Is Glock shipping new pistols with 10 round mags? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is Glock shipping new pistols with 10 round mags?

pangloss9
01-20-2013, 14:28
Hi everyone. Has anyone heard anything about Glock shipping new pistols with 10 round mags. I was looking on Gunbroker a little while ago and found this auction (LINK (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=326551511)) by a seller in Virginia. He states that he has a new Gen4 G17 for sell and that it came from the factory with three 10 round mags. I hope Glock isn't shipping all their pistols with 10 round mags now. What I'm hoping happened is that his distributor also works with people in New York state and that after they passed their new ban last week, the distributor is sending guns that were destined for NY to other states. Of course this is pure conjecture on my part, as I have no other info aside from what is stated in that Gunbroker listing.

VinnieG
01-20-2013, 14:54
There has always been glocks available with 10rnd mags for the republic of California and such places.
They still produce em with high cap mags, if you can find em that is

pangloss9
01-20-2013, 15:08
I checked the seller's other auction, and he isn't a FFL, so I doubt he has a distributor. I think this was probably originally a NY, MA, or CA gun.

glock a-doodle-doo
01-20-2013, 15:10
I just picked up a blue label g34 tested on jan 07 and it came with 3 17 round mags, thankfully!!!

bentbiker
01-20-2013, 16:11
I checked the seller's other auction, and he isn't a FFL, so I doubt he has a distributor. I think this was probably originally a NY, MA, or CA gun.
This is a white label gun. I'm guessing his dealer just couldn't find a red label gun at his distributor(s). What is strange is that a non-FFL has both a new G17 and a new G26 for sale; he states on the G26 auction that because he's not an FFL, he must sell it as "used" even though it is "NIB". Then, on the G17, he lists it as "Factory New", and says shipping will be by ground -- normally available only to FFL. His only completed auction was for 5 17rd G17 mags ($200), and those, too, were listed as new. Maybe he works at a gun store or pawn shop and does this to make extra money???

SCmasterblaster
01-20-2013, 16:27
I hope that Glock is sending out their pistols with the original magazines to all states that allow them.

NCHeel
01-20-2013, 16:45
Or he is buying GLOCKS and swapping out the mags for the easy to find 10 round cap. I have seen normal capacity mags going for $75-100. That would be a $225-300 profit.

OneAverageWhiteGuy
01-20-2013, 17:32
Some ship with 10 rounders. Here's mine, test fired October 2012

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/sake_bomb/IMG_0287_zpse013ace2.jpg

pangloss9
01-20-2013, 19:57
OneAverage, what part state are you in? I bought a new Glock and found three 10 round mags, I'd be pretty upset. I guess if demand in free states greatly exceeds demand in restricted states, it would make sense for them to ship the 10 round mags to other parts of the country, but if they do that, the people who buy those pistols should get some sort of voucher for some standard capacity mags. Anyway, as along as your Glock shipped before this buying panic, I don't think it offers any warning to us about pistols shipping with restricted mags.

Regarding that seller on Gunbroker, something does seem a little suspicious. Oh well.

mjsarge
01-20-2013, 20:06
I just got a Gen 4 G19 today. Test fired 11/28/12, came with 3 - 15 round mags.

pangloss9
01-20-2013, 20:12
I just got a Gen 4 G19 today. Test fired 11/28/12, came with 3 - 15 round mags.

That's still pre-Sandyhooke and before the national gun control discussion.

Has anyone bought a pistol that was boxed in 2013 and came with standard capacity mags?

DannyR
01-20-2013, 20:19
According to Glock's production manager last week, Glock is shipping Red Label and Blue Label pistols with standard capacity mags until such time as they become restricted by Congressional action.

White label Glocks have always shipped with 10-round max magazines to our communist states like California.

OneAverageWhiteGuy
01-20-2013, 20:21
I live in CA, and we have a 10 round limit on magazines. That said, the gun was meant for other states with similar restrictions since Gen4's aren't available for sale here due to other reasons. You have to jump through hoops to legally get one.

