So, is Glock going to build 7 rounders? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : So, is Glock going to build 7 rounders?

Nagoya10
01-18-2013, 07:30
Since New York state has went full marxist retard and banned any new mags beyond 7 rounds, that pretty much shuts Glock out of the new pistol market in NY, except the less popular 36. Most gun manufacturers have usually stepped up fairly quick with reduced capacity magazines when the laws went that way in the past. I am thinking Glock will be coming out shortly with 7 round mags, but not sure if they will do it for all models, or just some models or maybe not do it at all.

Anyone know anything?

frogmorton11
01-18-2013, 07:39
I think they will just come out with plugs for existing 10 rd mags.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

dkf
01-18-2013, 07:40
I don't expect Glock to come out with 7rd mags. LEOs will not have to comply with that limit once the law is modified so it will not effect them. It is a waste IMO to come out with special mags for one state. Especially when you are a company whom cannot keep up with current demand.

NY got screwed, try to get the law to the supreme courts and thrown out. The NY dictator violated the manditory 3 day review period.

jmb79
01-18-2013, 07:43
Could be the law incentivizes Glock to come out with the single stack, compact 9mm and .40 S&W. But probably not.

fuzzy03cls
01-18-2013, 07:47
Not a chance. I think Glock would rather not sell to NY then to retool. That would be a expensive thing to do. Like stated they can't keep up with current demand & even before this mess they had problems keeping up.

crash_gsxr750
01-18-2013, 07:55
Nope NY residents either need to over ride stupid law with resolution during the next election

Or leave

glock2740
01-18-2013, 08:08
Glock shouldn't send another thing to NY. If Glock doesn't tell NYPD that they're on their own and won't receive another thing from Glock, they don't have a hair on their ass. And I guess NYPD now only puts 7 rounds in their magzines right? That is "the law" there now isn't it?

Nagoya10
01-18-2013, 08:20
I suppose Glock could redesign the follower to be much taller to limit capacity. That shouldn't be that much problem for them. Would hate to see thousands of new Glock buyers shut out by Marxist knee jerk off liberal politicians.

butcher_block
01-18-2013, 08:33
as much as i hate the thought of the ban. if it promps glock to make a longer slide for the G36 (making it same weight as a G29) and making the G36L tht can shoot 10mm or 45 acp (wouldnt take mych to make that happen )

then if so inclined you could also shoot 9x25 38super/9x23 with a barrel swap
if you can only have 7 might as well make them full house

cajun_chooter
01-18-2013, 08:49
I don't expect Glock to come out with 7rd mags. LEOs will not have to comply with that limit once the law is modified so it will not effect them. It is a waste IMO to come out with special mags for one state. Especially when you are a company whom cannot keep up with current demand.

NY got screwed, try to get the law to the supreme courts and thrown out. The NY dictator violated the manditory 3 day review period.

thats what NY gets for electing communists...

crash_gsxr750
01-18-2013, 08:51
as much as i hate the thought of the ban. if it promps glock to make a longer slide for the G36 (making it same weight as a G29) and making the G36L tht can shoot 10mm or 45 acp (wouldnt take mych to make that happen )

then if so inclined you could also shoot 9x25 38super/9x23 with a barrel swap
if you can only have 7 might as well make them full house

I'd be more inclined to see if Rowland can make a conversion kit for it and shoot something really full house

460 Rowland

roger123
01-18-2013, 09:23
It would be my hope that Glock would never sell another thing in NY, including to LE to try and take a take a stand on this.

However, Glock is a company whose mission is to make money. It would probably take a few weeks to design and make a new mag. As an organization whose purpose is to make money why would they take themselves out of a market?

Many people I know have more than one Glock, they also have hats, t-shirts, range bags, etc. Seems like the market would be there for them. Obviously miniscule compared to the whole but a buck is a buck right?

Opie 1 Kenopie
01-18-2013, 09:26
Glock shouldn't send another thing to NY. If Glock doesn't tell NYPD that they're on their own and won't receive another thing from Glock, they don't have a hair on their ass. And I guess NYPD now only puts 7 rounds in their magzines right? That is "the law" there now isn't it?

Doesn't apply to law enforcement. That's why I can have full capacity magazines in my pistols here in the West Coast People's Republik also. No waiting period either. While I enjoy these "benefits"' I think they should apply to All Californians (and New Yorkers too in this case.). :dunno:

seanmac45
01-18-2013, 09:35
Just got off the phone with Glock customer service. No decision has been made yet with regards to producing NYS compliant magazines. Rep stated there have been NUMEROUS telephone inquiries on this topic. Said to call back in a month or so when they have had time to decide.

TFLWYO
01-18-2013, 10:26
It would be no-brainer to make a 7 round magazine for the G36 and make it the official NY Glock. While they are at it, they could make a 5 round flush fitting magazine to allow them to compete with the XDs without having to make a new gun.

butcher_block
01-18-2013, 10:32
if they made a long slide and used the G20/21 barrels in the mix they woudl have eazy swap for sales liek the 30s that they jsut sent out
29and 30 sl and not loose the slide mass that tames the recoil a bit and the G36l is under the 7 round (mayeb even a 7 round 10mm mag woudlnt be that hard to make

19glock11
01-18-2013, 10:52
I think the first man to mold a taller follower that will make a 10 round mag hold only 7 becomes the next millionaire.

John_NJ
01-18-2013, 11:07
I work near the NY NJ border and could have chosen to go and buy a house either way. Thank God I picked the right side. NJ gun laws now seem fair and generous compared to the stupidity in NY.

