NEW G19 Gen 3 with BTF... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NEW G19 Gen 3 with BTF...

Nightkast22
01-19-2013, 20:27
Hello guys,

I got a new G19 in the mail test fire date of 7-24-2012. Just reporting in that it has BTF issues. I got hit in the forehead with 3 out of 100 rounds. First round of mag once and then first round and second round another time.

My friend got a G19 from the same place G19 Gen 3 very close fire date to mine. Same thing happened to him 2 out of 100.

UPDATE: I am getting 2-5 out of every 50 now at 400rd count. Every 100rd has been different ammo. Winchester white box, magtech, remington UMC, federal 115gr.

Have a 30274 ejector and lone wolf extractor on the way. Will post again once installed and have results

http://i48.tinypic.com/fkbog5.jpg

01-19-2013, 22:09
were you using 115 gr?

pmer
01-19-2013, 22:12
I'd be tempted to try a drop of oil on the extractor and then you'd have an excuse to go shooting agian. :-)

09crue
01-19-2013, 22:22
congrats on the new G19,too bad Glock can't seem to fix the eratic ejection problem though..if it's reliable otherwise,guess i'd be happy :dunno:

kaech
01-19-2013, 22:46
Oh no! not 2 outta 100 rounds from a brand new glock, yeah thats a major BTF issue.....

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Nightkast22
01-19-2013, 23:17
Oh no! not 2 outta 100 rounds from a brand new glock, yeah thats a major BTF issue.....

You know whats great?!? Having no BTF issue at all like every other gun ive ever shot.

It was 115gr remington white and green.

Love the gun so far otherwise.

Andy W
01-19-2013, 23:32
That's not a bad BTF issue as long as it doesn't get worse. My gen 4 19 did it more than once every mag.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

jay1975
01-19-2013, 23:36
It's not a Gen 4? Impossible! Okay, just getting that out of the way. I would first try some oil on the extractor like pmer said. Also, try cycling some snap caps to help break it in and when you go back to the range, try several types of ammo to see if it's just one type or not.

High Altitude
01-20-2013, 01:07
Keep shooting. That actually isn't bad at all.

Hello guys,

I got a new G19 in the mail test fire date of 7-24-2012. Just reporting in that it has BTF issues. I got hit in the forehead with 3 out of 100 rounds. First round of mag once and then first round and second round another time.

My friend got a G19 from the same place G19 Gen 3 very close fire date to mine. Same thing happened to him 2 out of 100.

http://i48.tinypic.com/fkbog5.jpg

NMPOPS
01-20-2013, 01:30
Clean it, lube it. Shoot 500-1000 (various brands of ammo) rounds through it and report back if you are still having BTF issues.

Andy W
01-20-2013, 01:56
If you like, you can transfer it to me, along with 500 to 1000 rounds of your favorite 9mm ammo, and I'll shoot the ammo through it and see if it gets better or worse. :tongueout:

But seriously, shoot it until at least the 500 round mark, preferably up to 1000+, and then see what it does. Broken in recoil spring may alter the ejection pattern. As long as it doesn't go more than 2-3 out of every 100 rounds, I wouldn't worry too much. If the problem is getting worse, you should be able to tell before too long. Also try shooting a box of decent carry ammo through it and see what that does.

Ryobi
01-20-2013, 06:57
If the brass ejects and the weapon keeps running, the gun is fine.

Swipter
01-20-2013, 08:07
Mine did that (test fire date of 4 dec 12). I cleaned all the orange out (another post I read somewhere), fixed my grip and tried different ammo. I also cleaned it and lubed it. You probably aren't doing this but part of my problem was recoil management. My tanfoglio will shoot anything and spit it out just fine but don't get limp wristed or you will get an FTE. I found with my gen 3 19 if I do the same I will get a BTF, over the shoulder or a weaker ejection.

Nightkast22
01-20-2013, 10:42
I will shoot it some more and get back to you guys. My intentions was just to let the forum know my test fire dates and that it has minor issues. I am not complaining I knew what I was getting into when buying it that it was a possibility. You people that claim its not a problem though are a joke.

HKLovingIT
01-20-2013, 11:20
Well, a G17 I own did suffer from bad BTF. It ejected left, forward, straight back, whatever, from the first magazine. I'm not inclined to say you have a "BTF" Glock. If you have an F'ed up one you will really know it. Shoot the one you have some more.

The final fix for mine: (after trip to Glock, etc. etc. etc.)

Take the ejector from a 9mm Gen 4 trigger housing and put it in your existing Gen 3 trigger housing.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/225860/glock-trigger-housing-with-ejector-glock-9mm-generation-4

It works like a champ now. Nightstand duty.

However I think you should shoot the one you have a bit more until at least the 500 rounds mark. Doesn't sound like what I saw with mine from day one. If it gets worse over time, try the $8 part above.

Tiro Fijo
01-20-2013, 12:12
...You people that claim its not a problem though are a joke.

