Question concerning my new g19 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question concerning my new g19

WayneJessie
01-19-2013, 13:01
The issue concerns the half-moon shaped cut that the recoil spings seats in on the barrel. The spring does not stay seated all the way down in the cut but slides up to the edge . No malfunction in operation and may be just normal.

Armed_Mermaid
01-19-2013, 13:32
Hi Wayne, from what I have read is that this is normal.
Here is an explanation that helped me:

The rear of the recoil assembly rests in the frame just infront of the take down lever. It never touches the barrel during use and when assembled. Lock the slide back and jiggle the barrel, you see they are not touching. The notch on the barrel is just to hold it in place while you assemble the slide back onto the frame. That is why when you take it off, its never in the notch...it just lands wherever it was in the frame at the moment the barrel came far enough forward to contact it again as your sliding the slide off. The gun flexes quite a bit under recoil.. During this "flexing" it's very likely the recoil assembly shifts it's position... After all, the assemblies really aren't held in place by much force when you compare it to the gun when it's firing..

Macbooklover91
01-19-2013, 13:50
On my gen 4 19 I notice when I'm field stripping it to clean it the spring often slides up a little and will be right between the lower and upper half moon seat on the barrel. My understanding is as long as when you put it together the spring is seated on the lower notch its fine.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Lone Wolf8634
01-19-2013, 14:19
Entirely normal. Enjoy your new gun.:wavey:

lethal tupperwa
01-19-2013, 15:43
the lower notch is the assembly position.

To avoid damage make sure it is there WHEN assembling.