conversion barrel [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : conversion barrel

BCGUNCOLL
01-17-2013, 13:47
a glock 20 can be converted to a 357sig with just a 357sig barrel i believe. i was wondering if anyone has had any experience w/ this project? im pondering doing this myself.

BMiracletx
01-17-2013, 14:19
You are correct. You will have to get specifically the 10mm to 357 conversion since the standard 357 has different barrel dimensions. Be sure that you get the right one.

As for the mags, you should be good to go. I have read of people doing this and they haven't even had to change recoil springs. Personally, I have no real world experience has I have both a 20 and a 31 and 32... so need fo rme to get a conversion.

Good luck! You should be good to go! I love shooting 357SIG!

BCGUNCOLL
01-24-2013, 11:05
thanx for the info. i got my conversion barrel. slapped it in. shot two different handloads out of it. two three round groups at 25 yards, averaged around two inches. i too, enjoyed the new to me caliber of 357 sig. it holds the same p.o.i. as my 10mm. thanx again. keep on bangin' :)

devildog66
01-24-2013, 11:15
Get the conversion barrel and go to town!

Brian Lee
01-24-2013, 11:48
Barrel only conversion works great. I've converted the G20 to everything it can be converted to, and mine feeds a lot better with the bottle necked cartridges (including 9x25 Dillon) than it does with 10MM. Mine has jammed a lot shooting 10MM, but nothing with a bottle neck has ever jammed in it once.

All I've ever changed was the barrel.

BMiracletx
01-24-2013, 13:02
Barrel only conversion works great. I've converted the G20 to everything it can be converted to, and mine feeds a lot better with the bottle necked cartridges (including 9x25 Dillon) than it does with 10MM. Mine has jammed a lot shooting 10MM, but nothing with a bottle neck has ever jammed in it once.

All I've ever changed was the barrel.

Can I ask what loading dies you are using to reload 10mm? (assuming you reload). I had lots of problems with jamming in my 10mm and 40s when I was using a Hornady sizing die. Come to find out, the die was over spec and wsa not sizing down far enough, and losing neck tension, and was causing feed problems. Once I went to the Redding sizing die, all those problems disappeared and they have been flawless since.

Its a shame, cuz I love the Hornady products.