OK...............................Buttercup. :cool:

Buckshot Barry
01-20-2013, 12:50
This is how I fixed BTF on my Sept 2012, gen 3, G19

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1450148

Bill Lumberg
01-20-2013, 12:57
Thanks for your expert advice. It's folks like you who save the rest of us a whole lot of trouble. Seeing as I can't quite get my hands on an actual problem gun, I am forced to live vicariously through you. I salute you. I will shoot it some more and get back to you guys. My intentions was just to let the forum know my test fire dates and that it has minor issues. I am not complaining I knew what I was getting into when buying it that it was a possibility. You people that claim its not a problem though are a joke.

Beretta92guy
01-20-2013, 15:29
You know whats great?!? Having no BTF issue at all like every other gun ive ever shot.

It was 115gr remington white and green.

Love the gun so far otherwise.

NIghtkast22,

i hate to say it, but you have come to the WRONG place to talk about your Glock problems....and this is a Glock forum..LOL

according to the kool-aid drinkers, it is now ACCEPTABLE to be hit in the face with brass from Glock pistols, even though the millions......and millions of them made before 2010 did not...

even though you can pick up a NIB Springfield, MP, Sig, even a low-life Taurus and not get hit in the face with brass, its still acceptable for Glock....

the problem is the slides on a lot of Glock pistols are out-of-spec..specifically the cut-out for the extractor.....that is why a lot of the BTF problems start showing up after 500 rounds, once the extractor gets worn down you start getting BTF...

the Apex extractor has been a fix for some, though others have had the problem start showing up again after several hundred rounds.....

Glock wants to address the problem by changing out recoil springs and ejectors, sending it back to them will only yield the same results, BTF, and many on here have had that experience.....

my advice, if you REALLY like the Glock, try the Apex extractor, don't waste time spending it back to Glock....or, trade it for something else like a SA or Smith/Wesson...

but be careful, the Kool Aid force is strong with some on here....you will be labeled a troll, get sent nasty PM's calling you a communist and a liberal for hating the almighty GLOCK if you post too much about it......LOL.....

and WHY does this former glock kool-aid drinker himself still post if he does not own a glock anymore???

two reasons:

to help other people from wasting their money on a problem only Glock can really fix by making slides that are in-spec.

and

BECAUSE I CAN:tongueout:

Andy W
01-20-2013, 15:38
NIghtkast22,

i hate to say it, but you have come to the WRONG place to talk about your Glock problems....and this is a Glock forum..LOL

according to the kool-aid drinkers, it is now ACCEPTABLE to be hit in the face with brass from Glock pistols, even though the millions......and millions of them made before 2010 did not...

even though you can pick up a NIB Springfield, MP, Sig, even a low-life Taurus and not get hit in the face with brass, its still acceptable for Glock....

the problem is the slides on a lot of Glock pistols are out-of-spec..specifically the cut-out for the extractor.....that is why a lot of the BTF problems start showing up after 500 rounds, once the extractor gets worn down you start getting BTF...

the Apex extractor has been a fix for some, though others have had the problem start showing up again after several hundred rounds.....

Glock wants to address the problem by changing out recoil springs and ejectors, sending it back to them will only yield the same results, BTF, and many on here have had that experience.....

my advice, if you REALLY like the Glock, try the Apex extractor, don't waste time spending it back to Glock....or, trade it for something else like a SA or Smith/Wesson...

but be careful, the Kool Aid force is strong with some on here....you will be labeled a troll, get sent nasty PM's calling you a communist and a liberal for hating the almighty GLOCK if you post too much about it......LOL.....

and WHY does this former glock kool-aid drinker himself still post if he does not own a glock anymore???

two reasons:

to help other people from wasting their money on a problem only Glock can really fix by making slides that are in-spec.

and

BECAUSE I CAN:tongueout:

Not a Glock fan boy. Just sold a G19 after it had a really bad BTF issue which actually became worse after coming back from "repair" at Glock. Actually thinking of picking up a Sig or H&K next. However, I'm curious, is there any proof or evidence that erratic ejection and BTF is caused by out of spec extractor slots? Have you or anyone else actually took measurements?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

SCmasterblaster
01-20-2013, 16:15

He reported THREE out of 100, not two.

kaech
01-20-2013, 17:44
He reported THREE out of 100, not two.
OH NO HIM AND HIS BUDDY SHOULD SELL THERE GLOCKS AND TAKE UP SEWING:tongueout:

Nightkast22
01-27-2013, 13:07
I am getting 2-5 out of every 50 now at 400rd count. You fanboys are ridiculous.

Magtech, Winchester white box, Remington UMC. Same results and getting worse. Thanks HKLovingIT and Buckshot Barry for actually providing some useful advice.

tech859
01-27-2013, 18:29
I am getting 2-5 out of every 50 now at 400rd count. You fanboys are ridiculous.

Magtech, Winchester white box, Remington UMC. Same results and getting worse. Thanks HKLovingIT and Buckshot Barry for actually providing some useful advice.

I sold my Glock fleet and went back to the HK P30 and Beretta 92 series. I'm a fan of the DA/SA and they just work.