up an NIB Glock26 Gen3 today. I have heard so much positive info about this pistol that I finally took the plunge.
Hard to believe in that 20 years of 'Glocking' I have never even fired a 26! :shocked:
Needless to say, that is about to change. :cool::cool:

beforeobamabans
01-17-2013, 12:07
Congrats. You won't be sorry.

Kentguy
01-17-2013, 13:22
Chemboy,

I too have a G26, Gen3 this is my EDC and I really love it! I practice often with it (as should you if you are going to carry this pistol), it's balanced well for me. I use the +2 mag extension which gives me 12 + 1 to carry - more than enough to stop most any threat that comes my way. :thumbsup:

Not to mention it's just out right fun to shoot at the range.

Congrats have fun and be safe.

BMiracletx
01-17-2013, 13:31
You will love it! Actually I just put one on hold for me today at the LGS. I used to have a 26 and let it get away from me...

I currently have 16 glock models... the only ones I don't have are a 26, 33, and a 29. In the near future I will have those as well.

G26S239
01-17-2013, 13:41
Congrats Chemboy.

chemboy
01-17-2013, 14:28
Chemboy,

I too have a G26, Gen3 this is my EDC and I really love it! I practice often with it (as should you if you are going to carry this pistol), it's balanced well for me. I use the +2 mag extension which gives me 12 + 1 to carry - more than enough to stop most any threat that comes my way. :thumbsup:

Not to mention it's just out right fun to shoot at the range.

Congrats have fun and be safe.

Kentguy,
I may give those +2 extensions a look-if I can find any!
I have owned 3 G27s in the past, with a few thousand rounds down ranger per. I am thinking that the 9X19 'version' will be very nice indeed.

Kentguy
01-17-2013, 15:14
Chemboy,

Here is where I picked mine up at;

http://glockstore.glockstore.com/glock-factory-magazines/glock-mag-ext-2-9-40-357

bac1023
01-17-2013, 19:50
Congrats! :cool:

elijah58
01-17-2013, 19:59
Kentguy,
I may give those +2 extensions a look-if I can find any!
I have owned 3 G27s in the past, with a few thousand rounds down ranger per. I am thinking that the 9X19 'version' will be very nice indeed.

Congrats on the G26' I hope you can find ammo, it is getting really scarce around here. I ordered 500 9mm heads from hornady about three months ago and it took about two months to get them.
Eli

chemboy
01-18-2013, 07:29
Congrats on the G26' I hope you can find ammo, it is getting really scarce around here. I ordered 500 9mm heads from hornady about three months ago and it took about two months to get them.
Eli

I have noticed the same thing in my area. 40, 10mm, and 45 ACP aren't too scarce, but 9X19...sheesh!

chemboy
01-18-2013, 07:29
Chemboy,

Here is where I picked mine up at;

http://glockstore.glockstore.com/glock-factory-magazines/glock-mag-ext-2-9-40-357

Thanks for the link, Kentguy.
appreciated

burttrans
01-18-2013, 08:50
Picked up an NIB Glock26 Gen3 today. I have heard so much positive info about this pistol that I finally took the plunge.
Hard to believe in that 20 years of 'Glocking' I have never even fired a 26! :shocked:
Needless to say, that is about to change. :cool::cool:

Congrats on the 26!!:cool:

Last weekend at gun show in Des Moines I bought a Glock 26 Gen 3 made in the USA!! I have been wanting one and looking around for 4 months now and when I saw the made in the USA I made it mine. Put 50 rounds thru it yesterday love it; I am as accurate with it as my G19!

chemboy
01-18-2013, 08:56
Congrats on the 26!!:cool:

Last weekend at gun show in Des Moines I bought a Glock 26 Gen 3 made in the USA!! I have been wanting one and looking around for 4 months now and when I saw the made in the USA I made it mine. Put 50 rounds thru it yesterday love it; I am as accurate with it as my G19!

burt,
I just sort of 'lucked into mine' also. Was at my local shop picking up my G32 I had on layaway a week or two ago and saw the 26 in the display case!:wow:
I just had to have it, ya know??
:supergrin:

burttrans
01-18-2013, 09:04
burt,
I just sort of 'lucked into mine' also. Was at my local shop picking up my G32 I had on layaway a week or two ago and saw the 26 in the display case!:wow:
I just had to have it, ya know??
:supergrin:

I was lucky too my son-in-law and I walking around gun show just heading for the door with no new purchases and saw this one dealer setup down a hallway totally out of the way. I turned around and said let's go down here real quick and that is when I found it. I ask dealer behind table how long have you had the USA G26 and he said Glocks are not made in the USA. He owned the gun shop and had no idea what he had. Out of maybe 50 glocks 2 were made in USA both G26 Gen3.

chemboy
01-18-2013, 09:09
I was lucky too my son-in-law and I walking around gun show just heading for the door with no new purchases and saw this one dealer setup down a hallway totally out of the way. I turned around and said let's go down here real quick and that is when I found it. I ask dealer behind table how long have you had the USA G26 and he said Glocks are not made in the USA. He owned the gun shop and had no idea what he had. Out of maybe 50 glocks 2 were made in USA both G26 Gen3.

burt,
dumb question, but how do you know a Glock is US made? All of my recent ones still say 'Made in Austria' but I notice the barrels have the inscription 'AT' on the top of the chamber?
Most of my older Glocks don't have that marking on the barrel.

????

burttrans
01-18-2013, 09:17
burt,
dumb question, but how do you know a Glock is US made? All of my recent ones still say 'Made in Austria' but I notice the barrels have the inscription 'AT' on the top of the chamber?
Most of my older Glocks don't have that marking on the barrel.

????

My G26 has USA on slide and barrel stamped USA and also frame has made in USA Smyrna, GA compared to my G19 all these locations will show made in Austria. I hope to get some pictures soon and will try and post.

chemboy
01-18-2013, 09:38
My G26 has USA on frame and barrel stamped USA and also frame has made in USA Smyrna, GA compared to my G19 all these locations will show made in Austria. I hope to get some pictures soon and will try and post.

I see! Thanks for indulging me, burt.

up1911fan
01-18-2013, 10:06
Congrats. Good summer time ccw piece.