RMR with mount ... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : RMR with mount ...

Rick305
01-19-2013, 01:42
I am curious if anyone has a picture of an RMR mounted on a glock that hasn't had the slide milled ...

Would I have to remove my front night sight ? I've wanted an RMR for a while now and I'm about to pull the trigger on one

bentbiker
01-19-2013, 02:20
I am curious if anyone has a picture of an RMR mounted on a glock that hasn't had the slide milled ...

Would I have to remove my front night sight ? I've wanted an RMR for a while now and I'm about to pull the trigger on one
You wouldn't have to remove the front sight to try the RMR with the RM44 mount, but it won't be usable with the RMR in place. The mount is one way to convince yourself that you like the RMR before committing to the milling of the slide, but I'd recommend against it. I feel the mount is overpriced and the money is better spent on a milled slide. The mount is fairly heavy and raises the RMR an extra 1/4".

Rick305
01-19-2013, 19:01
Thanks for the reply ...

Would you recommend a delta point ? I see it's significantly less expensive and it's a Leopold product so I'm curious if the rmr is worth the extra $200

bentbiker
01-27-2013, 19:08
No firsthand experience with the DeltaPoint. I didn't like the sight picture images I saw for it, and I love BOTH of my RMR's. Lots of RDS are less expensive, but I've never seen a convincing argument that any are as good for a pistol.