Kimber magazine issue? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kimber magazine issue?

Goosemanimis
01-17-2013, 15:51
My dad recently picked up a Kimber super carry pro. He purchased a couple of Wilson combat mags model 47D eight rounders. They don't seat unless you press in the mag release other then that they function fine. I haven't had a chance to experience this first hand. Any input would be great.

Gregg702
01-17-2013, 15:57
My dad recently picked up a Kimber super carry pro. He purchased a couple of Wilson combat mags model 47D eight rounders. They don't seat unless you press in the mag release other then that they function fine. I haven't had a chance to experience this first hand. Any input would be great.

8 rounders with 1 in the chamber don't tend to sit flush without a lot of effort. They are more useful as spare mags, because the open chamber gives them plenty of room to seat properly when reloading.

faawrenchbndr
01-17-2013, 16:02
New mags, stiff springs, they will breaking after a while.
Insert mag, tap the mag smartly to seat.

Goosemanimis
01-17-2013, 16:08
This is happening with empty mags as well. Will have to run some rounds through it and go from there.

fnfalman
01-17-2013, 16:47
It happens to some of my Colts too. Hell, it happens to other handguns of different makes. It's just manufacturer's tolerance.

silversport
01-18-2013, 07:16
I've had a similar difficulty with my Kimber and MetalForm Elite mags (8 round longer tube)...not all 1911 mags fit nicely with all 1911 pattern pistols...but I suspect that the issue may also be as described above...however...my 7 rounders fit just fine with these issues mostly happening with the 8 round magazines (for me at least)...

Bill

faawrenchbndr
01-18-2013, 08:44
This is happening with empty mags as well. Will have to run some rounds through it and go from there.

How are the Kimber mags? Sounds like either the mag release may be out off spec.

Goosemanimis
01-19-2013, 15:20
The kimber mags run through the gun fine even the eight rounders