That said, there is too much potential money sitting on the table for Glock not to make a simple plug for a current 10 round mag and make it into seven.

crash_gsxr750
01-18-2013, 11:22
What does the law say;

Does it ban anything that can except a mag that holds more than 7 or just ban mags that hold more than 7

One requires gun modification so as to block use of grand fathered high cap mags

The other only needs 7 rounds specific mags

Just thinking out loud

butcher_block
01-18-2013, 11:29
i am unsure abot the new follower as the law woudl likely state that the round count could not readly be swapped back to full count

it woudl be like having a AR pistol upper (10 inch barrel ) and also having in the house a AR lower and not having an SBR permit (to easy to swap back and forth )

Nagoya10
01-18-2013, 11:55
The law, from what I have read on the internets, states that existing 10 rd mags can be retained but not loaded more than 7. Anything that can hold more than 10 must be gotten rid of out of state within 1 year. Any new mag must be 7 rds only. No idea if mags sitting in the boxes of new guns sitting on dealers shelf would be considered "grandfathered" for the next year is unknown to me. My guess is the government there would say a big fat NO to them being grandfathered, but who knows.

Regardless, until the law is overturned (IF its overturned) 7 rounds is the max. Hopefully there will not be arrests and being sent to pound it in your ass prison for having 8 rounds in your Glock.

wacopolumbo
01-18-2013, 12:32
It would be no-brainer to make a 7 round magazine for the G36 and make it the official NY Glock. While they are at it, they could make a 5 round flush fitting magazine to allow them to compete with the XDs without having to make a new gun.

I agree. When I had a 36, I really wished there was a 5 round mags for it.

ricky
01-18-2013, 13:48
Sounds like the same morons who voted for the biggest turd in history to ever occupy the White House. You wanted stupidity you got it, now live with it and not one complaint is what I say to the idiots.

jdeere_man
01-18-2013, 14:16
The Glock 39 is compliant. If I were Glock I would do it just to keep guns flowing into the state with ease to piss them off.

aujrb
01-18-2013, 14:23
I work near the NY NJ border and could have chosen to go and buy a house either way. Thank God I picked the right side. NJ gun laws now seem fair and generous compared to the stupidity in NY.

That said, there is too much potential money sitting on the table for Glock not to make a simple plug for a current 10 round mag and make it into seven.

sox!om

up1911fan
01-18-2013, 14:36
I could see a new follower, but not new mags.

SCC
01-18-2013, 15:02
I think the first man to mold a taller follower that will make a 10 round mag hold only 7 becomes the next millionaire.

Will not work ! You can remove them ..

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

G26S239
01-18-2013, 15:05

I would definitely like to be able to get two or three 5 round flush fit G36 mags. The 36 is good as is but the shorter option would be nice.

jw38
01-18-2013, 16:11

I'm with glock2740 on this. Come on Glock say Good Bye to NY.

Pier23
01-18-2013, 16:38
I wonder in terms of sales I wonder how large a market NY is for Glock?

I love the irony that most of my handguns are NYPD castoffs...if NY were really serious, they would melt the old PD weapons instead of putting them on the used market.

FLAHOTROD
01-18-2013, 16:47
In answer to the original question, and has already been stated a few posts ago, there is no need to make a seven-round magazine. NY law states that ten-round magazines are legal, as long as no more than seven rounds are loaded into them.

mrsurfboard
01-18-2013, 17:01

Hahahahaha, yeah, Glock is going to do that. :rofl:

mrsurfboard
01-18-2013, 17:02
In answer to the original question, and has already been stated a few posts ago, there is no need to make a seven-round magazine. NY law states that ten-round magazines are legal, as long as no more than seven rounds are loaded into them.

Only the ones that you already own. New mags over 7 rounds are NOT allowed. So if you don't own a glock yet, unless its the G36 of the mini GAP one, you won't be able to buy it in NY.

deputy1199
01-18-2013, 17:28
In New York law enforcement officers (police, Sheriffs & deputies, corrections officers, court officers, etc.) are exempt from the firearms provisions of the Penal Law. That's why upon my retirement I moved to Pennsylvania.

uncleted327
01-18-2013, 18:00
As one of the screwed NY residents. What some have already said is true. No plug or new follower will work, its going to have to be 7 rounds period. Myself, aswell as many others will not be playing the game with Cuomo. I refuse to load 7 rounds in my 10 round magazines and I also believe Glock will not make special magazines for one state unless they can do it for little to no cost increase to themselves. As much as I love Glock mine is for sale in the classifieds. I will be going back to carrying my revolvers until this ridiculousness ends in NY...if it ends...

dkf
01-18-2013, 18:01
thats what NY gets for electing communists...

It makes it hard to get pro gun people into office when you have to deal with the massive libtard population in NYC and other larger NY cities.

franco4027
01-20-2013, 17:25
You guys need to move out of the peoples republic of NY. High taxes, unions running business to china, strict gun control. It really is a shame with so much to offer. Like Chicago, to Illinois NYC is to NY state. How can people be so stupid to keep electing these *******s.

mwbackus
01-20-2013, 17:43
The only thing that will make the NY commie government understand is for the entire population of the state to begin the grand exodus back to the free world. When the money that finances these idiots stops flowing into Albany and the Bloomberg's and the Cuomo's no longer have anyone to govern perhaps they will realize the harm they have done. Folks, the elite just don't get it...!!!

Michael Backus via Tapatalk