G19 mag slam sends locked slide into battery? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G19 mag slam sends locked slide into battery?

Hapworth
01-18-2013, 08:51
Recently test firing a new/old stock Glock 19 Gen4. Has the Glock factory extended slide release.

Several times, when inserting a full magazine with a sharp slap to the pad, the impact caused the slide to unlock and go into battery.

Never had this happen on a Glock or any other semi-auto before and didn't like it. Anyone else experience this? Normal? Possible or known problem? Suggestions?

(An aside: speaking of known problems, endless FTFs with the old RSA, none with the new; swapped 'em during the same range session and it was night and day.)

Joshhtn
01-18-2013, 08:55
Never had it happen to me, but I have seen MANY posts about it... Not a big deal at all.

robhic
01-18-2013, 09:01
Yeah, haven't had the problem myself (I have a Gen3 G19) but have read of others -- don't remember what model Glock -- doing this. Don't think it's a problem, although I don't think I'd want my Glocks to do it, but it doesn't seem to indicate a problem.

Maybe others will set me straight. :supergrin:

wdp
01-18-2013, 09:02
Does the slide lock on the last round and is it fully engaged in position? Almost sounds like its not fully locking into the slide. Was the extended slide release something you had installed? I hate these damn extended releases anyway, you really don't need them, jmo of course.

Hapworth
01-18-2013, 09:12
Does the slide lock on the last round and is it fully engaged in position? Almost sounds like its not fully locking into the slide. Was the extended slide release something you had installed? I hate these damn extended releases anyway, you really don't need them, jmo of course.Yes, the slide locks back perfectly on the last round.

Extended slide release was retailer installed. I didn't think I would like it but turns out I do. I agree they're far from necessary, though I imagine they're a boon to lefties.

I have the original and will swap and test.

Triple7
01-18-2013, 09:15
It happens with other brands never happen with my Glock. Makes for faster reloads

Bill Lumberg
01-18-2013, 09:16
Normal, routine, and not undesirable. Recently test firing a new/old stock Glock 19 Gen4. Has the Glock factory extended slide release.

Several times, when inserting a full magazine with a sharp slap to the pad, the impact caused the slide to unlock and go into battery.

Never had this happen on a Glock or any other semi-auto before and didn't like it. Anyone else experience this? Normal? Possible or known problem? Suggestions?

(An aside: speaking of known problems, endless FTFs with the old RSA, none with the new; swapped 'em during the same range session and it was night and day.)

ricky
01-18-2013, 09:18
It happens, I like it because of faster combat reloads.
Some choose to worry about this, finger off trigger gun pointed in safe Direction at all times and no issues.

glockguns
01-18-2013, 10:16
more info on this subject... http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1459985&highlight=slamming

Hapworth
01-18-2013, 10:30
Thank you for the replies and the link; I won't worry about it.

myglocksrock
01-18-2013, 12:11
It's not a problem it's supposed to happen. It happens every time when I shoot glocks although my fnp45 and hk45 go into battery with much less force. It's a good thing it saves you the step of pulling back on the slide it releasing the slide stop

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Nagoya10
01-18-2013, 12:59
My 21SF does it most of the time and I have come to expect it, and like it.

rustynail
01-18-2013, 17:04
normal

Reservecop55
01-18-2013, 17:18
Have had that happen with Several different Glocks. Not a problem, as a round is always chambered