Glock 34 CCW Holster Picks please!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 34 CCW Holster Picks please!!

sugarcreek
01-17-2013, 13:54
I fancy carrying a 34 both IWB, and OWB. Please no second hand opinions. I carry glocks, IWB only, but think an OWB open carry option for the 4th of July party might be good... I prefer wide spread loops, and can't appreciate the aesthetics of the crossbreed type holster. Single loops seem unstable...

Please share some experiences:

SCmasterblaster
01-17-2013, 14:04
http://www.bianchi-intl.com/

Screaming .357G
01-17-2013, 14:58
Holster maker Nick Matthews, made me a IWB that I use for both my G34, and G35. It carries and looks just like the ones I have from him for my 1911 full size. Carries the same as well.

dosei
01-17-2013, 15:03
Buy one and be done...the Black Ops Pro Plus from Pure Kustom:
http://www.purekustomholsters.com/

sugarcreek
01-17-2013, 22:19
Buy one and be done...the Black Ops Pro Plus from Pure Kustom:
http://www.purekustomholsters.com/

They do not list the 34/35 but they look nice...

dosei
01-18-2013, 07:19
They do not list the 34/35 but they look nice...

Rocky is a guy that, if at all possible, will make whatever you want. Give him a call and ask.

nickcarr
01-20-2013, 00:56
I fancy carrying a 34 both IWB, and OWB. Please no second hand opinions. I carry glocks, IWB only, but think an OWB open carry option for the 4th of July party might be good... I prefer wide spread loops, and can't appreciate the aesthetics of the crossbreed type holster. Single loops seem unstable...

Please share some experiences:

I've been on this quest lately as well Sugarcreek but for a Glock 35 Gen4.

So far I've tried:

1. Galco King-Tuk (which does work fine for G34/G35)
2. Comp-Tac Infidel

I'm waiting for:

1. Milt Sparks VM-2 (...will be here next Friday!)

I'm considering:

1. Galco "Quick Slide" holster for OWB.
2. Kirkpatrick Leather TCC (similar to SS-2) (8 week wait)
3. Raven Concealment Phantom (long wait)

Notes:

1. The King-Tuk works just fine for IWB carry although after a few carry sessions the "putting on" aspect (with those damn metal clips) is really irritating. After dealing with those clips, I'll never complain about having to put on/remove a belt loop holster again!

2. The Comp-Tac Infidel looked like a great holster on paper (or on the web site) but it does not have the usual "kydex lock" of the trigger guard. The CT Infidel has a really odd retention. You slide the pistol in and it's sort of a mushy feeling. Really didn't like this... I prefer the typical "klock" sound of a Glock snapping into kydex.

3. One holster I love is the Galco Triton. I called Galco's custom shop but they're pretty useless if they don't already make the model of holster you want. They won't make any custom Tritons. :crying:

4. Having owned several VM-2 holsters for 1911's I've never actually owned one for a Glock. I got lucky and found one in the GT Classifieds... it'll be here next week.

Conclusions:

1. Looking forward to the VM-2. I think this will be my primary holster. The Glaco Quick Slide looks interesting for OWB carry but will go with VM-2 for now. The King-Tuk will be a backup IWB holster as I have the Galco Tritions for all of my other Glocks.

SCmasterblaster
01-21-2013, 11:05
Well, you won't be using an ankle holster with those large Glocks. :)

nickcarr
01-21-2013, 13:38
Well, you won't be using an ankle holster with those large Glocks. :)

Nor a front pocket holster. Just not enough room. :tongueout:

Spiffums
01-21-2013, 14:42
MTAC for IWB whatever belt holster tickles your fancy. I use a Dale Fricke Gideon for OWB.

FSHNFVR
01-21-2013, 14:58
Dale Fricke. Check him out. Great holsters.

ChiTownPicaro
01-22-2013, 04:34
I like the Comptac CTAC.

nickcarr
01-27-2013, 16:19
As promised, here's the VM-2 I received from a GT member. It fits like a glove and is sweet! I've been carrying it all weekend. It just doesn't want to come off. :P

I forgot how comfortable the VM-2 can be... even with this "large" pistol...

http://home.comcast.net/~k7cj/g35vm2.jpg