No teeth [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : No teeth

patrol21
01-18-2013, 06:54
New to the forum. Have a Glock17 which is my duty weapon. I am a full armed DOJ security officer in the lovely state of NY. All of the guys on my team are off duty LE and we all moon light working different locations/gigs. The bro's that are full LE have the ability to carry full sized magazines (high cap) because of their status. Myself, I am not so lucky. I have to follow the NYS rules which go into effect today.....last week I could carry 10 round or preabd 18 round mags. This week....7 per mag.....really......really....it's not bad enough that I am limited to 7 rounds by the state but now in a critical situation I am sure the perfs will be following the 7 rule....BTW..I am from West Webster and the recent events there hit very close to home as i live within a few blocks of the area. I understand bit's a pieces of the new bill but to take the ability for me to be able to defend myself is lunacy. :steamed:

raven11
01-18-2013, 09:03
you have my sympathy, Illinois tried to pass a ban tha would cover 90% of the guns sold but it never went to a vote because it didn't have enough support to pass. so they tried to attach the gun bill as a rider to a nuclear safety and sex offender bill which both failed to pass

we were very close this year

glock2740
01-18-2013, 09:16
If someone in NY isn't preparing to repeal that nonsense, as we speak, then it is deserved.

faawrenchbndr
01-18-2013, 09:20
you have my sympathy, Illinois tried to pass a ban tha would cover 90% of the guns sold but it never went to a vote because it didn't have enough support to pass. so they tried to attach the gun bill as a rider to a nuclear safety and sex offender bill which both failed to pass

we were very close this year

Should be illegal for them to piggy back bills like they do.

Bill Lumberg
01-18-2013, 09:29
Confused on the "full LE". There is no "part" LE. You're either LE our you're not. That said, my sympathy for your predicament. It's a sickening time.
New to the forum. Have a Glock17 which is my duty weapon. I am a full armed DOJ security officer in the lovely state of NY. All of the guys on my team are off duty LE and we all moon light working different locations/gigs. The bro's that are full LE have the ability to carry full sized magazines (high cap) because of their status. Myself, I am not so lucky. I have to follow the NYS rules which go into effect today.....last week I could carry 10 round or preabd 18 round mags. This week....7 per mag.....really......really....it's not bad enough that I am limited to 7 rounds by the state but now in a critical situation I am sure the perfs will be following the 7 rule....BTW..I am from West Webster and the recent events there hit very close to home as i live within a few blocks of the area. I understand bit's a pieces of the new bill but to take the ability for me to be able to defend myself is lunacy. :steamed:

garya1961
01-18-2013, 09:50
A citizen faces the same crooks as a LEO faces. Why does the LEO need more bullets?

Bill Lumberg
01-18-2013, 09:54
Welcome to planet earth. The threat profile for a police officer and the average citizen are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

collim1
01-18-2013, 09:56
If I was limited to 7rds I would be carrying a .357mag revolver or a 1911 in .45, I'd rather have caliber if I cant have capacity. Not to mention I would feel pretty silly carrying a 15rd mag with only 7 loaded in it. Guess I'm OCD but it would feel incomplete and drive me nuts.

There is no point in carrying a Glock in .40 or 9mm If I am restricted to carrying less than standard capacity.

Sig P220 is a another great choice and you can still find the flush fit 7rd mags for it pretty easy.

I feel for you, and I have little doubt that it was not "overlooked" when the plan was written. They had to have intended for the ban to include to LE.

I wouldn't feel under-armed at all carrying a 686+ with 7 rds of .357mag Gold Dot. Its a proven stopper in a reliable and accurate platform.