Nano & G17 morphed into Baby Glock [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Nano & G17 morphed into Baby Glock

fifthward
01-20-2013, 09:45
New guy to the forum...I've been shooting for awhile - owning platforms from Springfield and Beretta - to Walther, Sig & HK...and admit - I always overlooked Glock - having the misconception that they were Tupperware garbage, to put be frank.

Boy - was I IGNANT! :whistling:

I picked up a Glock 26 Gen4. It's as if the gun Gods answered my wishes, and combined the best aspects of my previous concealed carry Nano, and my new appreciative simplicity, function, ruggedness, reliability and trigger - of my G17!

I don't ask for too much...but the G26 gives me all that I need. Small enough in grip length to carry AIWB, and the 3.5" barrel gives me a great sight radius for its intended purpose. The 5.5lb trigger, is crisp - and just light enough.

I popped her cherry yesterday, and she's more accurate than I am - I put the gun thru the paces, and I was pleasantly surprised of how accurate this little gun is, shooting at speed @ 7 yards. I felt I could easily reach out to 10 to 15 yards...and I loved the fact that it felt like I was holding a "gun". At times, owning a thinner Nano, and also fondling other micro-9's...they tend to feel too thin, which typically translates to uncomfortable too shoot. Not with the G26.

Long story short - I love this Glock 26. It's compact, versatile (accepts 15/17/33 round mags), fun to shoot, and bottom line it's reliable.

I've feel like I've been on a quest to find the perfect gun for me, and my purposes - and I've run thru many guns in this search - and I finally feel like I've found it!! Now - I want 2! :supergrin:

Obligatory pic -
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx10/fifthward_p2000/g26_zps5ce849f2.jpg

fifthward
01-20-2013, 09:54
Oh...forgot to mention a couple of observations - that you all already know I'm sure

1) Breaking down the G26 mags are a MUDDAHSUCKAH! I've worked on many guns - but I reached a point where I wanted to SHOOT the magazine!! Literally! I stuck with it...and the base plate came off.

2) I thought I was going to run my weak hand pointer finger over the trigger guard. Didn't work. My thumbs forward grip and hand placement is too engrained - so I naturally didn't - and secondly, when I ran hotter SD loads, my finger jumped off with the recoil at times. Not worth it...

GRT45
01-20-2013, 10:32
Hello fifthward, welcome to Glock Talk.

It's good to read that you and the popular Gen4 Glock 26 9mm subcompact have found each other at last. Congratulations on an excellent choice.

For the Glock neophytes reading this, it may be helpful to mention that you installed the GAP mag floorplate (http://concealablecontrol.com/) on your pistol and the pictured floorplate is not standard issue from Glock. It's a popular mod for the subcompacts.

There is a technique to removing the Glock mag floorplates. A search of YouTube will provide instructions or you can get the GTUL (http://www.mygtul.com/content/videos) which has worked very well for me.

Enjoy the new Glock.

Rustin
01-20-2013, 11:05
Congrats. The G26 is truly a great little pistol. It shoots like it's big brother counterpart, but carries much easier. The fact that it can take G17 and G19 mags make it the best choice IMO for concealment.

G17 G26 combo is really hard to beat.

TSAX
01-20-2013, 11:38
Congrats, the G26 is a great gun especially for carry

:50cal: