CMP- Running low on ammo? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CMP- Running low on ammo?

schild
01-18-2013, 06:59
I got my latest order from CMP this week, another 200 round ammo can of surplus Greek ammo. By the condition of the ammo and ammo can I wonder if the CMP is starting to run low on ammo. The ammo can is so rusty it has to be thrown in the garbage. About 10% of the ammo isn't Greek, but from Twin Cities Ord. Plant (TW 53). Almost every round of the TW is garbage and the condition of the Greek is getting spotty.

If you were planning on surplus ammo from CMP I wouldn't wait because it may be gone. Personally I think I'll order some Hornady next time.

Brucev
01-18-2013, 07:47
The happy times of ammo through the CMP are over. Buy what you can when you can.

collim1
01-18-2013, 08:04
I sure hope nope. After years of procrastination I am just now getting ready to drive down and pick out my M1 Garand.

faawrenchbndr
01-18-2013, 08:42
Get it while you can. They have been stating they will soon run dry for a while.

cessnastud
01-19-2013, 01:58
I bought a bunch of M2 through Wideners back in November. Almost all KA headstamp, so a thorough cleaning is in order. If prefer the Greek, but it'll get me by. I also picked up multiple thousands of the 150 grain projectiles for future reloads. It's really the only way to go considering how much I hope to shoot.

Brucev
01-19-2013, 08:33
The Greek sourced HXP M-2 from the CMP is very good ammo, well worth the price. CMP also sold some post-WWII If one should receive some rounds that are less than perfect, CMP customer service is excellent.