LGS says no more Sig Handguns... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LGS says no more Sig Handguns...

blackangus
01-17-2013, 20:10
...to the customer looking at .380's for his "wife." Owner said they cannot get any more new Sig handguns as the company is switching manufacturing over to catch up on rifle demand...or so they heard.

Seemed like a sales push. I can't see how converting handgun production to rifle is worthwhile. I'm probably wrong.

gommer
01-17-2013, 20:34
It may have some level of truth to it.

If I made guns I'd be focusing all of my efforts on items that are in the highest demand. Right now that's their assault rifles and handguns with more than 10rd capacity standard mags.

That said, I'm also very skeptical.

G26S239
01-17-2013, 21:03
Sounds like more chairborne ranger bs.

I'M Glockamolie
01-17-2013, 21:10
I was in my LGS, and saw something I hadn't ever seen in years of going there: Red box (certified preowned) Sigs. They were mixed in with the remainder of new Sigs. Coincidence?

bac1023
01-17-2013, 21:36
Interesting

ALLVOL
01-17-2013, 23:33
Was in my LGS on Thursday and they were putting out 4 Sigs while I was there. Some 226's, and 229's.

raven11
01-18-2013, 00:11
sounds like B.S. Sig isn't kel tec they don't make guns in batches not to mention the equipment needed to make a P226 isn't the same equipment needed to make a Sig M400 AR they have the ability to make both at the same time and how automated the process is I doubt the extra personnel they transfer would even be needed on the AR line

01-18-2013, 03:25
Lgs bs.

Nalapombu
01-18-2013, 03:27
I wouldn't doubt it. This madness is going on all over the country. I read and hear stuff even down here in Texas that the shelves are bare and people are buying whatever they can get their hands on.

I haven't been in a shop in a while, I think I'll go visit the most popular shop in the area tomorrow and chat with them to see what it's been like and what they are seeing for the next month or so.

Don't forget that these companies also have to get their stuff that's going to be shown at SHOT ready to sell too.

This craziness may last a while.

Nalajr

TheJ
01-18-2013, 04:49
I've heard all kinds of absolutely bs in lgs. So definitely would not put much stock in what they said.

blackangus
01-18-2013, 17:59
My Sig 1911 TTT got picked up today. (No haven't had a chance to shoot it yet)

When I walked into the shop to buy it in the first place at my LGS, I was promptly told,

"Just got it in today!, the TTT is my favorite Sig 1911 too!"

Wow, what are the odds :wow:

garya1961
01-18-2013, 18:38
It's your last chance , you better buy it NOW.

Bow Commander
01-19-2013, 18:24
Sounds like more chairborne ranger bs.

This.

Andy W
01-19-2013, 19:13
Anybody picked up a 220 lately?

txeagle
01-19-2013, 19:59
I wouldn't doubt it. This madness is going on all over the country. I read and hear stuff even down here in Texas that the shelves are bare and people are buying whatever they can get their hands on.

I haven't been in a shop in a while, I think I'll go visit the most popular shop in the area tomorrow and chat with them to see what it's been like and what they are seeing for the next month or so.

Don't forget that these companies also have to get their stuff that's going to be shown at SHOT ready to sell too.

This craziness may last a while.

Nalajr

+1. The stores here in South Texas are a mob scene. Customers standing three deep. Ammo shelves bare. Inventory? Please-there is nothing left. They are rationing re-loading supplies. The phones ringing constantly and the exhausted clerks "no, we don't have any..no we're out..no, sorry, none of that..we're out..." It's just awful.

Pepiot
01-19-2013, 20:24
Find another gun store, don't support stupidity.

I'M Glockamolie
01-19-2013, 22:38
+1. The stores here in South Texas are a mob scene. Customers standing three deep. Ammo shelves bare. Inventory? Please-there is nothing left. They are rationing re-loading supplies. The phones ringing constantly and the exhausted clerks "no, we don't have any..no we're out..no, sorry, none of that..we're out..." It's just awful.

I'm in Katy, home of Academy Sports. They had a decent pistol selection, and quite a bit of ammo at pre-Sandy Hook pricing. What you couldn't get was any 9mm, and some target loads in .45 and .40. There was a lot of 10mm, .357 Sig, etc. They just started yesterday going to one box of pistol rounds per customer in the popular handgun calibers. I picked up Canik C-100 CZ clone in 9mm for $299.00. It would cost 1/3 of that to just buy the magazines at current pricing.

PzGren
01-19-2013, 22:59
...to the customer looking at .380's for his "wife." Owner said they cannot get any more new Sig handguns as the company is switching manufacturing over to catch up on rifle demand...or so they heard.

Seemed like a sales push. I can't see how converting handgun production to rifle is worthwhile. I'm probably wrong.

I have been to the SIG Sauer handgun facility in Eckernförde, Schleswig Holstein in the very north. Rifles are made in Isny, Baden Würtemberg, in the very south. Production split already about 4 years ago.

Because of that, I have to raise my b.s. flag.

Andrewsky
01-19-2013, 22:59

You're probably right.

Marshall Dillon
01-19-2013, 23:32
I just got back from the SHOT Show. I spoke with a SIG rep at the show about this very subject. He told me they're switching all of their production to a larger facility and have experienced some delays due to the move but, according to him, nothing that would have any real impact on meeting demand.

bamarammin87
01-20-2013, 21:11
Sig is actually stopping production on certain models. Not bs.

RJ's Guns
01-20-2013, 23:59
I read somewhere that the delay in production was caused because Sig was moving to a larger production facility and after the move; Sig would be able to increase production. However, I do not have any firsthand knowledge in that regards.

I just purchase a Sig P229 Elite Dark, for me and I bought a Sig P229 Extreme for mygirlfriend to use as a house defense pistol. The local gun stores in the Seattle area seem to have a lot of Sigs, relatively speaking, during this current run on guns, thanks to Our Dear Leader and the Democraps.

RJ