Glock 17 Shooting issue [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 17 Shooting issue

gunsnfish
01-18-2013, 11:44
I have been shooting my glock 17 gen 3 .Most of my shots break left.Guys at the range were i shoot mentioned moving my sight over to correct the issue.However I am leery of this when I bench the gun and get it not to move I can shoot a 2 inch circle with the gun which tels me my sight is on.It is me that is causing the issue some type of flinch.they tel me just move the sight that is how your eye picks it up.But am i just enforcing bad habits buy moving the sight ??????? Or is this the way to go ??

up1911fan
01-18-2013, 11:48
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPKu08pp0LVl3S6LMlamtPYev6d0CEYCMzIcDnTind6n6ZhosuOg

cciman
01-18-2013, 12:44
Rule out bad habits, then correct the sights to point of aim.

Adopt a thumbs forward, high grip, with isosceles combat stance. Head down, both arms at full length. Without a gun, in this stance, have someone smack the front of your knuckles-- if your body moves, change your upper body lean-- hunker down.
Leave the movie stance for acting.

Dry fire trigger/grip/stance/headposition practice, assume your firing stance (not just sitting around- that comes later) when the striker fires, watch what the muzzle does, the muzzle should not move..any.

Tips: take slack out of the trigger, before commuting to the full trigger pressure. On follow up shots, do not let the trigger back to base, let out only until after the click reset.

After about 2000 rounds and 2 weeks of dryfire with muzzle control, if your shots group in a certain area, then move the sights.

SARDG
01-18-2013, 14:32
What cciman said + try more trigger finger...

fuzzy03cls
01-18-2013, 14:48
May also be left eye dominate & shoot right handed. In this case you either can move the gun left in your stance or slightly tilt the gun left. You can also adjust yoru rear sigth to compensate. However as said you need to eliminate your fundamentals before touching the sights.

4Rules
01-18-2013, 14:54
Straight Pull for Straight Shooting - NSSF Shooting Sportscast - YouTube