TG131G2 vs. TG131GT2? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : TG131G2 vs. TG131GT2?

Lifeisgood7
01-19-2013, 17:31
So I'm looking to upgrade the stock sights on my G20 and would like some input as to which route to go.

It is mainly carried as a woods gun/hunting backup, but also home defense with a Lone Wolf .40 S&W conversion barrel.

I've narrowed down my choices to either the Truglo TG131G2 or the TG131GT2 and need help deciding which one to go with.

On one hand, I like the contrasting colors of the G2's (front is orange and rears are green) and they are about $22 cheaper... But on the other hand, I like the idea of having their TFO (tritium fiber optic) technology on the GT2's for home defense purposes.

Any input or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Glockbuster
01-20-2013, 20:14
Go with the TFOs, and specify green front and yellow rear. These sights are great fiber optics for daylight. In twilight they are still damn bright, and pitch dark the green front lights up more than the dimmer yellow rears which is very nice. You always want that distinct green bright front to stand out.

baron602
03-30-2014, 13:38
TG131GT2Y, I have put these on all my Glocks now. Once you try them you have to have them. Best I've ever shot. You really have to use them in the field to appreciate them.