LEO and certain other exempt parties can buy them with no restrictions and include the standard capacity mags.

mjsarge
01-20-2013, 20:24

Has anyone bought a pistol that was boxed in 2013 and came with standard capacity mags?

Right but what does that have to do with the size mags Glock puts in the box? No laws have changed for them to make an adjustment. (outside of NY)

blackangus
01-20-2013, 20:30
Or he is buying GLOCKS and swapping out the mags for the easy to find 10 round cap. I have seen normal capacity mags going for $75-100. That would be a $225-300 profit.

It is what any entrepreneur would do.

pangloss9
01-20-2013, 20:32
According to Glock's production manager last week, Glock is shipping Red Label and Blue Label pistols with standard capacity mags until such time as they become restricted by Congressional action.

White label Glocks have always shipped with 10-round max magazines to our communist states like California.

Thanks, Danny. Coming from you, this completely answer my question. I hope they are working extra shifts to produce guns and mags as fast as they can.

Mjsarge, I was simply worried that Glock would start shipping pistols with 10 round mags in case some bill slipped through congress faster than anyone expected (unlikely, but not impossible). It's good to know about the white label guns, but I hope this is the extent of my exposure to them.

OneAverage, I'm glad you managed to get your hands on a Gen4. I have a Gen4 G17 and it is a fantastic pistol.

skeezix
01-20-2013, 22:35
I just bought my first Glock; a Gen3 G22, with two 10 round mags. In Oregon there are not yet any restrictions, however, my LGS told me that the models with 10 round mags were the only kind they could get, right now.

DannyR
01-21-2013, 06:34
Pangloss9,

Glock has been working 24/7, 5 days a week for a year now in both Austria and the USA, producing as many Glocks as possible. The newly expanded production area in Smyrna, practically doubling their production capability, should be 100% operational this summer.

kaech
01-21-2013, 06:48

I bought a Glock 19 Gen 3 Saturday that was test fired a week ago and it came with 15 round magazines

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

bentbiker
01-21-2013, 21:01
This auction has been canceled as of today. He also added a PayPal payment option for his current G26 auction.

chemboy
01-21-2013, 22:30
Picked up a Gen4 G32 about two weeks ago. It had three 13 round mags, I was happy to see!

RLZIII
01-21-2013, 22:36
Pangloss9,

Glock has been working 24/7, 5 days a week for a year now in both Austria and the USA, producing as many Glocks as possible. The newly expanded production area in Smyrna, practically doubling their production capability, should be 100% operational this summer.

Great to hear the news! Just to clear something up: By "practically doubling their production capability," do you mean doubling the production of USA guns, or doubling the amount of GLOCKs in production total (including the Austria factory)?

skyboss_4evr
01-21-2013, 22:37
No way GLOCK would stop shipping pistols with standard capacity magazines based solely on legislation that's been introduced (by Feinstein) every year since the ban ended.

There is no ban on magazines yet. And I doubt there will be anytime soon. There's not enough support, even on the Democratic side of the aisle, for Feinstein's bill.

chemboy
01-21-2013, 22:43
No way GLOCK would stop shipping pistols with standard capacity magazines based solely on legislation that's been introduced (by Feinstein) every year since the ban ended.

There is no ban on magazines yet. And I doubt there will be anytime soon. There's not enough support, even on the Democratic side of the aisle, for Feinstein's bill.

Agreed! The dems seem to be backing off on this some, despite all the posturing.

ca survivor
01-22-2013, 18:43
about two years ago I was buying an H&K compact, when I opened the case it had 10 rds mags, I ask the salesman and he when back and got another case with the 12 rds mags, my guess is that gun was for a restricted state and some how got to Florida.

Vartarg
01-22-2013, 18:49
Bought a white label Gen4 G22 yesterday....3 standard capacity magazines.....i.e.: 15 rounds each.

ca survivor
01-22-2013, 18:59
deleted.

pangloss9
01-22-2013, 21:48
Pangloss9,

Thanks for the info, Danny. I'm certainly glad to hear it! I hope they use that extra capacity to make FDE Glocks.

I'm also relieved to hear of people getting recently made guns with standard capacity mags.