Question about Aftermarket UPPERS and Conversions. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question about Aftermarket UPPERS and Conversions.

Nalapombu
01-18-2013, 04:00
Hey all,

I was reading a bit on the LONGSLIDE area about the G20 and G21 models. I went to the supplier to read about their slides for making such a pistol. I see that you can use these uppers to convert your base model into another caliber. For example, if you have a G20 you can buy a new slide and maybe some other parts, and have yourself a G21 with longer slide or vice versa, a G21 into a G20. Do I have that right?

Can you tell me if this also works for the G30 frame and G29? Could I take a G30 frame that's 45ACP and buy a TACTICAL length slide from Lone Wolf with the appropriate barrel and parts and put it on the G30 frame and have a 10mm pistol with the Tactical length slide? I ask because the G30 frame, particularly the SFS frame, fits my hand better.

I think that would be a great setup to pack when hog hunting, a G30 frame with a 10mm TACTICAL length slide.

POSSIBLE?? What do you think of it?

Also if anyone has any pics of their 20, 21 or 30 with one of the Tactical length slides, I'd like to see it. I asked down in the LONGSLIDE section and still haven't seen anything.

Thanks for the time and help.

Nalajr

Arc Angel
01-18-2013, 09:35
G-30, G-29? No. The frame is not compatible with the longer slide.

GRT45
01-18-2013, 10:09
An extended length barrel is the only option for the G30 and G29 subcompact frames as the tactical and long slides are not viable. You can get a 4.48" extended length 45-10mm conversion barrel for the G30 if you buy from a USA supplier, and up to 6.02" for an imported conversion barrel.

This post has all the information about converting the G30/G30SF to 10mm in great detail: Converting the Glock 30 to 10mm Caliber (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18970140&postcount=4)