Question about laser sights??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question about laser sights???

Bernie Link
01-18-2013, 13:14
Have been looking for a laser sight for my (full size) 9mm and ran across "Lasertac" green laser for $99. It has the following Amazon customer reviews: 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Does anyone have input for me? Thanks, Bernie

5 star: (12) 4 star: (1) 3 star:(1) 2 star: (0) 1 star: (1)

up1911fan
01-18-2013, 13:55
Save your money. I wouldn't buy a laser other than Crimson Trace.

CarryTexas
01-18-2013, 14:19
After many years of thinking about it. I just recently bought Crimson Trace laser grips for my EDC G23 (LG-417)

I was concerned that they wouldn't be practical, but after practicing with them I have to say that target acquisition is much faster.

The price is steep, but it will almost certainly increase your chances of surviving a deadly force encounter.

RWBlue
01-18-2013, 15:23
May I suggest you buy a TLR-2. This is a laser+light. It is expensive, but I think it is worth it. Mine has held up very well my abuse. If you search on the TLR and TLR-2 you will fine a lot of love here in GT.

As far as other lasers, the IR one I bought for a song and a dance works great. The name brand one I got that cost an arm and a leg didn't do so well.

The other thing to remember with lasers is the batteries. The TLR-2 and the IR used CR123s. The other used a pile of watch batteries. CR123s are more available and setup to change batteries without re adjusting the laser.